Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A Federal anti-corruption commission?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07-28/victorian-ombudsman-report-into-labor-red-shirts-rorts/101275052

Quote:
... Deborah Glass has criticised Victoria Police's handling of its 2018 investigation and said it should apologise to the 17 former Labor staff it arrested in dramatic pre-dawn raids.

Correct weight. The Ombudswoman also found that there was no evidence that the twice elected Premier of Victoria the Right Honourable Daniel Andrews designed, facilitated nor propagated the red shirts affair. Deborah Glass says it’s a waste of public resources.

Does this mean that the so called opposition ought to foot the bill for this frivolous “fishing expedition” ?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:33 am

^ Well, they're big on "user pays", so maybe it's an option. Wink
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:17 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07-28/victorian-ombudsman-report-into-labor-red-shirts-rorts/101275052

Quote:
... Deborah Glass has criticised Victoria Police's handling of its 2018 investigation and said it should apologise to the 17 former Labor staff it arrested in dramatic pre-dawn raids.

Correct weight. The Ombudswoman also found that there was no evidence that the twice elected Premier of Victoria the Right Honourable Daniel Andrews designed, facilitated nor propagated the red shirts affair. Deborah Glass says it’s a waste of public resources.

She also said that Chairman Dan, " openly confirms he was aware of the scheme" which, while not criminal, boiled down to "extensive misconduct" and widespread misuse of public funds by the Labor Party."

Of course it would be a (further)waste of public funds investigating further. Everyone knows the Chairman has his fingerprints all over it, the evidence is that no one was sacked over it.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:05 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Quote:

She also said that Chairman Dan, " openly confirms he was aware of the scheme" which, while not criminal, boiled down to "extensive misconduct" and widespread misuse of public funds by the Labor Party."

Of course it would be a (further)waste of public funds investigating further. Everyone knows the Chairman has his fingerprints all over it, the evidence is that no one was sacked over it.

No that is plain wrong. The twice elected Premier of Victoria the right honourable Daniel Andrews didn’t design, facilitate or propogate the so called red shirts affair. That we know they are the facts. It is also the opposite of “having his fingerprints all over it”. However you are entitled to having your opinion even if they are wrong or no matter how much you’d prefer them to be true (in this instance).

Adem Somurek was sacked 😉 (about time too) No criminal wrongdoing occurred and the behaviour is not to be repeated. An election occurred post that and the people voted

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:17 pm

watt price tully wrote:
The twice elected Premier of Victoria the right honourable Daniel Andrews didn’t design, facilitate or propogate the so called red shirts affair. That we know they are the facts.

Sorry old mate, but wrong. You are consistent.

saying that she can't find evidence to prove something that everyone knows happened, doesn't mean it didn't happen, just that the inquiry was flawed.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:45 pm

Everyone knows is not evidence your worship. There’s a lot I’d like to pin on people with hearsay but can’t do it; reason, no evidence. When you find the evidence let me know & I’ll be the first to say he should stand down. Wishing something does not make it true.

So the facts are no fingerprints. The other facts include no criminal wrongdoing.

Next. 😉

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:55 pm

LOL, your biases on the "evidence " are beautiful.

We all know what Chairman Dan is and how he operates. You would be calling for a public hanging if he was a LibNat.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:26 pm

Fact is Dan has admitted he knew about it, knew what was happening and knew it wasn't legal yet as the leader of the party did zilch...

What great leadership!

At least now you know you can rob a bank and if you get caught just offer to pay the money back and no criminal conviction, if it's fair for the government then it's fair for everyone.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:16 am

stui magpie wrote:

We all know what Chairman Dan is and how he operates. You would be calling for a public hanging if he was a LibNat.

The old “we all know” defence 😜😉 I’m sticking to the facts.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:12 pm

Good for you Razz

The facts are that, at minimum, he knew all about it and did nothing to stop it. Doesn't say a lot about his leadership or ethics

But hey, to paraphrase a Trumpism, he could walk out on Spring St and shoot someone dead and you'd support him, probably using the argument they were likely a Lib voter. Wink

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:20 pm

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

The old “we all know” defence 😜😉 I’m sticking to the facts.

Don't do that, wpt - where there's the Herald-Sun, there's fire.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:40 pm

And where there's The Guardian, there's the Epsilon minuses who think they're Alphas.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:38 pm

So you did read a novel in Form 5, then? Or just the publisher's blurb?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:51 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Good for you Razz

The facts are that, at minimum, he knew all about it and did nothing to stop it. Doesn't say a lot about his leadership or ethics

But hey, to paraphrase a Trumpism, he could walk out on Spring St and shoot someone dead and you'd support him, probably using the argument they were likely a Lib voter. Wink

Nah mate, if he was responsible for it then he should go but the facts are he wasn’t: plain and simple. End of story.

If the twice elected Premier of Victoria the right honourable Daniel Andrews went out onto Spring Street and shot Donald Trump I would still vote for him 😜

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:34 pm

Shit, if he actually did that, I might even vote for him. Razz

Might. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: