Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Djokovic visa saga

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

eddiesmith wrote:
pietillidie wrote:
^Can someone clarify what the role of the Victorian government was in all this? I thought they tried to enable him to play.

Exactly! They gave him an exemption from the same rules they are imposing on their own citizens.

1 rule for Victorians, another for sports stars.

The first state to go hard with vaccine mandates is the first to cave for money...

But now everyone is angry at the Feds for trying to stop him and everyone is now happy an anti vaxxer is allowed to play? The same people who tell everyone else to get jabbed...

holy shit i agree with your post!!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:21 am

https://www.eurosport.com/tennis/novak-djokovic-positive-emotions-can-purify-polluted-water_sto7744129/story.shtml

He’s seriously $%$ed in the head!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:27 am

I think it's probably, if anything, being overly generous to professional sportspeople to suggest that the spectrum of views they hold is bound to roughly align with that of the general population. There's plenty of superstition, prejudice and strange fixations out there in the world; I mean, look at the huge following Pete Evans amassed by spouting the same kind of nonsense. There's absolutely no reason why people who are particularly good at hitting balls should be immune from believing in such things.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:48 am

The saga continues, apparently...
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:53 am

My takeaway from this is that unvaxxed international visitors can simply claim they had a positive RAT test a few weeks ago and there are no consequences for not isolating.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:01 pm

Exactly
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:32 pm

The Andrews Government allowed tennis players to compete if they were unvaccinated but had a genuine medical exemption from the vaccine in accordance with ATAGI guidelines, exactly the same process as applied to the workers subject to Mandatory Vaccination orders.

The decision on whether that lets him into the country is a different matter and one for the Feds and apparently it doesn't.

His detention and visa cancellation was overturned because of shit process on the part of the people interviewing him at the time, not because he legally meets the entry requirements.

Now there's serious doubts about his actual positive diagnosis and the certificates, it looks dodgy, the Visa application has been ticked that he hadn't been in other countries in the 14 days prior to coming which Novaxx has admitted is wrong but apparently the fault of an "Admin" person on his team and he's also been attending public appearances in Serbia after he was (supposedly) diagnosed positive, in breach of Serbian law.

I won't lose any sleep if he gets to stay and compete but my personal view would be to put him on the first flight back to Serbia, preferably in a military aircraft or something with no facilities, WIFI or entertainment and 7/11 sandwiches past their best before date for catering on pure principle because he's a bonafide sh1t cvnt.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:23 pm

with the obvious lies he has told he should be kicked out. so many people were trying to get back here, its past time he learnt that he is not really anything special off of the tennis court.

its not that i dislike him, i drove back from the beach last year just to watch his semi, but this is just beyond, its just plain wrong. people are genuinely suffering, and he should not get a free pass

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:32 pm

If the 'there's no such thing as bad publicity' rule holds for tennis — and let's face it, for many tennis is like a trip to the dentist — someone in TA's PR team has played everyone like a fiddle, including Captain Hillsong.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:17 pm

What's most confusing to me is this:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/tennis/djokovic-plans-court-appeal-if-minister-decides-to-cancel-visa-20220113-p59o3n.html

Quote:
Mr Morrison said foreigners have to “show they are double vaccinated or must provide acceptable proof that they cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons ... that is the policy. That policy hasn’t changed,” he said.

Yet the whole premise under which Djokovic entered the country (and what is currently being contested) is that he supposedly already contracted COVID and thus doesn't need to be vaccinated. So what's the rule here, exactly? Is Morrison misrepresenting the current border policy or not? Because there's been no mention of Djokovic holding a medical exemption (i.e. having some kind of condition that prevents him from being vaccinated) at any stage.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:35 pm

No, the border policy clearly states contracting Covid is not a valid reason for an exemption under Australia's border policy, it's only a valid reason to get an exemption from Victoria's vaccine mandates.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:04 am

Just send the lying areshole home! Show some balls!
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:24 pm

I wonder how many committees and sub-committees have been established to make the decision of Djoker.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:55 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
No, the border policy clearly states contracting Covid is not a valid reason for an exemption under Australia's border policy, it's only a valid reason to get an exemption from Victoria's vaccine mandates.

Not quite. Having had Covid can be grounds for a temporary medical exemption from getting vaccinated for up to 6 months. Note, can be not automatically is.

Border policy is about who is allowed into the county, visitors are required to be fully vaxxed

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:35 pm

and hes not so see ya later!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: