Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Round 21 - Magpies v. Demons.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watching McCreery’s relentless chasing and perceived pressure (and real pressure). He can’t come out. He allows our more naturally gofted goal kickers the energy and space to do their thing without them blowing a gasket on the process.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:33 am

Crazy to drop McCreely. Stupid move to even think of it. He is an asset who does the one preventers that generally go unnoticed but not by me. His value is underrated and underplayed and will be sorely missed if he is dropped. We need to keep the team stable until the finals to learn specific plays and tactical ploys. This grows team confidence and dependence on each other for team success. Getting quietly confident of Collingwood being surprisingly competitive and seriously capable of causing an upset or two but still not in the final frame to snag a flag this year. However if they beat Melbourne in a powerful display, I would have to reconsider my opinion about how far they can go in the finals this season. Exciting to see what happens. Go ‘pies 🦅👍🏽
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:35 am

The Doggies showed , the way to beat these Toffs, is to move the ball fast, and keep it away from Gawn, by pass him at all times, he means more to them than anyone, just keep it away from him , the dogs did it well. We did beat thm last time, Cox had a day out, so we dont fear them at all.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:46 am

RudeBoy wrote:
You make some good points TaS.

However, I see Carmichael as being a certain starter, after successive weeks of having a high impact as the sub. I see he and JDG rotating between the midfield and forward line. So for mine, Carmy comes in for the injured Adams.

I'm assuming Howe plays, as Fly said he should be right to go. So someone has to make way for Checkers. Unluckily it will probably be Bianco. With those 2 changes, I'm now leaning towards giving Grundy one more week in the VFL, then bringing him back the following week to take on the Swans on the smaller SCG.

In: Checkers, Carmichael

Out: Adams (inj), Bianco

Sub: Bianco

I'm with you on this Rudeboy I also see that rotation Carmicheal -JDG. We need big bodies in the midfield to compensate Our lighter skilled types. With Adams out we are going to be short on grunt. JDG will need to go through more often. Bianco is one of the skilled that must make way. Melbourne are a physical outfit when they want to play. Oliver and Viney are relentless. Contrary from what I read MCreery Needs to stay in. Let him do the physical work in defensive tackling and Ginnivan the scoring.Unless Checkers doesn't come up Grundy needs to keep building in the VFL as Cox and Cameron haven't put a foot wrong.
Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:15 am

Cam wrote:
Out: Adams
In: Mihocek

methinks might be all that happens

If Howe doesn't get up then perhaps Mighty Madge or as a longshot Will Kelly could get a call up as long as he doesn't get an injury brushing his teeth this week.

He's changed to a soft brush Cam so should be okay

Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:56 am

This week tells us whether we are the real deal or not. We got them on QB when they were in a slump and without Gawn. But now they are playing very good football. If we can overcome them, we can win the flag. I don’t expect it, as we have just been getting over lowly teams, but we are a team on the rise and they are at their peak. So now, we see where we are really at. It’s our biggest game of the year by a country mile. I am hoping that Johnson has a breakout game, as there is something special about him and it is the rise of players like him that will move us into contention.
Prexm68 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:05 am

90 nice wrote:
Adams still to get back results on the scan I think he had them this morning I know he has had groin complaints before

He said on the news he is hoping he is out only 1-2 weeks. I doubt we will see him back until finals.
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:23 am

Meredith1965 wrote:
This week tells us whether we are the real deal or not. We got them on QB when they were in a slump and without Gawn. But now they are playing very good football. If we can overcome them, we can win the flag. I don’t expect it, as we have just been getting over lowly teams, but we are a team on the rise and they are at their peak. So now, we see where we are really at. It’s our biggest game of the year by a country mile. I am hoping that Johnson has a breakout game, as there is something special about him and it is the rise of players like him that will move us into contention.

Gawn played, it was May that was absent.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:49 am

^ Gawn's record against Collingwood is actually abysmal. He's played against Collingwood 12 times for 3 wins. His most recent win against Collingwood was in round 12, 2016. He rucked against Witts that day. He's probably due to get a kick against us, I suppose - but his presence is hardly an asset.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:24 am

I think the time has come to not concern ourselves with who they select to play, the club coaches will do that. We must have total confidence in our game plans being capable of matching it with any team and stick to it while doing the basics right. My problem is again with the issue of probability 🥹 which says we are due for a loss. However this team refuses to listen. Tough to pick an outcome with total confidence but for the umpteenth time this season I’ll let my heart overrule my head and pick Collingwood by 14 points.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:32 am

My changes:
Adams Out
Checkers In

Bianco Out
Carmichael In

Bianco Medi-Sub
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:23 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
Just watching McCreery’s relentless chasing and perceived pressure (and real pressure). He can’t come out. He allows our more naturally gofted goal kickers the energy and space to do their thing without them blowing a gasket on the process.

There’s no way McCreery will be dropped. He is a vital part to “our” success. The work he does off the ball is not captured on TV.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

..No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:26 am

rambler wrote:
For mine,

INS Checkers, Carmichael, Kelly (if Howe Out)
OUTS Adams, Bianco (Sub)

Note on Kelly, remember Ash Johnson wasn't exactly tearing it up B4 his selection. All Kelly has to focus on is playing on his man and let Darcy and Murph do the intercepts

Remember that Kelly has been in the seniors before maybe 2-3 times and each time, quickly got injured.
That's a pattern and a worry with Kelly. Maybe that's why he's taking his time in the VFL.
He could be promoted in good time on strong form.

Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:36 am; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:26 am

the fuzz wrote:
Meredith1965 wrote:

Gawn played, it was May that was absent.

Correct weight. Gawn did cop a bit of an injury. Ginnivan kicked five, the last three were not related to frees or Melbourne trying to dislocate his neck.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

..No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:31 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ Gawn's record against Collingwood is actually abysmal. He's played against Collingwood 12 times for 3 wins. His most recent win against Collingwood was in round 12, 2016. He rucked against Witts that day. He's probably due to get a kick against us, I suppose - but his presence is hardly an asset.

Yes, to be fair, Gawn got injured the last time we met. You can never write off good players.
...But true we have the wood on him to date.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12   

Jump to: