Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Umpiring rants ~ receive our scorn

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dexy66 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I’ve really noticed lately while watching a game on TV Is how often the commentators appear to have no clue what a free kick Is for. Is It because they’ve been told to not comment on umpires or something? So often a kick will be given and I’ll have no clue why and BT or Brayshaw will say nothing, anyone else notice this? It does my head In . And very rarely do they even show a replay of the free kick.
Ricky Watts right boot 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:26 am
Post subject: Did Bobby Hill get a strike to the face?Reply with quote

I thought I saw a still graphic pop-up of a Brions player (Dorko?) swiping Bobby Hill's face with a forearm/elbow during the Channel 7 coverage of the match. I have not heard any mention of this on the night or since. Did I imagine this or did anyone else see it too?
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:16 am

I see Jack Ginnivan is now beautifully set up by the media campaign to receive free kicks this weekend that he rarely got while playing for us...
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:33 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
^

The timing is impeccable. The media haven't stopped talking about him for the past two days.

1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:15 pm

It’s a certainty that the umps will adjust accordingly to appease the media and Laura Kane and then will return to paying him nothing the following week.

BARRACK HARD!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:36 pm

^Tell Bruzza to be very, very wary of the little prick, no tackles above the chest, he will duck his head for sure, as per usual, and the maggots will free him, providing hes well within the Hawks goals, goes without saying. Im sure Fly has a plan for him, forewarned, is forearmed as they say. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:27 pm

Silly blood Eddie motor mouth should just STFU sometimes. On FC got into a debate with Lloyd, on Ginnivan. Mouth of the south Eddie reckons Ginni has not had a fair go. "give the kid a go" he says, Lloyd disagrees reckons Ginni plays for frees a lot, ducks head. What will Eddie say, if his "Kid" now a piss and poop forward, gets 4 dodgy frees in Hawks goal range, and kicks four and we lose a close match ???? I do wonder bout McGuire sometimes. Unreal.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:38 pm

He's a media personality and paid to make general observations about football, not speak in Collingwood's interests. That conflict of interest may have caused problems when he was president, but he's totally free now to say what he likes. Anyway if you think the umps are going to change their tune on Ginnivan because of Eddie McGuire sticking up for him, I have a bridge to sell you.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:04 am

David wrote:
^

Id love to be as naive as you, just watch, the umps will give him the earth this match, sure hes a media man, but still a total fuckingdickhead at times, so glad hes gone now, Jeff Browne runs rings round him as a President. Surprised

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:21 pm

Of course they’ll give him frees this week, but it’s not because of Eddie, their boss came out on Tuesday and said they missed multiple free kicks to Ginni.

Funny how she was completely silent on his treatment last year…
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:28 am

Piesnchess wrote:
What will Eddie say, if [Ginnivan] gets 4 dodgy frees in Hawks goal range, and kicks four and we lose a close match.

Like the rest of us, he'll say "season over" because Hawthorn have lost all three games and been woefully uncompetitive. If we can't beat them - even with them getting some help from the umpires - we're wasting our time in 2024.

He might, of course, also wonder privately why we showed the door to such a talent at 20 years of age - but he's not going to say anything about that publicly.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:11 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^

Put money on it. They haven’t called dissent for months and then they pull one out for Carlton after missing a clear freo mark at the other end and then gifting Carlton two goals.

The Ginnivan game will be an all time AFL manipulation for ratings and money..

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:43 am

Geez its getting worse and worse every week.
Last night on the Dogs Cats game, did anyone see that kick out that was clearly not touched before it dribbled over the boundary line? And I mean, clearly not touched.
Free kick right? Well between the 4 of them they seem to have forgotten the rules...or an invisible Dogs player touched the ball before it went out.
And the commentators either don't notice, or choose to say nothing.

It's not just us, its league wde

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:41 am

^ Once the player plays on from the square it’s not a free kick anymore.

Gary Lyon brought this up last week on the couch! It beggars belief that players can play on from kick out kick to the boundary then set up for the throw in.

BARRACK HARD!
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:28 pm

Ahh, thanks 1eyepied...I agree, free poor rule change, or interpretation if you will.

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 64 of 67   

Jump to: