Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Round 23 - Pies v. Blues.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I may most definitely be wrong, but I don't think Callum Brown is officially the medi-sub yet. I don't think that is actually named until the day of the match itself. If you look at the line-ups, it says OUT: Trent Bianco, Josh Carmichael, Callum Brown (medisub) but I think that is just referring to the fact that Callum Brown was the medisub last game.
I know that against the Swans we didn't know who our medisub would be until game day.
I think the sub can still be one of any four of our listed emergencies:
Trent Bianco, Josh Carmichael, Callum Brown or Oliver Henry.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:02 pm

I'd use Henry as the medi-sub. He can provide a huge spark if he comes on during a game.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:40 pm

I'd love to see Henry in the side too, but as a medical sub I fear he is too one dimensional. To me, Carmichael is best suited as he can play forward, back or in the midfield.

However, the club website seems to suggest that Callum Brown is the medical sub, since both Bianco and Carmichael have "omitted" alongside their names, but not so Brown, who instead has "medical sub".

We'll find out soon enough. Overall, the good thing is that, apart from missing Adams, we have a full strength team listed, so there'll be no excuses if we don't win. We should win, but a lot will depend on the fitness of Mihocek, who is grossly underrated in terms of his importance to our team.

He is the lynch pin of our entire forward line. He looks like he's been playing under some duress in recent weeks and will no doubt benefit from the week rest before the finals. If he is up and about this week, I reckon we'll win comfortably. Everyone in our team will be determined to play well to secure their spots in our finals team.

The inclusion of MaCrae could turn out to be a great spark for us. While some of my fellow Nicksters, in light of the manner of our loss last week, seem to think we will lose this one, I have a sneaky feeling that we will be firing on all cylinders and win by a few goals. Can't wait. Bring it on. Go Pies!
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:50 pm

Presti35 wrote:
I'd use Henry as the medi-sub. He can provide a huge spark if he comes on during a game.

I agree. I think he is a wild card, while Ginni is the joker!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:28 pm

buzzlightyear wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
I just have a very bad feeling about this one. 11 straight wins in to 3 losses to end the year is what feels like coming. Like a tornado in the distance slowly moving towards you, its coming to destroy your home and there's nothing you can do to stop it, just waiting for the inevitable. Why do I feel this way? Maybe i just need a few stiff drinks. Confused

I hear you! Its those demons coming to the fore that is Carlton, Collingwood & finals. Its a form of PTSD!

No stiff drink, just clear focus. Exciting to see how we go because Carlton were pretty good against Melbourne last week.

OH Ye of little faith, Yes , Bluescum should have beaten Melb, but failed, shattered them, and their two matches prior to that were shockers. Adelaide pansted them, that has no happened to us. Their form not all that great, really. We can, and will win this one. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:33 pm

90 nice wrote:
A lot of richmond mates think we have a similar style to that of richmond gun and go type style of their 2017 season and 2019
As long as we aren’t the richmond of 2018
2017 please

Ross Lyon says the same thing, that we are playing Richmond style football, from their Premiership years, so that is a tremendous compliment from him. Smile Surprised

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:45 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

I'd love to see Henry in the side too, but as a medical sub I fear he is too one dimensional. To me, Carmichael is best suited as he can play forward, back or in the midfield.

However, the club website seems to suggest that Callum Brown is the medical sub, since both Bianco and Carmichael have "omitted" alongside their names, but not so Brown, who instead has "medical sub".

We'll find out….. Bring it on. Go Pies!

Yep agreed. Carmichael seems better suited but Bianco has been a surprisingly good imo as a sub this year.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:24 am

After last nights pathetic effort against the Deees, the Lions are about as good as a burnt crumpet, for the finals. Now considering the fact, that two weeks ago, they smashed the Bluescum, who also got belted by the Crows, I can see no logical reason why we cannot take these pricks out. None. Our formline is far better.

Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:56 am

Got to bring the pressure but use it well when we create a turnover. I hope Pendles has a much better game, he uncharacteristically turned the ball over by foot going through the corridor against the pink ducks several times. No more 45m set shots that don't make the distance and get rushed through either. Not confident that we will win the game but hopefully it is much closer than that shite last night.
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:56 am

Dp
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:01 am

RudeBoy wrote:

As MTTM notes above, this is merely shorthand for Brown having been left out of the 22 after being last week’s medi-sub. It doesn’t in any way suggest that he’ll be this week’s sub, and I suspect it’s pretty unlikely that he will be now that De Goey’s back in the side.

My guess is it’ll be either Bianco or Carmichael, but my preference would be Henry.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:03 am

Same love if Henry were medi sub
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:40 am

Can someone please post the Collingwood team line up thanks
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:36 am

Do we have like a preference as to what end we would like to kick to first always felt the ponsford stand end first up leaving us to the punt Rd end in the final quarter and plus get the wind in the forth quarter
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:41 am

I’m looking forward to MacRae getting another chance this round. It really does look like he’s been groomed ( excuse phrase ) to come into the seniors as a much more better prepared player this time around. He will leave nothing behind knowing a decent game could lead to his first final in two weeks time.
Hopefully, this game is the making of him. We don’t need him to get it 30 times but you want him being comfortable with the tempo of the game.
Good luck, young man.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16   

Jump to: