Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 5 - Last Blood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

putin and trump need a couple of bits of lead, only then will it be over.

couldnt agree more re covid, australia handled it very well, always better to be over zealous than bury people.
as for coordinating with china, i really really hope though, we dont drop the upper hand, china needs to be brought in to line, rehuman and animal rights, they have so much blood on their hands.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:38 pm

With Prices of everything going up since the Covid Lockdowns have Ended we might have a new pandamic and that be a Homless Pandamic one as espically people who Rent or have a Mortgage do not have enough money to pay for it.

Also be no such thing as Retirement as Pensions give nothing close to enough money to live on now

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:12 pm

I haven't looked at this report, but it'd be interesting to get people's views (apart from how it confirms their existing opinions one way or another, of course!)

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/oct/20/australia-covid-lockdown-rules-restrictions-lacked-fairness-compassion-school-closures-unnecessary-report

Quote:
The report says politically driven health orders and excessive lockdowns failed to protect the old, ignored the young and abandoned disadvantaged communities.

“It’s imperative that we heed these lessons and take action to ensure we’re better prepared for whatever the next health crisis is – because we know there will be another one,” Shergold said.

While school closures were probably the right decision when the virus was little understood, “it was wrong to close entire school systems, particularly once new information indicated that schools were not high-transmission environments”, the report says.

“For children and parents (particularly women), we failed to get the balance right between protecting health and imposing long-term costs on education, mental health, the economy and workforce outcomes.”

Covid-19 rules were often enforced in ways that lacked fairness and compassion.

“Business people were often allowed to travel across borders whilst those wanting to visit dying loved ones or newborn family members were not afforded a similar opportunity,” the report says.

Shergold called on Australian governments to consider the report’s recommendations, which include putting the most vulnerable at the centre of future health crisis planning.

It also recommends the establishment of an Australian centre for disease control, more transparency around decision making and better collaboration across state lines.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:44 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
With Prices of everything going up since the Covid Lockdowns have Ended we might have a new pandamic and that be a Homless Pandamic one as espically people who Rent or have a Mortgage do not have enough money to pay for it.

Also be no such thing as Retirement as Pensions give nothing close to enough money to live on now

We should be pretty close to age pensions being rare. Most people approaching retirement age should have healthy super/savings to survive on by retirement time.

That was another ridiculous thing during the flu lockdowns, allowing people to draw down their super funds. I know folk who didn't actually need to do it but did, because they could.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:45 pm

I've read about it elsewhere, a key finding for me is what we already knew, many of the decisions made were politically motivated, not science based.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:48 pm

Covid rules were a ridiculous farce.
Look back at some of the things that were happening to people at the hands of lunatic governments. Some of what went on was police brutality, it was as if the SS were patrolling the streets. Disgraceful.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:25 pm

The cops hated being made to enforce the ridiculous ones, it wasn't their fault.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:16 pm

Skids wrote:
Covid rules were a ridiculous farce.
Look back at some of the things that were happening to people at the hands of lunatic governments. Some of what went on was police brutality, it was as if the SS were patrolling the streets. Disgraceful.

Good Chance saved the Death Toll for being a lot worse

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:37 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I've read about it elsewhere, a key finding for me is what we already knew, many of the decisions made were politically motivated, not science based.

Absolutely. And then we had medical "experts" who are just an extension of big pharma giving advice that was just lining the pockets of big pharma.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:38 pm

or just postponed it considering the huge numbers who've died since we reopened.

I just saw Andrews on the news, he hasn't read the report and basically dismisses it as something done by academics. Fkn arrogant cnut.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:27 pm

Japan is worse in Australia as they don't let people into the country
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:36 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Japan is worse in Australia as they don't let people into the country

Are you forgetting about the Olympics. I don't recall every event being won by Japanese athletes.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:01 am

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/oct/17/fauci-interview-long-covid-risk-emergency-response-coronavirus
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:47 pm

^ Well the Captain is supposed to go down with the ship.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:43 pm

Skids wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

We should be pretty close to age pensions being rare. Most people approaching retirement age should have healthy super/savings to survive on by retirement time.

That was another ridiculous thing during COVID, allowing people to draw down their super funds. I know folk who didn't actually need to do it but did, because they could.

I know more than a few who will need to rely on some kind of government assistance, some people have no idea about budgeting! And yes it was stupidto allow. People to access their super without proper investigation into the reason. Police state? Well it would be great not to have to!

The covid squad has officially been disbanded, the toll in the police ranks mayneverbefulkyknown. Damn them for wearing the stress to keep the rest of us alive. I really hope one day all the footage from that disgusting day at the shrine will be released.

Your right Dave, how many are still alive yo whinge that wouldn’t be. So easy to forget the daily reports of the. Death count.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 41 of 62   

Jump to: