Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Round 21 - Magpies v. Demons.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

mattdally wrote:
Dees form coming in is WLWLW

Let's maintain that trend for them.
They have lost to two contenders - Dogs and Cats.
Beating up an out of sorts Freo, Adelaide at home and Brisbane on the G who haven't won there for over 2,500 days now.

Thanks for the reality feedback. I’m still toey but does put a bit of perspective on the matter.

derkd 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:51 pm

daics aka the ruckman wrote:
derkd wrote:
Don't ask me why, I got a feeling the Dee's win this game by 18 points.

I am the same.
They have won four of their last six and looking good. I know we look good too but we also have limitations.
Maybe instead of playing down to our opponents standard (Roos, Crows) we play up to the standard of the Dees.
The pressure game seems to work against them (bulldogs) and we know how to do that so as long as we can score enough we are a chance.
Looking forward to a cold night at the G.

Agreed, nervous nellie? 100%! I love the heart this team playes with grit of the 2002 Pies, but on steroids! (not literally i hope Laughing ). I think the Dees will test the weaknesses of the Pies, namely the midfeild. I also worry that the Dees will have a bit too much defensive cover for our forward line.

The counter point....maybe we are their bogey side. Ours is West Coast....hopefully we are the Dees.

Last edited by derkd on Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marvelos 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:53 pm

Good in’s for us, only missing a fully fit and in form Grundy and Adams from our very best 22, I’ll take that any day of the week at this stage of the season.
Marvelos 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:54 pm

Good time to be getting Melbourne coming off the Perth trip too.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:32 pm

Lately when I hear people telling me we currently have no room for Henry in our 22 my mind keeps wandering back to those dominant Hawthorn sides of a decade ago and pose the question if that's really the case.

Those Hawthorn forward lines were arguably the most stacked for talent ever and while I'm not suggesting ours is on the same level or indeed ever will be when you don't have the luxury of a Hawkins / Cameron combination to count on you need to find what could be your teams point of difference and look to enhance it.

For mine that ace up our sleeve come finals could be our mix of medium to tall forward options, the capacity as we've already seen of those still inexperienced to impact greatly on any given day, our ability to exploit our lack of one or two dominant focal points up forward and separate the opposition team defence in the process by relying on multiple avenues to goal.

As a comparison I looked at the forward / ruck structure of the 2013 Hawthorn Premiership side and lined it up against what we could choose to do ourselves before the year is out.

Franklin - Johnson
Roughead - Mihocek
Gunston- Henry
Breust - Ginnivan
Rioli - Elliott
Puopolo - McCreery
Hale - Cameron
Bailey - Grundy

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:40 pm

Love it Swoop. Of the last 7 games when we've played Melbourne, they have won 1 game. We are due to lose, they are expected to win and that means there is no pressure on us.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:21 pm

A lot of plundets are writing us off tomorrow’s night not many of these experts are tipping Collingwood
A lot reckon our streak will end
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:21 pm

The bottom line is, regardless of Melbourne's form or strengths, if we play to our best we will beat the toffs easily. Put simply, we have a better side. The good thing is, almost all of our players are in good form. It will be important that we start the game well, and at least go in at quarter time ahead or at worst close to them. As the game goes on we should get on top.

Pies by 18 points.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:59 pm

I do hope our Coach was listening to SEN this arvo He has some ammo for our players. Daisy and Andy interviewed some Deeeees player, not sure who, and this dork said the Melbourne players view Collingwood as "a pretty good side, but also a One Trick Pony ". Really, a one trick pony ?? As a caller pointed out, "Jeezus, we have beaten them 6 out of 7 recent matches, sure taking a long time for them to figure out we are one trick ponies "! If we win, and as the Melb players trudge off the ground, id love a section of the crowd, near them to chant ONE TRICK PONYS to them as they walk off. LOL

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

..No.32...Will Hoskin-Elliott..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:50 pm

It was Ed Langdon

Langdon says the Magpies are “a bit of a one-trick pony” and are “all duck, no dinner” in the way they play.

“One-trick pony”: Demon lights the fuse ahead of Magpies blockbuster"
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/08/04/one-trick-pony-demon-lights-the-fuse-ahead-of-magpies-blockbuster/

WHE Screamer @ 44:40 https://www.afl.com.au/video/1112259 ❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:57 pm

All duck no dinner?!?

Sir, those are fighting words; you have offended me Sir, and I demand satisfaction!

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Usurper 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:01 pm

That's fine to trashtalk ... but he'd want to hope they get over the line against the Pies tomorrow.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:07 pm

The loss of Adams hurts our chances because he's our version of Viney and like Viney he sets the example of unflinching football that can inspire his teammates to follow.

Melbourne really have no excuses tomorrow night, outside of McDonald they have a healthy list with no others missing from their best 22.

All the pressure and expectation is on them, they deserve to be favourites and if they're back in Premiership winning form like the media are suggesting should end our 10 game winning streak comfortably.

Over to you Ed.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:20 pm

Only one change.

Checkers in for Adams.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:21 pm

I expect us to lose this one, which should actually help. While we're winning close ones, we have let teams get a run on against us. It's like players can get a bit complacent knowing they can turn the tap when they need to.

I want us to win, but I won't be shattered if we lose.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12   

Jump to: