Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Round 15 - Magpies v. Giants.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this reply to my Chugg question from a Richmond fan over at bigfooty.

Quote:
Hey mate, I come here in peace, with an invested interest in Chugg (family member) to try and answer your question. In some ways you have probably answered it yourself. Isaac never expected to be drafted in the first place, he came from a long way back. Spent his whole junior career as mid and the early part of his senior career with Launceston on the wings, he was dropped and when he came back in was played as a defender on the most dangerous small forwards but made the spot his own with his speed and hardness at the contest. This was the role he played for you guys in the VFL last season with mixed results, his defensive game was sound but he struggled to have much of an impact offensively. This season was more of the same early days so he approached the coaching crew and talked about a role change. They agreed and gave him a chance as a mid/forward with a high focus on pressure and 2 way running. Now whilst the stats don’t jump out the page the coaching staff have been very happy with his ability to stick to his task, if you watch the vision of him you will see he does a huge amount of unrewarded running. He’s not an overly confident kid so maybe he doesn’t use his voice enough I’m not sure. Now I’m not here to say he’s going to be a star or anything but just trying to go into bat for him to some degree as to why he has been given the opportunity, and I think it’s his discipline to be able to stick to task and put team first mentality before his own stat sheet, having watched almost every Collingwood VFL game the last 2 years im not sure I can say the same for a few of your more talented youngsters. Personally I’m stoked for him and hope you guys can give him a Powerade shower on Sunday.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:16 pm

I’m not in the “we won’t win “ camp cos that’s to definate and final

Sure we have not a good track record with them but as the season has evolved anyone can win on any day

And we just ain’t “anyone “

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:20 pm

think positive wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
WE wont win this, NO way known, no wonder many Pies fans are betting on the GWS, who must be licking their lips after the week from hell we have had, the unending media pilie on that just got worse and worse, hysteria, mass innuendo that never ended. Even ch 7 following our guys into training, ramming mics under their noses for comments, hoping for some reaction, our guys must be shredded mentally after all this. I hope we win, but i cannot see it, we are totally distracted i reckon, its a perfect storm for a defeat.

thats the spirit!!

i prefer Jim beam!
cmon mate, cheer up, i reckon we will surprise you!

Fair enough Comarde, i bloody well hope so, but i have a bad feeling bout this match aside from the fact we havent beaten the buggers in 4 yrs, Did you see the awful looks on our guys faces, as they rocked up for training, with bloody Ch 7 pushing them, harassing them, with mikes under their noses, as they tried to get past the media scrum, hoping for some wayward comment by them? was disgusting fiasco. But, we live in hope, hope spings eternal, as my dear old Nanna used to say, she lived to 94 and never took a backward step, outlived 2 Hubbies. !

Yes, and theres always Jimmy Beam, to console oneself, which ever way it goes. Smile Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:23 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Quote:
Hey mate, I come here in peace, with an invested interest in Chugg (family member) to try and answer your question. In some ways you have probably answered it yourself. Isaac never expected to be drafted in the first place, he came from a long way back. Spent his whole junior career as mid and the early part of his senior career with Launceston on the wings, he was dropped and when he came back in was played as a defender on the most dangerous small forwards but made the spot his own with his speed and hardness at the contest. This was the role he played for you guys in the VFL last season with mixed results, his defensive game was sound but he struggled to have much of an impact offensively. This season was more of the same early days so he approached the coaching crew and talked about a role change. They agreed and gave him a chance as a mid/forward with a high focus on pressure and 2 way running. Now whilst the stats don’t jump out the page the coaching staff have been very happy with his ability to stick to his task, if you watch the vision of him you will see he does a huge amount of unrewarded running. He’s not an overly confident kid so maybe he doesn’t use his voice enough I’m not sure. Now I’m not here to say he’s going to be a star or anything but just trying to go into bat for him to some degree as to why he has been given the opportunity, and I think it’s his discipline to be able to stick to task and put team first mentality before his own stat sheet, having watched almost every Collingwood VFL game the last 2 years im not sure I can say the same for a few of your more talented youngsters. Personally I’m stoked for him and hope you guys can give him a Powerade shower on Sunday.

Terrific back story re Chuggy - thanks for posting.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:37 pm

That’s a good insight. As soon as I saw him selected, my first thoughts were they would play him as a small defender and free up one of our more regular defenders to play another role.

I didn’t see this coming but let’s be honest, the club haven’t done too much wrong in terms of selections this season.
You won’t see game awareness represented as a stat but having a full understanding of your role and then executing it perfectly is every bit as good as a 30 touch game in some instances.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:43 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Quote:

brilliant swoop, cheers

go chugg chugg!

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:12 pm

Good song

"Chug-a-lug ~ Roger Miller"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsNWlM3fWmI

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:16 pm

That was popular in the early 70,

To Chug-a-lug was to stand at the bar with ya mates knocking back pots

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:31 pm

It’s amazing the clout that comes with VFL mark of the year.
It won’t be beaten !
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:05 pm

Sure was a good mark by Chuggy

Equal good were his tackles—that stuck

Take_a_Screamer Leo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:08 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
It’s amazing the clout that comes with VFL mark of the year.
It won’t be beaten !

Gets a debutante game while the confidence is up!

Here is the mark:
https://twitter.com/CollingwoodVFL/status/1535844882606362624

❤️️

Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:17 pm

Players to wear the 34

Bernard Toovey
Mick McGuane

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:39 pm

I didn't see it coming either.

He has been noticeable in the ressies, really does follow his opponent, and follows the play… But without threatening the opposition with his run and play making.

Delisted and Rookied, I guess we know what how the industry rates him.

And he got lucky with DeGoey opening up a spot, and it happens Toby Green is a threat.

Talk about A ROCKY moment.

This game raises up a notch for me.. It will be interesting to see how Green is handled.

Does Maynard raise his hand and insist on taking the responsibility ? This is a given for me.

Rotations aside, Is Chugg the one ? Or the sacrificial lamb ? Releasing IQ and Maynard to play attacking.

Football never fails to amaze. We have a kid on the cusp of delisting, playing his first and only chance, for his career against the best.

Go Chuggy
Take_a_Screamer Leo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:50 pm

I think the delisting was just a managerial manipulation.
❤️️
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:31 am

Giants have good ins. No DE Goey, although according to the brains trust here that won't matter. Let's hope they r right.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13   

Jump to: