Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Risk Reward Recruiting Required

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully we load up on draft talent for 2022 and 2023 and free agents come our way to cover gaps therafter
Macattacks Libra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:15 pm

jackcass wrote:

It's not just my scenario, it's life. You can dwell on it or accept it and move on.

Sure thing Forrest, wonder what chocolate I'll get Laughing

And once again it's not anything you're talking about (whatever that is) it's just numbers, you can't fill that gap with kids from the Nat draft and expect our stars to be in their prime when the kids mature, it's a recipe for disaster! and our trade targets tell me we know that and we are all over it thankfully

MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:26 am

Macattacks wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
yeah but we are hardly challenging for a flag now. Dees had those older players, they were pushed out the last few years. Jones being one of them.

Mayne is gone and so will cox.

Ideally the kids we have brought in the last 2 years plus Daicos this year will push the older players out over this year and next - thats what happened in 2010.
Obree, Fraser, Medhurst, Lockyer were all in the team at the start of the year and didn't make the GF.

But when we push our vets out our stars will be moving out of their prime and the kids won't have matured yet, both our premierships had a similar age demographic to the Dees, you can't have a gaping hole in your list and you absolutely can't have it in the sweet spot separating Vets and Kids

Again you are assuming we will content next year. We wont. IF and When we do our "vets" will be Moore, Degoey, Maynard tyoes

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:40 am

I don’t know much about Stengle but if we get him will it be a case of:

Tyson Stengle(in)

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:28 am

Macattacks wrote:
And once again it's not anything you're talking about (whatever that is) it's just numbers, you can't fill that gap with kids from the Nat draft and expect our stars to be in their prime when the kids mature, it's a recipe for disaster! and our trade targets tell me we know that and we are all over it thankfully

... and once again, your earlier post highlighted our 22-24 aged cohort and identified it as an issue. In response, I highlighted Melbourne's which is worse and they've just won a flag. But apparently it's me who is mystifying.... go figure.

Last edited by jackcass on Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:28 am

jackcass wrote:
Macattacks wrote:

... and once again, your earlier post highlighted our 22-24 aged cohort and identified it as an issue. I highlighted Melbourne's which is worse and they've just won a flag. But apparently it's me who is mystifying.... go figure.

why do you have the happy knack of polarising EVERY person you correspond to on this site?

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:34 am

inxs88 wrote:
why do you have the happy knack of polarising EVERY person you correspond to on this site?

Thanks for keeping score.
Macattacks Libra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:53 am

MJ23 wrote:

Again you are assuming we will content next year. We wont. IF and When we do our "vets" will be Moore, Degoey, Maynard tyoes

If our vets are Moore De Goey and Maynard then we missed the window

Macattacks Libra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:55 am

jackcass wrote:

... and once again, your earlier post highlighted our 22-24 aged cohort and identified it as an issue. In response, I highlighted Melbourne's which is worse and they've just won a flag. But apparently it's me who is mystifying.... go figure.

No you completely ignored all our players over 30 compared to their 1 and the fact they have 6 guns aged 25 winning a flag right now, laughable you would compare our list favourably Confused

And I note that all the comments before you came in here were complimentary of the content, thanks for dragging it down to your level

Last edited by Macattacks on Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
5:11pm 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:56 am

Say we draft Daicos and pick up Lipinski and Kreuger this year.

If we trade out our top picks in the following 2 seasons- to hopefully challenge while our stars are still in the window- who should we identify as targets?
MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:58 am

^ Ben king. If he is still there and IF he hasnt already committed to another club
5:11pm 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:02 pm

MJ23 wrote:
^ Ben king. If he is still there and IF he hasnt already committed to another club

Would be a great acquisition.
Likely cost us everything we have left in draft picks over the next 2 seasons.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:27 pm

Macattacks wrote:
jackcass wrote:

No you completely ignored all our players over 30 compared to their 1 and the fact they have 6 guns aged 25 winning a flag right now, laughable you would compare our list favourably Confused

And I note that all the comments before you came in here were complimentary of the content, thanks for dragging it down to your level

I wasn't commenting on their players over 24. Happy for you to show me where I did,

If I was to comment I'd say that those that played in the GF (Gawn, May, McDonald, Brown, Viney, Salem, Harmes, Trac, Brayshaw, Neal-Bullen, Langdon and Lever) are a pretty good group. That's 11 best 22 players. They've also retained some good depth in that age group.

In 2023 when we're potentially making the 8 ours potentially could still include Mihocek, WHE, Adams, Crisp, Grundy, Cameron, Moore, JDG, Maynard and Noble. Not a bad group. I also wouldn't discount Pendles and/or Elliott. That's potentially 10+ best 22. Doesn't even factor in any players we add through trades and/or drafts this year or next who could bolster the group in terms of numbers or quality. With our 22 and under numbers being so large I'd expect that 22-24 group to grow quickly after 2023.
Macattacks Libra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:39 pm

jackcass wrote:

In 2023 when we're potentially making the 8 ours potentially could still include Mihocek, WHE, Adams, Crisp, Grundy, Cameron, Moore, JDG, Maynard and Noble. Not a bad group. I also wouldn't discount Pendles and/or Elliott. That's potentially 10+ best 22. Doesn't even factor in any players we add through trades and/or drafts this year or next who could bolster the group in terms of numbers or quality. With our 22 and under numbers being so large I'd expect that 22-24 group to grow quickly after 2023.

You miss the point completely, and 2023 is delusional at this stage, all the players you list will be vets by the time we are actually contending (it won't be 2023) and that hole if not filled will just leave kids

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:40 pm

While he probably won't be on the list, worth remembering that J.Thomas turns 30 in a couple of days so there's another "older" player most likely off the books.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: