Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#15 Nathan Kreuger

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

They say within 6 rounds others are saying from round 6 im not sure what it is
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:51 am

stui magpie wrote:
Don't rush him. he's now had both shoulders done, as soon as he's medically ready get him into the gym with a specific program to strengthen the muscles around those shoulders. he can still do running and all training but no body contact until he can shirtfront a speeding tram and walk away.

I concur entirely with this post.

Nathan Kreuger is one of ours; he has had two setbacks to date, but that is a long way from showing him the door on a permanent basis!

I have absolute faith in our injury-management/conditioning team to get him 'right' to go...

I am aware of the history we have (Lee Walker, Rusling, etcetera) with chronically injured players, but Kreuger is young.

Older Nicksters will recall that a guy called Judd had two serious shoulder issues before being drafted by West Coast all those years ago.

As 'Stui Magpie' has pointed out, whilst Kreuger cannot do contact work for some time whilst he rehabs, he can certainly get some serious miles into his legs and come back cherry ripe.

If someone said to you, "We have a guy who is 195cms and 93kg who will be back out on the park around Round 6", you would be rapt.

The Pies have Mihocek, Cox, McStay, McInnes, Kelly, Cameron, Ed Allen etcetera as tall or tallish forwards until Kreuger is available.

It is a long season, be patient with Nathan Kreuger my fellow Magpies; glory cannot be rushed.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:39 am

Lee Walker #2.. 16 games in 3 seasons, sounds about right.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:01 pm

warburton lad wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Don't rush him. he's now had both shoulders done, as soon as he's medically ready get him into the gym with a specific program to strengthen the muscles around those shoulders. he can still do running and all training but no body contact until he can shirtfront a speeding tram and walk away.

I concur entirely with this post…...

I concur with your concurrence, not only that I agree too.

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:41 pm

warburton lad wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

I concur entirely with this post.

Nathan Kreuger is one of ours; he has had two setbacks to date, but that is a long way from showing him the door on a permanent basis!

I have absolute faith in our injury-management/conditioning team to get him 'right' to go...

I am aware of the history we have (Lee Walker, Rusling, etcetera) with chronically injured players, but Kreuger is young.

Older Nicksters will recall that a guy called Judd had two serious shoulder issues before being drafted by West Coast all those years ago.

As 'Stui Magpie' has pointed out, whilst Kreuger cannot do contact work for some time whilst he rehabs, he can certainly get some serious miles into his legs and come back cherry ripe.

If someone said to you, "We have a guy who is 195cms and 93kg who will be back out on the park around Round 6", you would be rapt.

The Pies have Mihocek, Cox, McStay, McInnes, Kelly, Cameron, Ed Allen etcetera as tall or tallish forwards until Kreuger is available.

It is a long season, be patient with Nathan Kreuger my fellow Magpies; glory cannot be rushed.

Happy to be patient WL, but its 2 injuries last year...he had plenty at the cats, otherwise he would still be there.

A prodigious talent with great attack at the ball, I hope he comes good. We need to think left field in terms of his rehab. lots of Pilates and yoga to go with the usual strength training.

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
npalm 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:57 am

watt price tully wrote:

Great, just please don't be in agreeance. I hate that word.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:23 pm

Skids wrote:
Lee Walker #2.. 16 games in 3 seasons, sounds about right.

Yes - although when he's been on the park, he's shown less talent than Walker did.

He presently averages 5 and a bit disposals per game. He may come good - and it would be great if he did - but I expect the Club has a plan B. It really can't have expected that Kreuger, on exposed form, would be more than a possibility to hold down a place in the team, long term. Early on, Walker had 16 kicks, 6 marks, 3 handballs and kicked a goal in a game against the team that went on to win the flag in the same season. Kreuger hasn't shown glimpses of anything like that ability.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:04 pm

Plan A is McStay.

Plan B is Kreuger.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:10 pm

Plan C Frampton?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:23 pm

^

Frampton replaces Roughy and releases Moore to CHB.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:57 pm

^^^
RudeBoy wrote:
Plan A is McStay.
Plan B is Kreuger.

Have you guys forgotten about Ash Johnson?
We were all excited when he first came...

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:33 pm

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
^^^
RudeBoy wrote:
Plan A is McStay.
Plan B is Kreuger.

Have you guys forgotten about Ash Johnson?
We were all excited when he first came...

I see 'Magic' Johnson as a medium tall, because of the way he plays.

Our genuine KPF will surely be McStay. He's not super tall, but he's super strong, a bit like Checkers.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:32 pm

npalm wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Great, just please don't be in agreeance. I hate that word.

😂

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:22 pm

I am looking forward to :

McInnes is tall, fast and skillful. Already looking good as a forward at training... but he has 'IT'. Just a matter of finding a spot.

Harvey Harrisson excites me. Definitely deserved a run, but did his hammy at the wrong time. I think he can play, just wondering what his ceiling is.

Carmichael.. We saw him last year... but he could bloom like a Dane Swan.

Ed Allan, early days, but we caught an A grader... I hope.

Jakob Ryan... I just think there's a half back role for him for 200 games. He would be no different to Crisp at this early stage imo.

Bobby Hill... its all about ceiling.

Apologies to the other half a dozen top 22 who are going to take the next step. Naikos,Ginni, Murph,Johnson,Jaicos,Mccreery.

Something is brewing.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 1:26 pm
Post subject: Nathan Kreuger is a bust!Reply with quote

Just like Sean Rusling, Tom Davidson and Danny Roach (shudders), it seems Nathan Kreuger is heading down the same familiar road. A bit like Will Kelly's pedigree, Nathan has yet to complete a full 4 quarter game in the Seniors or Reserves this year. Geelong fans shall share similar experiences and despite liking the cut of his jib, it seems his future is serious doubt despite having 2024 in his contract.

Thoughts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13   

Jump to: