Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rendell Tips Pies For “Quick Rebound"

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ23 wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Given the role Adams plays his stats are not unlike Chris Judds from a Kicking eff perspective. The gold is winning the contested footy.

Its why Im so happy with Macrae this year.

Add Josh and Nick Daicos plus Bianco with Pendles to the ball winners of Adams, Hopefully Reef and Lipinski and its a very good start.

Ideally we still need more stoppage players - that may come from Maynard, Wilson, Tyler Brown, Callum Brown or outside the club.

Chris Judd was a totally different player after he suffered groin injuries. He was one of the best kicks in the competition before his injuries and then after, he rarely kicked the ball. He mostly handballed.

Right. So did they play him in the forward line or keep him in the middle ?

I’m trying to think where Carlton played him at the end of his career. Think they still played him out of the middle. I just remember him handballing a lot, little bit like Treloar in 2019/20. Bit of a tragedy when you watch these players because you know they’re beautiful kicks. Treloar was one of the best kicks in the game. He could pinpoint a pass 30-40m to a teammate. All that disappeared after he did both hamstrings. When you think about it the club was right to clear him for salary cap relief. It was the timing that was all wrong. A year earlier would have been ideal.
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:08 pm

slangman wrote:

Cal Brown is a list clogger. If he wasn’t Gavin’s son he would have been gone by now.
Doesn’t posses great speed, strength or foot skills. He is a VFL player and has already been overtaken by most of last years cohort.

Once again, irrelevant to what was being discussed…

That’s like you overhearing someone asking their friend “what time is it?” and you chiming in and saying “I eat dinner at 7pm”.
There’s a time involved which is what you’ve then used to insert yourself into the conversation but it has zero relevance to what was being discussed.

The discussion you quoted and replied to was about a potential role Taylor Adams could play and how it’s in no way relevant to the role Cal Brown has been playing. At least read and try to understand the basics of what’s being discussed before chiming in with irrelevant unrelated dribble.

Alternatively, if you want to change the topic and talk about something else, go start a thread and talk about it.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:22 pm

MJ23 wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Given the role Adams plays his stats are not unlike Chris Judds from a Kicking eff perspective. The gold is winning the contested footy.

Its why Im so happy with Macrae this year.

Add Josh and Nick Daicos plus Bianco with Pendles to the ball winners of Adams, Hopefully Reef and Lipinski and its a very good start.

Ideally we still need more stoppage players - that may come from Maynard, Wilson, Tyler Brown, Callum Brown or outside the club.

Chris Judd was a totally different player after he suffered groin injuries. He was one of the best kicks in the competition before his injuries and then after, he rarely kicked the ball. He mostly handballed.

Right. So did they play him in the forward line or keep him in the middle ?

I’m trying to think where Carlton played him at the end of his career. Think they still played him out of the middle. I just remember him handballing a lot, little bit like Treloar in 2019/20. Bit of a tragedy when you watch these players because you know they’re beautiful kicks. Treloar was one of the best kicks in the game. He could pinpoint a pass 30-40m to a teammate. All that disappeared after he did both hamstrings. When you think about it the club was right to clear him for salary cap relief. It was the timing that was all wrong. A year earlier would have been ideal.

Yep - Judd played middle til he finished. he was their best stoppage player regardless of his kicking and Adams while isnt as bad as being made out is our best stoppage player.

Agree on Treloar - many here take exception to Grundy's contract yet he is doing his job and plays most games each year. Treloar had significant soft tissue injuries, through no fault of his own was our highest paid player and wanted to travel back and forth to the GC each week. Just too much risk there. And while he did some awesome things in the GF, he fumbled a lot, handballed to players in a worse position and was involved in 4 turn over goals in the first 3 qtrs.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:51 pm

gobbles21 wrote:
slangman wrote:

Cal Brown is a list clogger. If he wasn’t Gavin’s son he would have been gone by now.
Doesn’t posses great speed, strength or foot skills. He is a VFL player and has already been overtaken by most of last years cohort.

Once again, irrelevant to what was being discussed…

That’s like you overhearing someone asking their friend “what time is it?” and you chiming in and saying “I eat dinner at 7pm”.
There’s a time involved which is what you’ve then used to insert yourself into the conversation but it has zero relevance to what was being discussed.

The discussion you quoted and replied to was about a potential role Taylor Adams could play and how it’s in no way relevant to the role Cal Brown has been playing. At least read and try to understand the basics of what’s being discussed before chiming in with irrelevant unrelated dribble.

Alternatively, if you want to change the topic and talk about something else, go start a thread and talk about it.

Is that anything like having a consolidated trade and draft thread and then starting a new thread about trading Degoey for draft picks ?
Macattacks Libra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:34 pm

Finally he says something I like:

AFL Trade Radio
@traderadio
"I'm hearing Nick Daicos will be bid on with pick 3, which is worth 1700 points and the Pies have already got that."

- Matt Rendell

5:11pm 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:50 pm

Macattacks wrote:

AFL Trade Radio
@traderadio
"I'm hearing Nick Daicos will be bid on with pick 3, which is worth 1700 points and the Pies have already got that."

- Matt Rendell

So he’s predicting Horne and Darcy at 1 & 2?
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:56 pm

Macattacks wrote:

AFL Trade Radio
@traderadio

- Matt Rendell

Ok, let’s think about this. Let’s start by assuming there’s no change to the order of the top two picks as it stands. That scenario would need the following to occur -
Kangas call out J H F first ( was always going to be a 50 / 50 call because of marketing and bragging rights at securing the number #1 player )
Then G W S would need to call out Sam Darcy next and Dogs match the bid. GWS have said previously Darcy was always a chance because he suited their needs list, albeit he’s not a live pick.
GWS would then go again and call out Daicos and we would match it at pick three. GWS would then go a third time and likely call out Callaghan.

Personally, I don’t see it playing out that way but that’s only my opinion.
I can see Daicos “ dropping “ down to two but not convinced about getting through to #3. Here’s hoping though.
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:10 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Is that anything like having a consolidated trade and draft thread and then starting a new thread about trading Degoey for draft picks ?

The exact opposite actually. Starting a new thread is about keeping things on the one topic rather than 20 different conversations and topics going on in the one thread and making it impossible for people to keep up and stay on subject like above…

The exact reason I’m yet to even click on the consolidated thread because you’ve got to sift through heaps of different conversations all going on around each other.
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:52 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Macattacks wrote:

AFL Trade Radio
@traderadio

- Matt Rendell

Ok, let’s think about this. Let’s start by assuming there’s no change to the order of the top two picks as it stands. That scenario would need the following to occur -
Kangas call out J H F first ( was always going to be a 50 / 50 call because of marketing and bragging rights at securing the number #1 player )
Then G W S would need to call out Sam Darcy next and Dogs match the bid. GWS have said previously Darcy was always a chance because he suited their needs list, albeit he’s not a live pick.
GWS would then go again and call out Daicos and we would match it at pick three. GWS would then go a third time and likely call out Callaghan.

I can see Daicos “ dropping “ down to two but not convinced about getting through to #3. Here’s hoping though.

Kangas call out JH first
Next GWS call out Tall Sam Darcy and Dogs match the bid.

Now it's interesting :
If GWS then call out Daicos Collingwood will match the bid.

It's not impossible, they may save the farce and call out onballer Callaghan.

Daicos could fall to 4.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:08 am

Thinking generally, don't forget the X-factor for next year is a full pre-season for our young brigade under the new coaching staff. Not to mention renewed motivation for the experienced bods. Players will be allowed to blossom under McRae and the new admin. Recruiting will improve.

New ideas and surprises are bound to be revealed. Fresh tactics...a paradigm shift! That's the most exciting thing I think, rather than viewing individual players the way we have been. Brilliance will emerge for sure.

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
MJ23 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:16 am

Charlie Oneeye wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Macattacks wrote:

AFL Trade Radio
@traderadio

- Matt Rendell

Kangas call out JH first

Now it's interesting :

Daicos could fall to 4.

If Darcy suits GWS needs more - why wouldnt they next call out Mac Andrew, Amiss or Gibcus next ?

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:06 pm

Charlie Oneeye wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Macattacks wrote:

AFL Trade Radio
@traderadio

- Matt Rendell

Kangas call out JH first

Now it's interesting :

Daicos could fall to 4.

Then that’s like saying “ and why don’t G C S also save the farce and call out Hobbs or Ward next “ etc etc. At some point you call out the best U19 in the country and I guarantee it will be before pick four on the night.

If he falls to three on the night, it will be a huge win for us at the draft table.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:08 pm

Rendell is a complete tool.
Macattacks Libra

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:18 pm

The only way you could manufacture a 'quick rebound' is to sell every future pick we've got (throw your grandmother in too) for quality talent about to mature, aside from the list gap in that area you tend to get more bang for your buck at that age just before they breakout
Macattacks Libra

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:49 pm

Jesus, that's two things Rendell has said that I like... it's the apocalypse!

FORMER Adelaide and Richmond small forward Tyson Stengle deserves a third chance at an AFL club, according to former recruiter Matt Rendell.

Stengle has starred while playing in the SANFL since cutting ties with Adelaide at the start of this season after he was stood down from the club following a series of off-field indiscretions.

The 22-year-old has kicked 41 goals in 18 matches for Woodville-West Torrens and will play in the SANFL Grand Final against Glenelg on Sunday.

"He's been fantastic during the finals and he's had a really good year. He's a class act," Rendell said on AFL Trade Radio.

"I thought Carlton would take him in the mid-season [draft] because I assumed Eddie [Betts] was going to finish up this year. That didn't happen and he's finished off the year really well.

"I would be shocked if someone didn't take him in the draft. I know Collingwood were sniffing around, I think Josh Thomas is probably on the way out and he would be a really good replacement."

The lightning quick Stengle played two matches in two seasons at the Tigers then added 14 more after moving to the Crows at the end of 2018.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: