Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 133, 134, 135  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 2:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

mattdally wrote:
Tom Mitchell - has fallen out with Sam Mitchell and dropped this week. Gettable - play him in the guts and let him do what he does best.

Would be interesting after his father Barry played 13 games for Collingwood in 1993. Then he walked to Carlton where he played 38 games before retirement.

I wonder if Tom would still leave the Swans if he had that time again? Or if he'd still go to Hawthorn.

He turns 29 in a couple of weeks. McRae spent a year at the Hawks in 2021, so there could be a connection there.

SwansWay wrote:
Don't really think he'll help us out that much. I'm concerned he's an accumulator but doesn't hurt opposition teams. Only if he's very cheap.

How's Bobby Hill going this year? I haven't seen many GWS games but he seems to have had a quiet season stats wise.

If the Hawks want him off their books, he'll come cheap. Carlton and Essendon will come calling if he's available for affordable draft picks. I dont think he'll carry someone to their next flag, but you'd have to think about it. However, KPPs need to be the first priority.

Hill in interesting. He wants out. He'll get his wishes this year. I think he's worth talking too, but there'll be other teams, namely Essendon, who will put in offers.

At 22 he fits the age bracket. And although not getting a lot of the pill, he is a very good goal sneak/crumber. We need indigenous talent and with Elliott getting a bit older, I think fits in with Ginnivan and Henry as support cast to the tall forward we also need to recruit. His addition also gives us more coverage to keep De Goey in the middle.

#swoopsquad2023

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/B/Bobby_Hill.html

The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 6:24 pm

I reckon Mitchell could head to the Lions, Saints or North where teams regularly play on smaller grounds. He’d be a junior recruit at the cattery also.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 6:25 pm

I like it Presti - wouldn't be against recruiting either of the two names mentioned. I think Mitchell has a lot to offer in and under to support Adams and co in the midfield - we need an extractor.
As for Hill he hasn't set the world on fire this season, but he has pace and can kick goals when presented with the right opportunities.
Not sure there are any key forwards available so looks likely we will need to draft someone and bide our time.
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 6:29 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Quote:
GIANT STILL WANTS OUT AS LIST OF SUITORS GROWS

GWS forward Bobby Hill is expected to request a trade away from the club again at season’s end, according to SEN’s Sam Edmund.

Despite having one season remaining on his contract, Hill asked the Giants for a trade during last year’s exchange period where Collingwood and Essendon were in the mix for his services.

But GWS blocked his bid to join one of the Victorian clubs as Hill remained a Giant.

Speaking on SEN radio on Tuesday, Edmond said Hill still wants out of Western Sydney and that several more clubs are expected to pursue the 22-year old.

“Bobby Hill is still as keen as he was last year to be traded out of GWS,” Edmund told SEN Breakfast.

“He still very much wants to be playing elsewhere. The only difference is the list of potential suitors has grown significantly.

“Essendon and Collingwood last year and now the lights are on everywhere. A number of other clubs have thrown their hand up.

“This could be the first trade done when the window opens later this year unless there’s an enormous backflip from the player, but at this stage, that’s certainly not the case.

“There could be a new coach (at GWS), but I don’t think it’s that simplistic for Bobby Hill.”

Hill has booted seven goals from eight games this season.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-news-rumours-whispers-2022-jasonhorne-francis-puts-off-contract-talks-suitors-for-bobby-hill-victorian-clubs-anthony-mcdonaldtipungwutis-future/news-story/b74d15a020ee6b53509f0705a742993e

Is Hill worth another crack? Sounds like he's keen to leave again and that GWS may grant his wishes this time.

Yes defo but reckon Weagels and Freo would be favourites. Particularly if Lobbe wants to move back to GWS

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 6:43 pm

Mitchell has got to be the only player in the history of the VFL/AFL that the opposition consistently willed to have 50 disposals, so they could feed off his 45 turnovers. He cost the Swans the 2016 Grand Final by being an uncompetitive joke on the big stage. I do not care where he goes, how many games he plays or how many more best and fairests he wins, provided he isn't at Collingwood.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 12:22 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Mitchell has got to be the only player in the history of the VFL/AFL that the opposition consistently willed to have 50 disposals, so they could feed off his 45 turnovers. I do not care where he goes, how many games he plays or how many more best and fairests he wins, provided he isn't at Collingwood.

He's FAR from the worst Brownlow Medallist we've seen come to the club...

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 12:23 am

True - but you only get one Woewoeful.
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 6:56 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Hardly...

...I mean Hardie.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 8:52 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Hardly...

...I mean Hardie.

Does Teasdale say Hi too?

derkd 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 9:13 pm

So Sly and Spook on the Collingwood Rant mentioned:

- Bobby Hill

And

- Darcy Fogarty at the Crows.

I have not read anything about anyone being linked to Fogarty. He is a freakish talent that is in and out of the team at the Crows, and maybe needs fresh start. He is a good age (22) ok height 194cm and was a great shot at goal.

He also wouldn't cost much in either salary cap or draft picks you would imagine a pick in the 30s would get it done.

Anyone read or heard anything on this?

piffdog 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 9:14 pm

Pass on Mitchell. We won’t be contending before his career is done…

Instructive what we’ve done since Wright came - particularly the last 12 months. Had to take Daicos. Johnson, Begg, Kreuger. Trying to find some bigger players with the modest draft/trade capital we have had. We already have an army of potential midfielders.

derkd 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 9:23 pm

piffdog wrote:
Pass on Mitchell. We won’t be contending before his career is done…

Instructive what we’ve done since Wright came - particularly the last 12 months. Had to take Daicos. Johnson, Begg, Kreuger. Trying to find some bigger players with the modest draft/trade capital we have had. We already have an army of potential midfielders.

I think the wise heads at the club at the moment also know Collingwood needs to play the slightly longer game. Less players over the 26+ year age bracket.

Kids at the draft first and foremost. When the right free agent in the right age comes up, then you pounce. Dont do a St.Kilda and North Melbourne....."wow a big name player is available on the market...throw everything we have at them".

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 10:14 pm

Crows wont want to lose Fogarty. But there are rumors that Poulter wants to return to SA, so there could be a link there.
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 10:15 pm

From the AFL website:

Quote:
2022 KEY PRE-AGENTS
Adelaide: Luke Brown, Tom Doedee, Rory Sloane
Brisbane: Eric Hipwood, Rhys Mathieson, Daniel Rich
Carlton: Charlie Curnow, Harry McKay, Jack Silvagni, Lachie Plowman
Collingwood: Jack Crisp, Scott Pendlebury
Essendon: Darcy Parish, Mason Redman, Will Snelling
Fremantle: Nat Fyfe, Darcy Tucker, Michael Walters
Geelong: Mark Blicavs, Sam Menegola
Gold Coast: Sam Day, Brayden Fiorini, Alex Sexton
GWS: Harry Himmelberg, Jacob Hopper
Hawthorn: Luke Breust
Melbourne: James Jordon, Alex Neal-Bullen, Clayton Oliver, Sam Weideman
North Melbourne: Ben McKay
Port Adelaide: Riley Bonner, Charlie Dixon
Richmond: Jason Castagna, Kamdyn McIntosh
St Kilda: Jade Gresham, Daniel McKenzie
Sydney: Callum Mills, Tom Papley
West Coast: Jamie Cripps, Jeremy McGovern
Western Bulldogs: Bailey Williams

Their players of note who will be free agents at the end of 2023. Anyone there take your fancy? Jacob Hopper would be nice.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 10:21 pm

Also, the updated list of free agents for this year:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/05/11/afl-releases-updated-list-of-free-agents-for-2022/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 133, 134, 135  Next
Page 3 of 135   

Jump to: