Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

State of (Bee) Origin

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:27 pm
Post subject: State of (Bee) OriginReply with quote

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-30/victoria-and-queensland-ban-bees-from-nsw-amid-varroa-outbreak/101196640

Bees are going to be interriogated about their travel plans at the border, it seems.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Read about this mite infection on the weekend.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-26/nsw-stops-movement-of-bees-due-to-varroa-mite-parasite/101184770

Lots of hives destroyed, a ban on hive movement within NSW, now closed borders. Next thing Dan will want to make all Bees wear tiny masks when they're outside of the hive.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:02 am

It’s really not a joke though. We are still looking for a small property and I fully intend to get bee hives and build a bee friendly garden for them. I love bees!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:48 am

See if you can get Native Australian bees rather than honey bees.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:47 am

I didn’t know that was a thing but I’ll check it out, ta, actually in the car going to check a place out for the second time, picked up junior from the airport last night, want her opinion too, somewhere between my puppy dog out look of ooh the chooks are pecking my feet and the sheep came right up to me and hubby’s it’s a good investment!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:42 pm

hah, all cute till you realise how much work is involved in that. Wink
partypie 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:23 pm

Yep it’s a lot of work, it’s what I’m doing these days, revegetating and cleaning up a previously neglected bush block complete with rare plants rabbits Roos weeds and rocks, but the sense of tranquillity (when we are not cursing each other over how to plant a tree etc) makes it all so worth while! Do it, and don’t wait till you’re too old!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:33 pm

partypie wrote:
Yep it’s a lot of work, it’s what I’m doing these days, revegetating and cleaning up a previously neglected bush block complete with rare plants rabbits Roos weeds and rocks, but the sense of tranquillity (when we are not cursing each other over how to plant a tree etc) makes it all so worth while! Do it, and don’t wait till you’re too old!

Did it! Hope we are not too old! Hubby is a workaholic so he will be fine!

partypie 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:58 pm

think positive wrote:
partypie wrote:

Well done! Where abouts TP? We are just north of Margaret River in WA. Yes it helps to have a workaholic on hand, at least you won’t have to worry about them keeping themselves busy and out of trouble. Our property came with an old tractor and a front loader which were thought to be buggered but they just needed some work and they work fine.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:17 am

partypie wrote:
think positive wrote:
partypie wrote:

Well done! Where abouts TP? We are just north of Margaret River in WA. Yes it helps to have a workaholic on hand, at least you won’t have to worry about them keeping themselves busy and out of trouble. Our property came with an old tractor and a front loader which were thought to be buggered but they just needed some work and they work fine.

Cheers mate, thanks, 3 acres in Drysdale, the town just before portarlington! Perfect posi for us, kids don’t have to go on skinny country roads to visit, hubby can commute easily, but we are not planning on selling our altona house. Not for a while anyway! He’s already planning on buying a bobcat and stuff! He loves his toys! Thanks mate, I’ve ever been to Margaret river but certainly hope to one day xx

partypie 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:09 am

I know that area quite well. You should try to get over here sometime. You can fly direct to from Melb to Busselton, a new service and to get it going the flights are subsidised and quite cheap. Unfortunately with Jetstar but I’m told it’s ok. You’d like it, spring being the optimal time for wildflowers whales and wine!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:53 pm

Cheers mate one day, we are on Fraser Island right now, and hardly any tourists so it’s great!
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:51 am

partypie wrote:
I know that area quite well. You should try to get over here sometime. You can fly direct to from Melb to Busselton, a new service and to get it going the flights are subsidised and quite cheap. Unfortunately with Jetstar but I’m told it’s ok. You’d like it, spring being the optimal time for wildflowers whales and wine!

Margarets area was great in the 80's. Full of pretentious wanna be's these days. I avoid it like the plague in holiday season... horrible... terrible, horrible.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:15 pm

think positive wrote:
3 acres in Drysdale, the town just before portarlington! Perfect posi for us, kids don’t have to go on skinny country roads to visit, hubby can commute easily

Sounds good, close to the holiday home too. Enjoy.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:42 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
3 acres in Drysdale, the town just before portarlington! Perfect posi for us, kids don’t have to go on skinny country roads to visit, hubby can commute easily

Sounds good, close to the holiday home too. Enjoy.

Cheers ta, it’s got a little farm house so we will probably sell the holiday house! Won’t be easy! I’ll miss her! But now the houses are going up over the road and we can’t see the bay anymore it’s just suburbia! Taught us we love it there though, and the estate has really increased the value xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: