Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Umpiring rants ~ receive our scorn

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

You know the system is rotten when the umpires kept Carlton in the game against Freo...
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:38 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
^

Ha! I literally logged in to say the same. Pratt must have left millions in a “pay off the umpires” trust fund.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:37 pm

^^Say no more but the again it’s an absolute of oxygen saving anything on this subject to the authorities as I have seen for many years. They will produce someone from an umpire nursing home to say how the umpires are always right and that we should never question any decisions. You can’t win with that type of head in the sand attitude and non solution focused total denial 👹
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:33 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
^

And then they roll out the old bs line “it’s the hardest sport to officiate in the world and they do an amazing job “ blah blah blah
Reality is their standard is so poor now it is turning people off the sport and one sided results are deciding matches and ruining the game

shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:55 pm

That umpiring dissent rule is the worst. Players should be fined. Sides should not be penalised. That was sheer robbery of Freo last night.

And while we're at it the goal umpires this year are so blind they are calling for reviews every second goal. Seriously this sport is ****ed.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:00 pm

The standard is at an all time low and the new footy boss must take the blame as she is completely incompetent.

Even the easiest of jobs the boundary umpires are $$%^%%$ it up every single week.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:35 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
^

Born in Finland. Footy isn't in her blood. It was a job to her. A DEI job too.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:44 pm

Big T wrote:
^

Exactly right 👍🏿 They have avoided any solution focused discussion on this subject since Adam ran around naked looking for a fig leaf 🍁 The AFL has the media by the balls because if you upset them with the inconvenient truth, they will rip the license to broadcast footy from that media outlet that has the audacity to tell the truth 😡 And no one cares or has the balls to confront or challenge such nonsensical blackmail from the AFL derelicts.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:11 pm

Umpiring in general was far better back in the good old days, when there was only 2 ofem, and they covered half the ground each. No where near the amount of shocking decisons, howlers, back then, as there is now. These days the maggots often actually decide matches, like yesterday, and the Bluescum stole another match, cos of them. Its fuckingpathetic nowdays.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:56 am

I was so disgusted with the Carlton Freo situation that it’s actually turned me off the game. I had no passion during the pies hawks game and I am considering taking time off from watching and listening. How they can butcher the game and blatantly favour one team in the crucial moments of the last quaryer, and there were at least 5 moments, and then take great offence when a player loses his shit at a shocking decision and kill the game by paying another goal on top of the one that shouldn’t have been paid, is beyond my ability to stay watching this sport.

It’s a sham and I’m fed up. They and the AFL in general should be called out for what they are. Cheats and incompetents. And ruining our game.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:48 am

Big T wrote:
I was so disgusted with the Carlton Freo situation that it’s actually turned me off the game. I had no passion during the pies hawks game and I am considering taking time off from watching and listening. How they can butcher the game and blatantly favour one team in the crucial moments of the last quaryer, and there were at least 5 moments, and then take great offence when a player loses his shit at a shocking decision and kill the game by paying another goal on top of the one that shouldn’t have been paid, is beyond my ability to stay watching this sport.

It’s a sham and I’m fed up. They and the AFL in general should be called out for what they are. Cheats and incompetents. And ruining our game.

My son,who played in Junior Premierships, is feeling same way as you, hes fed up with umps actually now, deciding the out come of games. Hes nearly done too, for awhile. Blues match was a classic clustercluck by the maggots. nd, our match against the Saints ?? Yet, League does nothing, never does, corrupt. Back in the day, umpires like Crouch, Jolly, razor Ray just used to laugh at players re dissent, tell em to get stuffed too, with No penalty. Now, precious little darlings. Its pathetic, old Jack, Lou, and Bobby davis, would be turning in their graves over todays umpiring non standard. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:33 am

Mitchell speaks out in the media about Jack Ginnivan’s treatment by the umpires and he starts getting free kicks.

It’s time we do the same for Mason Cox. Now he had a shocker in the last quarter I’ll admit that. But for the whole game opposition players know they can do anything they like and nothing will happen. Cox constantly gets:
- pushed under the ball
- push in the back
- held in a marking contest

The big guy needs some help.

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:29 pm

stoliboy wrote:
Mitchell speaks out in the media about Jack Ginnivan’s treatment by the umpires and he starts getting free kicks.

It’s time we do the same for Mason Cox. Now he had a shocker in the last quarter I’ll admit that. But for the whole game opposition players know they can do anything they like and nothing will happen. Cox constantly gets:
- pushed under the ball
- push in the back
- held in a marking contest

The big guy needs some help.

Cox would also help his game if he learned to make his holds etc on opposition ruckmen less obvious. He gave away repeated frees for obvious ruck infringements in the last half against Hawthorn. Its like he never learns.

1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:43 pm

^ Some ruck infringements were mind boggling! In one instance Cox was standing toe to toe with ruck men holding each other off and Cox’s hand was on the hawk’s shoulder and was penalised for high!

The new ruck rule has certainly disadvantages our team.

BARRACK HARD!
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:07 pm

Media still in a love fest with Ginnivan and Hawthorn. I’d really like to hear our club complain re De Goey and our mids constantly illegally held and blocked, same for our forwards (arms around waist a free kick right).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 65 of 67   

Jump to: