Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Round 21 - Magpies v. Demons.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
I’ll be shocked (and more than pleasantly surprised) if “we” can beat Melbourne this week.

My exact thoughts WPT. However these have also been my thoughts over the past 8 or so weeks ☺️ I’m going nuts because as a rational person I have always believed in the subject of probability, especially in my life of playing cricket. If I failed in about 3 or 4 innings, the probability was that I was due for a big score and this mostly worked. So logically we are due for a loss eventually but when that is I have no frigging idea. I keep on hoping that it won’t be this week. My usually dependable “gut feeling” has let me down this season like no other! So here we go again, my head says we will struggle to beat Melbourne and have a close loss. However my heart thinks my head is a being a “head case” and that most likely our winning sequence will continue. Who the f__k knows 😩 I will simply hope for the best.

The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:04 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
I am really looking forward to finding out what our selections are for this game.
I think we must replace Adams with a midfielder, given the quality of Melbourne's midfield. P2016 reports that Tyler Brown has taken the quality of his game in the vfl to a new level, and appears to be accumulating more muscle mass each week. McCrae has also been playing in good form in the VFL. Previously I posted that I thought that replacing Tay with McCrae would be a great move, to see what he is capable of. But in the light of the knowledge that Tyler Brown is ripping it up in the VFL, and is already AFL experienced, maybe should be the one to come in to provide physical presence against Oliver, Petracca, et al. Maybe Finn McCrae is building up for 2023, and Tyler Brown is capable right now of a greater impact.

Either way, I think one of the two must come in.
As for Carmichael, I don't think he has been playing as an inside mid, and is therefore not a like for like replacement for Tay. And I think that for this game we definitely need a like for like replacement.
We definitely need to include Checkers.
So, this means someone has to make way. I think Bianco is the one, unfortunately.
I would include Carmichael as the sub for his flexibility and ability to float forward, take a mark and kick accurately.
So my changes are:
Out Adams (inj), Bianco (forced unfortunately)
In Tyler brown/Finn McCrae (selectors to make the call), Checkers
Sub: Carmichael
No room yet for Ollie Henry. Needs to prove in the reserves that he can match his marking brilliance with high intensity pressure. Also, Ash Johnson is playing really well.
Our chances: as always, this team has chances. The belief, and the inner drive to win, imbues our team. Dees might be favourite, but I have by now faith in our team. We may not win, but we will go close. Love this team.
Go Pies!!

I think Tyler Brown was the carry over emergency last week as he missed the VFL game as well but not on any emergency list.

I understand there’s different arguments for different players but I agree with Magpietothemax. Henry needs to learn to defend and develop some versatility otherwise he’s just a spoon fed forward at the moment.

Elliot’s speed and marking will be crucial in our F50 plus his tackling and change of direction is superior to Henry. Henry is a good lead and mark as a medium forward but really should be aspiring after Elliot. Perfect role model right in front of his eyes.

Reckon Macrae will be sacrificial against the big hard bodies of the Dee’s midfield. If he comes in will be good for some minutes rotating through but he can’t be a direct replacement for Tay. JDG Crisp Pendles Maynard going to have to play the hard big bodies otherwise well get slaughtered at the clearance and have to defend like hell and counter attack every time we win it back.

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:37 am

C Brown is that inside midfielder to replace Adams, but he hasn't raised to AFL level.

Do we replace Adams directly with a C option, or do we spread his role to Elliott and Crisp, and bring in one of Carmichael Henry or McRae to make up the slack.
derkd 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:36 am

Don't ask me why, I got a feeling the Dee's win this game by 18 points.

A stat I heard a few days ago....we have not played a side in the top 8 since the bye...ironically Melbourne. I think they are a very different beast now.

Massive test... but as long as we don't get blown away...I am not worried if we lose.

Let's see where we are at! If we are to win, i think we have to put this game to bed early and keep a decent buffer on the dees.

daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:51 am

derkd wrote:

I am the same.
They have won four of their last six and looking good. I know we look good too but we also have limitations.
Maybe instead of playing down to our opponents standard (Roos, Crows) we play up to the standard of the Dees.
The pressure game seems to work against them (bulldogs) and we know how to do that so as long as we can score enough we are a chance.
Looking forward to a cold night at the G.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:14 am

There’s a time for everything, even winning sequences to end. In a funny way, losing might help take the pressure of sequential winning away and they always say that a team learns more from a loss. In 1990, Matthews said that the GF win was based on the lessons they learned during the H&A loss to Essenscum. However I’m never happy after a loss so I’m conflicted.
Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:38 am

It won’t surprise me if we lose. On exposed form, we do not deserve to be favourites.

But Melbourne are not quick, and it’s when they have played fast, running sides they have seemed most vulnerable. Losing Adams, who often distributes the balls that start our running chains, is a blow. But Noble, Quaynor, Daicos x2, Moore, Crisp, De Goey, Sidebottom, Ginnivan and Elliott can all stretch them. Play our best footy (eg the first vs Essendon) for even two full quarters and we can win.

I recall preliminary finals against seemingly unstoppable Geelong and Richmond sides, when a young side full of up and coming promise seemed to click into another gear….
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:42 am

hehe, look at the nervous nillies counting their chickens! 'i was right" they will say 'told you so" when blind freddy can see its a danger game. i have no idea what will happen but a would wager this, Collingwood, this Collingwood wont quit, not til the final siren!! Go Pies!!!!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:48 am

think positive wrote:
hehe, look at the nervous nillies counting their chickens! 'i was right" they will say 'told you so" when blind freddy can see its a danger game. i have no idea what will happen but a would wager this, Collingwood, this Collingwood wont quit, not til the final siren!! Go Pies!!!!

…..and after the final siren.

Yours truly
Nervous Nell

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:52 am

lazzadesilva wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
I’ll be shocked (and more than pleasantly surprised) if “we” can beat Melbourne this week.

My exact thoughts WPT. However these have also been my thoughts over the past 8 or so weeks ☺️ I’m going nuts because as a rational person I have always believed in the subject of probability, especially in my life of playing cricket. If I failed in about 3 or 4 innings, the probability was that I was due for a big score and this mostly worked. So logically we are due for a loss eventually but when that is I have no frigging idea. I keep on hoping that it won’t be this week. My usually dependable “gut feeling” has let me down this season like no other! So here we go again, my head says we will struggle to beat Melbourne and have a close loss. However my heart thinks my head is a being a “head case” and that most likely our winning sequence will continue. Who the f__k knows 😩 I will simply hope for the best.

I’ve been saying to a few in the last few weeks that we are ripe for the picking & really thought we’d lose v Essendon and Port (& a few others) but went to every home match to be not just pleasantly surprised but filled with joy (and relief) every week.

robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:17 pm

Josh Gabelich @JoshGabelich·10m

Brody Mihocek will return against Melbourne tomorrow night. Jeremy Howe will also face the Demons. Brodie Grundy unlikely to play VFL after being ruled out of AFL selection yesterday.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:24 pm

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:

…..and after the final siren.

Yours truly
Nervous Nell

hehe, ding ding!! oh billy!

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:19 pm

In: Mihocek McRae
Out: Adams

McRae could help out in covering for Adams.

I do think its a case rotating plays around to cover for Adams no one is a permanet fix for Adams thinking we have 2 other players that we can switch around to do the job

Still think Pies to win they are on such a roll.

Dees also have a more recent losse too.

We are going for 11 in a row.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:25 pm

Dees form coming in is WLWLW

Let's maintain that trend for them.
They have lost to two contenders - Dogs and Cats.
Beating up an out of sorts Freo, Adelaide at home and Brisbane on the G who haven't won there for over 2,500 days now.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:26 pm

derkd wrote:

A stat I heard a few days ago....we have not played a side in the top 8 since the bye...ironically Melbourne. I think they are a very different beast now.

Massive test... but as long as we don't get blown away...I am not worried if we lose.

Let's see where we are at! If we are to win, i think we have to put this game to bed early and keep a decent buffer on the dees.

Disagree, our wins are underrated, Port was absolutely desperate to beat us, their whole season hung on it, win and they keep Finals alive, lose, its all over, and they picked their strongest available side. Same with the Dons, last gasp chance for Finals, and for the Suns, likewise, desperate for victory, Finals beckoned. Yet we won them all, against all odds, and i think you forget, the Doggies beat the Deees only two weeks ago, quite well, an remember, we also beat the Dockers in Perth by 6 goals, as Melb did. Granted, this is a real test, but we are 6-1 in our last 7 games, against them, won both recent QB games well. But, if we lose, and we may, a close game-wont be much in it either way- we cannot be too disappointed, we have done very well indeed, as Whatley said, we hav been outstanding, really. My son actually said, might be better to lose a close one to them NOW, rather than win, and then meet them in the Finals, in a match in which they have not beaten us for long time, might be best to lose now, to them, rather than a big Final, theres that too. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12   

Jump to: