Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Round 21 - Magpies v. Demons.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prexm68 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Callum Brown is surely first in line

He is not even close.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:24 pm

Surely you jest?

We seem to lose every time Cal Brown plays. I hate to be negative about any of our players, but imo he just doesn't have the skill-set required for senior footy. He is a goer for sure, and in the VFL is able to perform very well, but his skill deficiencies get found out at in the AFL.

I'd much rather Carmichael replace Adams, or else Macrae.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:35 pm

Meredith1965 wrote:
piffdog wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:

Out:

* WHE - "the ghost" needs to bring something more than cameos.

Bit harsh on Hosko. He’s been excellent the last month I reckon.

Without WHEE, we’d have lost vs the Suns and Port. Of course he stays.

3 goals in the past 9 games, and while yes he did some important things against the Suns, it was well time he stood up. I was there and watched the game closely and I can tell you, the ghost was doing ghost things for a large part of the game.
If he performs against the top 8 sides in the finals, I'll happily lower my ire.

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:41 pm

^ Macrae had 29 disposals, 8 clearances and 7 tackles. Callum Brown had a fine game - but didn't play as an inside mid. If they haven't given up on Macrae, this is the time to give him a chance. After Macrae, the next best senior-listed player's clearance tally was Thor's 5.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:26 pm

Yes, could be McCrae.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:46 pm

I could be wrong but I would have thought that Tyler Brown gets another senior game before McCrae 🙄
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:01 pm

I think it would be a fantastic move to test out McCrae in the midfield as a replacement for Adams. It is a year since his last foray into the AFL, and his VFL form now warrants it. To my way of thinking, it is now or never for McCrae. Tyler and Callum Brown are much more "known quantities" than McCrae, and I feel that we need to find out what he is capable of at a senior level. If he can't get a kick against the Dees, then we know that we will have to fall back to Tyler and or Callum in the absence of Tay.
Point taken re Carmichael from P2016: Carmichael has achieved a total of 0 clearances in his 3 games, and is playing much more as a half forward than a midfielder. He is therefore not a real replacement for Tay Adams. With this statistic, it is pretty clear that you either play Carmichael as a half forward and relegate Bianco to the medi sub, or you leave Carmichael as the all flexible, goal kicking sub. At this stage, he is not playing the role of inside mid, and at this early point in his career is most likely not capable of such a role, given his lack of a preseason.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:03 pm

Scott Pendlebury joined Triple M Footy after another narrow win (against Port Adelaide). He discussed:
◉ Maggies hot streak & the run home
◉ Umpires treatment of young gun Jack Ginnivan
◉ Looking forward to finals in a few weeks time
◉ His first fine from the AFL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEY6cK2U4e4

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:20 pm

^Thanks for link TaS. Fantastic interview with Pendles. His words re Jack Ginnivan should cut the AFL to the quick, if the AFL is actually a sentient being. He refers to several occasions when players on the field are bamboozled when the free kick to Ginnivan is not paid. He also declared that Ginnivan is not the only player in the AFL who knows how to shrug a tackle, yet Ginnivan is being umpired according to a different set of rules.
Great stand taken in defence of Ginni.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:41 am

^^^^

I just wish Collingwood had the courage to confront the AFL about the Martians treating Ginnivan like he is a Rugby union player who hasn’t got a neck, like the Martians don’t have a brain 🤬 The umpires are a disgrace to their profession and it’s acts like this that will deter future umpires being seen as brainless idiots who don’t know what a bloody neck is 😡 Dumb as.

slangman 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:22 am

We have won 10 in a row since Callum Browns last game.

Don’t change the formula.

The General Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:30 pm

I think some consideration has to be given to Will Kelly.

He hasn't been setting the world unfire in the VFL but there is a chance that Howe may miss this week. And we need to see what Kelly is capable of before we hit the finals.

If anything was to happen to Moore and he was to miss, we need a KPD to step in to handle the gorillas. And right now, the cupboard is bare. We are down to Madgen or Kelly. We already know that Madge brings to the table. We need to see what Kelly can do. He may very well take the bull by the horns and own the position. A bit like what Johnson has done.

If not now, when?
Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:25 pm

If Callum plays, I will start a new thread going into detail about how I have no idea.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:30 pm

It looks like the Deeeeees are real warm favourites, many scribes saying, this is our first real test, this will find us out, can we handle the pressure, Melbourne are back to their best, etc, etc. Forgetting that we have beaten them 6-1 in our last seven matches, and pantsed them by 5 goals on QB. And forgetting, that two weeks ago, the Doggies took them to the cleaners, with ruthless, fast, aggressive play an tackling, our hallmark. Granted they had a good win over a lackluster Freo, who are tiring, but then again, we also beat the Dockers in Perth by six goals. So, there you go, in my view, the match is line ball, and is ours to lose, play as we have been, and we certainly can defeat the Toffs, no doubt.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:32 pm

It's our hardest game of the last three on paper, and that's saying something. Will be a real litmus test of where we're at – not just whether we win or lose, but how.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12   

Jump to: