Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Risk Reward Recruiting Required

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Macattacks wrote:

You miss the point completely, and 2023 is delusional at this stage, all the players you list will be vets by the time we are actually contending (it won't be 2023) and that hole if not filled will just leave kids

Again, happy for you to think it's delusional. As I've said elsewhere, I'll remain optimistic.
Macattacks Libra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:39 pm

jackcass wrote:

Again, happy for you to think it's delusional. As I've said elsewhere, I'll remain optimistic.

You're arguing with the numbers, not me, but good luck anyway, as you know the footy gods love throwing luck our way Laughing

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:01 pm

Macattacks wrote:
jackcass wrote:

You're arguing with the numbers, not me, but good luck anyway, as you know the footy gods love throwing luck our way Laughing

Despite you consistently telling me different, I'm not arguing anything. I've made the observation that our current 22-24 cohort is no worse than Melbourne's, and I've indicated that I'm optimistic we'll be competitive by 2023.
Macattacks Libra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:06 pm

jackcass wrote:

Despite you consistently telling me different, I'm not arguing anything. I've made the observation that our current 22-24 cohort is no worse than Melbourne's, and I've indicated that I'm optimistic we'll be competitive by 2023.

But that means nothing when they are in the gun winning a flag and barely have a player over 30 while we have half a dozen vets and a gaping hole where it counts, you may as well observe that they wear shorts and guernseys like us as well

If we were in our prime winning a flag I wouldn't be worried about a list gap either, but we are starting a rebuild and that list gap is what we are counting on to be our prime in a few years

And in the year you yourself targeted (2023) Callum Brown will be the only 25 year old on the list while Melbourne had 6 stars including Petracca at 25 years of age on the weekend

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:54 pm

Macattacks wrote:
jackcass wrote:

But that means nothing when they are in the gun winning a flag and barely have a player over 30 while we have half a dozen vets and a gaping hole where it counts, you may as well observe that they wear shorts and guernseys like us as well

If we were in our prime winning a flag I wouldn't be worried about a list gap either, but we are starting a rebuild and that list gap is what we are counting on to be our prime in a few years

And in the year you yourself targeted (2023) Callum Brown will be the only 25 year old on the list while Melbourne had 6 stars including Petracca at 25 years of age on the weekend

LOL. As I say, I'll remain optimistic, I'll leave it there.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:11 pm

Macattacks wrote:

Stop being ageist! Without wishing to get into the ring with you two bulls, I also happen to believe (and I have stated this on another thread) that we will have vastly improved by 2023. I have a lot of faith and belief in the appointments of the new coaches so far and feel certain that they will soon add one more. I too am optimistic and bullish about our prospective team in 2023 and placing ourselves well to make the finals in the following years, along with having a better run with injuries and also having better luck 🍀

Macattacks Libra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:27 pm

Lazza wrote:

Stop being ageist! Without wishing to get into the ring with you two bulls, I also happen to believe (and I have stated this on another thread) that we will have vastly improved by 2023. I have a lot of faith and belief in the appointments of the new coaches so far and feel certain that they will soon add one more. I too am optimistic and bullish about our prospective team in 2023 and placing ourselves well to make the finals in the following years, along with having a better run with injuries and also having better luck 🍀

I was actually being Brownist Wink

But I'm positive too as long as the hard work (and a lot of luck) of filling that gap gets done, we've already targeted 2 players in that range so I'm happy that they are aware of it and not just leaving it up to positive thinking Laughing

inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:08 pm

Macattacks wrote:
jackcass wrote:

... and once again, your earlier post highlighted our 22-24 aged cohort and identified it as an issue. In response, I highlighted Melbourne's which is worse and they've just won a flag. But apparently it's me who is mystifying.... go figure.

No you completely ignored all our players over 30 compared to their 1 and the fact they have 6 guns aged 25 winning a flag right now, laughable you would compare our list favourably Confused

And I note that all the comments before you came in here were complimentary of the content, thanks for dragging it down to your level

Some people have a PHD at "annoyance"

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:39 pm

For some reason, no real weighting on what changes can take effect over a couple of years.

Too much emphasis on recent TPP issues, and too much weight on Wrights 'still not right' comment.

TPP is King, it won't be long before we see top players wanting to run through our doors.

Things can change quickly in 2 years.. From Henry to Ginnivan to Johnson to Daicos, these guys will be in to 50+ games experience bracket.

So boys and girls, forget 2020 and the loss of Stevo and AT. Forget TPP. Its 2022 next year. You are talking with a foot in ancient history.

Contrary to all speeches... our club rebuilt in 2020, and things can change fast... if age bracket is OUR issue. Then, that can be fixed. No different to any other fine-tuning.

Melbourne has a lovely age bracket, maybe ideal. They certainly deserve to be flavour of the month. But that's not the only way to skin a cat.
Macattacks Libra

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:56 pm

jackcass wrote:

LOL. As I say, I'll remain optimistic, I'll leave it there.

It was just numbers, nothing to do with positivity or negativity, but we'll leave it there lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: