Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

My coach is bigger than your coach

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckley took a premiership team and destroyed it.

McRae has taken a bottom team straight to the top 4.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:13 am

Let it go, people. Yes, we gave Eddie and Bucks too long. I'm not fond of the late memories, and I'm sure we're all appreciating the style of football this year, but there are plenty of good memories before that last five years to dwell on. I even have a theory as to how their respective personalities work, but there's no point making it harder for everyone to move on.

Fair enough if they're getting entangled in the club again, but that doesn't seem to be happening. (For those who follow the EPL, I'm thinking of Alex Ferguson standing in the terraces of Old Trafford casting a menacing shadow over proceedings, but neither Eddie nor Bucks are doing that). Bucks isn't even doing a Shawry and overreacting against us in the media as the latter did when he first started commentating, but even that's been long since forgiven.

Better to focus on what's before us and appreciate it, leaving the strong emotions for when they're genuinely warranted, letting bygones be bygones.

(FWIW, the tendency to fall into exaggerated love/hate extremes is called 'splitting' in psychology, and it's characteristic of people who are always dragging others into conflict, burdening everyone around them. It's also a hallmark of fundamentalist authoritarian religion and the tabloid media. Make of that what you will, but if we keep encouraging it we're only undermining the good work that's been done to get McRae, creating a climate of instability that will be readily exploited by grifters and crazies. Wait until we hit a difficult patch and watch them go into overdrive.)

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:03 am

eddiesmith wrote:

And Hafey took a wooden spooner into a GF. Sadly we didn’t win. I’d love Fly to go one better than Hafey but with all honesty I don’t think we can get the job done this year. My dream would be to give Pendles the perfect farewell with a flag next year but my head says we are a real chance in 2024/25.

Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:23 am

Wrong thread please delete
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:03 pm

eddiesmith wrote:

<Snip - from the forum rules: "Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. You are encouraged to voice your opinions, but please be considerate of others and treat them as you would like to be treated - plain and simple really. Posts that are abusive, hateful or intolerant of the differences of others will be removed or edited and the posters may be warned." Thanks, Pies4shaw for BBMods>

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:42 am

lazzadesilva wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

And Hafey took a wooden spooner into a GF. Sadly we didn’t win. I’d love Fly to go one better than Hafey but with all honesty I don’t think we can get the job done this year. My dream would be to give Pendles the perfect farewell with a flag next year but my head says we are a real chance in 2024/25.

No it will take a lot of luck, we got that in 2018 but blew it on GF day. But it will be some invaluable finals experience as well as winning tight games that will help us build.

Now much like 2010, we just need to get in those 1-2 missing cogs to finalise the side.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:53 am

eddiesmith wrote:
No it will take a lot of luck, we got that in 2018 but blew it on GF day. But it will be some invaluable finals experience as well as winning tight games that will help us build.
Now much like 2010, we just need to get in those 1-2 missing cogs to finalise the side.

Totally agree with you Eddiesmith. Luck is definitely a factor in my opinion to get the rub of the green to put us in good positions at crucial times during the game. It helps with momentum to bang home advantages. Umpires have a bad habit of mysteriously slowing down our momentum with spurious free kicks against us but we need to rise above the inevitable nonsensical decisions we have in every game as a fact. Have strategies to except these and face them adequately. Just a given we have to deal with this bullshit issue so let’s do it well to piss them off. Let’s streamline our game to hold up perfectly in the finals and continue to do the essential one percenters required to win.

RockabyDaisy 

RockabyDaisy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:04 pm

eddiesmith

Bucks lives rent free in your head.

Get over those days.

Celebrate the now. The fact you bang on and on and on and on and on an......

GET OVER IT.

Bucks is a champion of this club, always will be.
Celebrate the now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: