Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 5 - Last Blood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Both hubby and I currently have it. First time for both of us.

I have head cold symptoms (felt like shite this morning), hubby has a cough.

25 year old is OK at present, he will do a Rat before he goes to work tomorrow.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:27 pm

^

Hope you're both OK.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:25 pm

Avoided it myself, but I work from home and I'm cautious because I'm on immunosuppressants. But several clients lost elderly loved ones, especially in the first few phases of the Pandemic, and every firm I know is managing long Covid cases.

Those who work in HR at larger firms will know all about it because they have had to manage a lot of sick days, bereavement leave, long Covid and work policy and regulations pertaining thereto.

As we all know death rates are now low and the outbreak and severity controlled. But early on the health system was in chaos, data was unclear, and people were terrified. Don't underestimate the impact of deaths under low-information conditions during those earlier phases, and the long Covid arising from the same period. Vicious stuff that has scarred many, who now have to deal with flippant halfwits dismissing it retrospectively as barely a sniffle, as if their relatives dying or people labouring with long Covid are a conspiracy to be mocked by fruit loop Alex Jones.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:42 pm

We are both OK.
Feeling better today, occasional cough & a bit of a stuffy nose.

Worked from home today.

Have been told by the state manager (via my boss) that I cannot go into the office until next Thursday. If I do go in, I have wear a mask. This is even if I have no symptoms & a negative Rat.

It is not a high risk workplace and there is no written protocol, just that others that may be in the office don’t want to get COVID.

As far as I am aware, all my work colleagues go to supermarkets etc. and ceased wearing masks in accordance with govt. guidelines.

I will just WFH. I am covering another persons job while they are on leave and part of it needs to be done in the office. Other people will have to do those tasks now - which is ironic as I took on the job because they couldn’t cope with the extra work.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:56 pm

I see the two biggest blowhards in Kerry "I'll wipe my eye with my facemask" Chant and Brett "not on my watch" Sutton bleating about the next wave.

They say fame is a drug and these two are looking for their next fix.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:50 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:
Both hubby and I currently have it. First time for both of us.

I have head cold symptoms (felt like shite this morning), hubby has a cough.

25 year old is OK at present, he will do a Rat before he goes to work tomorrow.

So sorry to hear. How are you feeling now?

The ED’s are filling up, masks are mandatory again at work whether there is client contact or not. One colleague tested +ve 2/7 ago meaning those who had more than 4 hours exposure have to wear the N95 masks. Being fitted properly for the N95 mask takes about 45 minutes. It some process.

If people haven’t had their 3rd or 4th vaccination get ‘em done.
This is spreading very fast currently as people have become (understandably) complacent.
If ur using Public Transport make sure you mask up.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:04 pm

hope the Beanie family are now on the mend xxx
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:16 pm

It’s spreading folks. We have more than 50% of staff testing positive where I work (10) in a non contact area. There’s a 57% increase in staff being furloughed and a 27% increase in hospitalisations. Thank goodness from a low base.

I haven’t had to work OT for ages but now doing so because we are so short staffed.

Please folks wear masks especially the N95 and get vaccinated.

The chief medical officers of NSW and Vic are 100% correct despite the ignorant bleatings of the uninformed.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:24 pm

So how long after the election will Dan wait before invoking the Pandemic orders again?
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:59 pm

I wouldn’t be making any plans for the 27th November or beyond 😉
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:11 pm

Brad Hazzard wont look to introduce the mask mandate. I suppose he recognises the uselessness of people wearing cloth masks under their nose.

And....the booster unlikely to be approved for under 30s as the risk of myocarditis exceeds the benefit of getting a vaccine that produces antibodies that don't work against the current variants.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:55 pm

He can't reintroduce any restriction unless they first declare a pandemic under the new legislation. Until then, all they can do is recommend.

I personally expect the Pandemic Act to be invoked within 7 days of a Labor win.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:51 pm

Here's a useful alert: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/nov/28/covid-blood-thinner-drug-treatment-dangerous-and-does-not-work-study

I don't know if we have been using Apixaban for this purpose in Australia but it's a very dangerous drug with heaps of potentially serious side effects and "mild" ones that are probably worse than getting a "mild" dose of COVID. It's a blood thinner that is valuable for particular purposes because it is an alternatrive to warfarin (which is both dangerous and difficult to monitor) but it beggars belief that people have been receiving it on a widespread basis as a post COVID treatment without unequivocal proof of its utility.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:07 pm

https://www.news.com.au/technology/science/human-body/ask-ahpra-dr-kerryn-phelps-doesnt-know-why-regulator-silenced-doctors-on-vaccine-injuries/news-story/a731a655120649f913c8170bfbf1bb96

Quote:

Dr Kerryn Phelps has called for greater funding for research into Covid vaccine injuries, warning doctors have until now been scared to “speak out” about the issue.

The former MP and Australian Medical Association (AMA) president revealed in a bombshell submission to parliament’s Long Covid inquiry this week that she and her wife Jackie Stricker-Phelps had both suffered serious reactions to the Pfizer shot.

Don't underestimate the power of Big Pharma to influence the entire medical profession.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:15 pm

^ How likely is it that they both suffered serious reactions?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 43 of 62   

Jump to: