Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 5 - Last Blood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Vaccines were indeed foisted on us, people lost their jobs if they didn't have the required level of doses, couldn't go out, etc.

I'm unconvinced that "Big Pharma" had a role to play in that, it was just a failure of public policy by the imbecile in charge.

The MRNA vaccines clearly work, just look at China. If ever anyone wanted evidence that they didn't create Covid in Lab, you just need to look at their utter failure to develop an effective vaccine.

Yeah some people get side effects, some die, that's what happens when you rush a process, but the vaccines have saved a lot more lives than they've adversely impacted, a serious lot.

Everyone is wired different. I get a Covid shot or a Flu shot, nothing. But I know of people who've had bad reactions to the flu shot. Doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:11 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Not foisted on us? Excuse me? We weren't allowed out of home detention until vaccination rates reached a threshold.

They were foisted on us by politicians influenced by the "medical profession" who are wrapped around the little finger of Big Pharma. The latter has been true for decades.

You know, if it wasn't too much trouble, you could my entire sentence - I said they weren't "foisted onto us, when they weren't actually necessary, by a greedy pharmaceutical industry ...."
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:27 pm

Jezza wrote:
I think a Royal Commission is needed into the pandemic response, both at a federal and state level.

I don't think it's acceptable that we just move on without learning the lessons of the past first.

As a matter of interest, what lessons do you think would be learned by letting a whole lot of lawyers loose in a room contriolled by another lawyer to determine complex questions of scientific fact? Our law fundamentally adopts an epistemology of science developed in the 18th and 19th centuries. Commissions royal are for kicking around scapegoats in political witch-trials, not for learning the lessons of scientific inquiry. You hold a royal commission to lay blame, not to find out anything useful.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:28 am

stui magpie wrote:
Vaccines were indeed foisted on us, people lost their jobs if they didn't have the required level of doses, couldn't go out, etc.

I'm unconvinced that "Big Pharma" had a role to play in that, it was just a failure of public policy by the imbecile in charge.

The MRNA vaccines clearly work, just look at China. If ever anyone wanted evidence that they didn't create Covid in Lab, you just need to look at their utter failure to develop an effective vaccine.

Yeah some people get side effects, some die, that's what happens when you rush a process, but the vaccines have saved a lot more lives than they've adversely impacted, a serious lot.

Everyone is wired different. I get a Covid shot or a Flu shot, nothing. But I know of people who've had bad reactions to the flu shot. Doesn't mean it doesn't work.

I’m with you here totally, 4 shots no effects to note, and still covid free! I know a few people who have taken a long time to get over covid, and not one who had a severe reaction from any ofthe vaccines.

My sister drives me nuts in general, but I take my hat off to her for her work as assistant to the commander ofthe covid response team, huge workload, so much abuse, staying up all night planning the response to the shrine, and various other gatherings,

That’s the thing though, we will never know what would have been the correct response, unless we want a do over, I. Know I don’t. Just think of the Petri dish experiment that nursing home was, imagine that in the general population. We survived lockdowns, it was indeed rucking hard, but I’m alive, I’m healthy, damn health for a 59 year old

Blame? **** you China and your manufactured disease, your lack of human decency, human rights, I feel mighty sorry for the Chinese citizens caught in the middle of the massive clustercluck experiment that caused a wave of destruction worldwide. Deaths? They will find massive mass graves one day, three thousand my arse! More like millions.

Move on, learn to be grateful, improve hygiene, I know more than a few that could help! And have some compassion for those with long covid, or the ones that were severely affected by the vaccine,

Blame is bullshit really, you can’t go back, just learn from it

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:37 am

Ironically reinforcing the view that there's an unwillingness to talk about vaccine injuries is the curious fact that Phelps' submission hasn't been reported in some mainstream news outlets at all. In The Guardian, the best they could manage was a single sentence in a morning news round-up (they couldn't even be bothered to go to the primary source, instead summarising another newspaper's coverage of a publicly accessible document – see https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/dec/21/morning-mail-conspiracists-build-wieambilla-alternate-reality-victory-fans-banned-azealia-banks-disgrace); and as far as I can tell it's been the subject of a segment on ABC radio (https://www.abc.net.au/sydney/programs/breakfast/vaccine-side-effects/101796390) but otherwise hasn't been reported as a news story on the ABC website at all.

People can debate what is and isn't newsworthy, but, to me, the former head of the AMA telling a parliamentary inquiry that "regulators of the medical profession have censored public discussion about adverse events following immunisation" and that she herself has faced "obstruction" in discussing her experience is a slightly bigger story than – to pick a couple of random examples on the front pages of the sites mentioned above – 1) flying foxes annoying residents of a New South Wales town or 2) that one in three women will avoid going to the beach in a swimsuit this summer. I can only assume that editors of these and other publications are aware of the story and have deliberately chosen to ignore or bury it, and that they may have done so because they don't want to bolster the "wrong" narrative. If so, that is itself a form of self-censorship, and repeating the exact problem that Phelps is trying to raise in her submission.

I'm not saying for a moment that Phelps' claims need to be accepted uncritically by journalists or reported without context: we should hear both sides of the story, including a response by AHPRA. But these publications do themselves and their readers a major disservice when they ignore news like this altogether and instead leave it to the Murdoch press and blogosphere to cover. It's actually crucially important that establishment and/or progressive media outlets break through the echo-chamber effect; otherwise, they only give credence to the view that they and the institutions they represent have something to hide, and that inconvenient truths can only be found on the other side.

So I think the ABC and The Guardian have stuffed up here, and sadly far from the first time; there's a big "telling you what you want to hear and nothing you don't" vibe about publications like the latter, in particular. We deserve a media publication of record that covers stories of public interest truthfully, reliably and without ideological agendas. With the former Fairfax papers going down the toilet and the Murdoch press a longstanding ideological cesspit, these publications need to seriously lift their game.

roar 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:55 am

^^ This is the big problem with media these days. They now cater their news to their viewers/listeners/readers without any concern for balance, or even accuracy. There is no single source that you can rely on to provide the news, without massive editorial spin in both what is and what is not covered.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:04 pm

https://www.theage.com.au/national/we-keep-looking-for-them-the-expert-hunt-for-vaccine-side-effects-20221221-p5c7z4.html

Interesting article about the amount of follow up analysis being done on vaccination side effects that references Phelps.

reported in mainstream media, who'd a thunk it.

Quote:
Vaccine safety experts say they will spend years studying the thousands of reported side effects and hospitalisations after Dr Kerryn Phelps called for more research to be done into the impact of the new vaccines.

Quote:
To date, 137,210 adverse events have been reported to the Therapeutic Goods Administration from the more than 64.4 million COVID vaccine doses that have been administered across Australia so far.

The “overwhelming majority” of those had been mild and did not require medical attention, including a fever, headache and a sore arm, a TGA spokesperson said, and stressed that not all would have been caused by the vaccine.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:10 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Jezza wrote:
I think a Royal Commission is needed into the pandemic response, both at a federal and state level.

I don't think it's acceptable that we just move on without learning the lessons of the past first.

As a matter of interest, what lessons do you think would be learned by letting a whole lot of lawyers loose in a room contriolled by another lawyer to determine complex questions of scientific fact? Our law fundamentally adopts an epistemology of science developed in the 18th and 19th centuries. Commissions royal are for kicking around scapegoats in political witch-trials, not for learning the lessons of scientific inquiry. You hold a royal commission to lay blame, not to find out anything useful.

At a state level, it would be good to know who was ultimately responsible for the hotel quarantine debacle that led to 801 deaths. The Coate inquiry was wholly inadequate in determining this answer.

Broadly speaking, we should analyse and assess what we did well and poorly in during our response, and how a future pandemic can be better managed so we don't make the same mistakes again. It's inevitable we'll have another pandemic at some point in the future, so finding ways to improve our response should be a no brainer.

We had a RC after Black Saturday which led to the deaths of 173 people and the displacement of many people in country areas. I can't see why we shouldn't be doing something similar here when this pandemic has literally affected every Australian in some shape or form.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:19 am

^ I certainly support conducting appropriatrely-constituted reviews/inquiries. My concern is simply that commissions royal have no capacity to get to any useful "learning" outcome. They tend to be adept at allocating political blame but not good at identifying the "truth". You can have Dan's head on as pike, if you want, over hotel quarantine (though probably not too much before 2030, at the earliest) - I just think time spent on a sideshow of that kind could be more usefully spent working out how to run things like that better next time.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:18 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ I certainly support conducting appropriatrely-constituted reviews/inquiries. My concern is simply that commissions royal have no capacity to get to any useful "learning" outcome. They tend to be adept at allocating political blame but not good at identifying the "truth". You can have Dan's head on as pike, if you want, over hotel quarantine (though probably not too much before 2030, at the earliest) - I just think time spent on a sideshow of that kind could be more usefully spent working out how to run things like that better next time.

Yes I agree with Jezza. I think Sky News after Dark could be considered independent enough to run a balanced enquiry, if not the Australian. Dyson Heydon has run an independent inquiry before or why not Andrew Boltaction or the alleged dogphucker Chris Kenny?

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:33 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

So you want another sham inquiry where no one is found at fault? We’ve already had one and the ‘lessons’ they learnt were a bigger sham than the inquiry itself when HQ 2.0 was a huge failure and the Minister for Incompetence ran away to QLD.
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:27 pm

....So anyhow, the missus and I get back to our 'sea change' home after spending 6 days in the Big Smoke for Christmas. Missus tests positive, I do the following day.

I had only one really bad day, headaches, dizziness, tiredness, phlegm even a touch of the deliriums whereby I remember rambling on about the pricks that brought the virus into the world.

We're both on the improve.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:41 am

Hope you and the missus recover quickly
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:27 am
Post subject: The 'ronaReply with quote

I too finally succumbed to the over-population virus, picking it up in Wagga Wagga during my annual Xmas pilgrimage to visit the family. (masked up through airport, sanitised etc)
Like Brucey G, I really only suffered through one bad day / evening without much sleep, can't say I recommend it though.
I put this down to taking myself to the Murrumbidgee River, aka 'the Lourdes of the Riverina', for an ablution. This ritual cleansed me of the peoples virus, and I a stand as proof of the miracle* healing powers of the mighty Murrumbidgee.

*Disc :
to date not officially sanctioned by the AMA...

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:25 pm

Good one Laurie, and Bruce, hope you're both back to 100% soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 45 of 62   

Jump to: