Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Game On! Pies v. Saints. Score updates, all comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#26 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^

Watch the match thread. The knives will be out before the end of the game. Rolling Eyes
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:45 pm

You are right! The probable combination of raw emotion, alcohol and whatever else makes for fabulous entertainment😝 I actually don’t mind if for a great laugh but rarely join in, preferring my prime seat and the popcorn 🍿😜
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:08 pm

Lazza wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
How else can they get experience if they're not being selected in the senior team. It's a quandy McRae has to solve if he expects to have a long career as coach because Collingwood supporters have high expectations and if we lose tonight the knives will be out after only one game as coach.

I will put my neck out and say what I think perhaps to my detriment. Any Collingwood fans who seriously wants a coaching change after a possible loss tonight are bloody ignorant fools who give cause to the feral reputation some of us have from opposition supporters. Win, lose or draw, the club, players and coaching staff need time to rebuild the team accordingly to the recipe they have. We need to support them in their efforts instead of sniping at them from forums. It’s a monumental task they are undertaking. Genuine fans understand this process but everyone has a right to their opinions and so be it. Opinions will differ but the leaders at the club will all be on the same page. In the end this is what matters.

Correct weight Lazza, well said mate. Lose tonight the doom brigade may well rear their heads. its probably inevitalble . The Coach needs time, time and patience, hes brand new, our young team must adust to his game plan, his ideas, his tactics. This is a learning season, playing the youngsters, getting games into them, we are kind of like say, the Tigers in 2015, this is a rebuild and learning season, we will have some poor losses but some great wins. I think we may lose a tight on tonight, perhaps, but you never know, im very excited about the two young Daicos bros, that will be enthralling watching those two together. Lets hope we can get up and win, somehow. Surprised Very Happy

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:21 pm

I get some people wanted to see more kids in round 1 honestly it was never going to happen
Blooding 5 or 6 at once is a recipe for disaster it just wouldn’t work at they need support of some senior players for when things get tough
There’s also a small group of senior players who are on notice by the coach who have 6/8 weeks to show they deserve to hold there spot on there CURRENT form not on reputation of years gone by
If come round 7/8 the some senior players haven’t performed you’ll see the coach pull the trigger and go for youth at all costs
I have no expectations for tonight just want to see 22 guys have a red hot crack at it and show some new game plan is in place
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:23 pm

I'm usually pretty pessimistic on Round 1 Games. But I got a good feeling this year will start well with the list fit and a new coach.

We where competitive most of last year and it wasn't the shit show others have described it as. We where in most games and injuries aside think we will go alright this year.
think better 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:11 pm

I'm officially excited - can't wait to see what we dish up under Fly.

Not expecting a win necessarily just keen to see how we play and what intensity we bring to each contest

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:18 pm

I have no idea how our team will go tonight. We're playing a team that finished just out of the 8 last year and we finished second bottom. How relevant is that for tonight? Lots of people got excited about Richmond. Remember them? They won 3 flags in 4 years. Last year was an outlier, an aberration (hello Caro). This year, they said, they'd be back to their form of 2017-2020. It didn't look that way last night.

We all have varying levels of patience as is evidenced by these posts. I'd love us to have success, sooner rather than later. For this year, I want to see improvement so that when the season is over we can say, this team has shown that it has potential for long term success.
Return of the baldfacts 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:53 pm

Just happy that the footy is back and that we will have a more aggressive game plan.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:27 pm

I tipped Saints to win by 30 pts BUT there is a Possibility we could win
Pie-For-Life 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:38 pm

Excited for tonight, hope we have a good game whatever the outcome. Looking forward to seeing the young players through the year, but the turnover from old to new will take time as you can't thrown them all out there at once.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:55 pm

New era, new dawn. Really excited for the year ahead despite being in a developmental and rebuilding phase.

Round 1 games are always hard to predict, but we're a chance here. At our best, we're capable of winning this.

C'mon WOODSMEN! Very Happy

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:25 pm

Fly said it exactly as it is!!

“Are we the finished product—well no”

Only will I get frustrated and impatient is when mistakes are let to happen
continual week after week

But I’ll do my absolute best to not be vitoral

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:47 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Fly said it exactly as it is!!

“Are we the finished product—well no”

Only will I get frustrated and impatient is when mistakes are let to happen
continual week after week

But I’ll do my absolute best to not be vitoral

quoted to hold you to it!!

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:49 pm

😃
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:01 pm

How good are they ?

I had a look at last year's lineup against them and quite frankly, I wonder how we lost by only 10 points.

Easy win tonight... probably 10 goals up by half-time. Wink
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 2 of 22   

Jump to: