Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rendell Tips Pies For “Quick Rebound"

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the role Adams plays his stats are not unlike Chris Judds from a Kicking eff perspective. The gold is winning the contested footy.

Its why Im so happy with Macrae this year.

Add Josh and Nick Daicos plus Bianco with Pendles to the ball winners of Adams, Hopefully Reef and Lipinski and its a very good start.

Ideally we still need more stoppage players - that may come from Maynard, Wilson, Tyler Brown, Callum Brown or outside the club.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:26 pm

Charlie Oneeye wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE88g_wnIb0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIO05cpzTDw

It's not that he can't kick. His DE from memory is between 60-70%. That's down from most of the elite midfielders in the competition. He's had injuries that haven't helped his kicking. Same with Treloar whose kicking improved in the GF. You live with these things. Adams is still one of the best inside mids in the competition. His strengths mitigate his weaknesses.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:28 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Charlie Oneeye wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE88g_wnIb0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIO05cpzTDw

It's not that he can't kick. His DE from memory is between 60-70%. That's down from most of the elite midfielders in the competition. He's had injuries that haven't helped his kicking. Same with Treloar whose kicking improved in the GF. You live with these things. Adams is still one of the best inside mids in the competition. His strengths mitigate his weaknesses.

Yep, this.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:30 pm

MJ23 wrote:
Given the role Adams plays his stats are not unlike Chris Judds from a Kicking eff perspective. The gold is winning the contested footy.

Add Josh and Nick Daicos plus Bianco with Pendles to the ball winners of Adams, Hopefully Reef and Lipinski and its a very good start.

Ideally we still need more stoppage players - that may come from Maynard, Wilson, Tyler Brown, Callum Brown or outside the club.

Chris Judd was a totally different player after he suffered groin injuries. He was one of the best kicks in the competition before his injuries and then after, he rarely kicked the ball. He mostly handballed.
Big T 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:45 pm

K wrote:
Quote:

“If he played in the ruck permanently, I think he’d win the Brownlow Medal. I don’t think anyone can keep up with him, and he’d take marks and kick goals. But (they’ve) got Grundy there.”

Imagine what'd happen if they played Moore in the ruck and he got seriously injured. Shocked

Moore would get injured waiting for the ball up

gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:54 pm

neil wrote:
Have you seen the sack Brown threads where Brown is attacked for handballing more than kicking?

Not even remotely comparable in any way whatsoever… 🤦‍♂️

a) Brown isn’t an inside mid winning the footy at the bottom of packs.
b) The criticisms come from him being in open space and turning back to handball to someone in a worse position.

If you’re going to make those sorts of condescending replies, at least try to understand the basics of the game and what’s being discussed. Thanks.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:59 pm

gobbles21 wrote:
Brown isn’t an inside mid

I'm assuming your talking Cal and if so I actually think he is. Just doesn't get the opportunity there.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:05 pm

Big T wrote:
K wrote:
Quote:

“If he played in the ruck permanently, I think he’d win the Brownlow Medal. I don’t think anyone can keep up with him, and he’d take marks and kick goals. But (they’ve) got Grundy there.”

Imagine what'd happen if they played Moore in the ruck and he got seriously injured. Shocked

Moore would get injured waiting for the ball up

haha true

Leave him back.

gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:48 pm

jackcass wrote:
gobbles21 wrote:

I'm assuming your talking Cal and if so I actually think he is. Just doesn't get the opportunity there.

Again, that’s not where he’s been in playing which is quite clearly the point of the discussion 🤦‍♂️
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:21 pm

Charlie Oneeye wrote:
Taylor Adams is All Australian and Copeland trophy winner

How anyone can accomplish these feats while butchering the ball is beyond common sense.

His disposal isn't in the top 10%, but the threads about being a butcher is a joke.

Same for Crisp who has gifted us some real head scratches on occasion. Likely our best player this year.

In addendum : In case one wishes to propose that other aspects of their game is so superior that they mask the kicking. That's bullshit too.

They aren't elite kicks, but 'butchers' has grown legs on the internet, it has a life of its own.. time to put it out.

i agree, and i reckon once some of the real ball butchers around him, or just the dodgey decision makers, improve with the skills work the the fly is talking about, Tay will come into his own!

slangman 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:55 pm

gobbles21 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
gobbles21 wrote:

Again, that’s not where he’s been in playing which is quite clearly the point of the discussion 🤦‍♂️

Cal Brown is a list clogger. If he wasn’t Gavin’s son he would have been gone by now.
Doesn’t posses great speed, strength or foot skills. He is a VFL player and has already been overtaken by most of last years cohort.

Macattacks Libra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:22 am

Trade in next years 1st for a midfielder around pick 10 (supposedly Ess and Stk interested) we don't have a lot of time on this rebuild before our stars are old enough to play for Geelong.
Right now everyone thinks we'll be bottom 4 (they probably aren't wrong) but there's a chance we do better than that and get a nice discount as well as an extra 12 months development into a quality kid

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:46 am

Macattacks wrote:
Right now everyone thinks we'll be bottom 4 (they probably aren't wrong) but there's a chance we do better than that and get a nice discount as well as an extra 12 months development into a quality kid

I tend not to believe or have much faith in what “everyone” and “they” think. Unless they can give me next Saturday’s winning tattslotto numbers, everything is pure guesswork or random speculation. I have total faith and belief that McRea and the assistant coaches will ensure that Collingwood is heading in the right direction and making much better choices. That will please me no end next season.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:12 am

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
MJ23 wrote:

Chris Judd was a totally different player after he suffered groin injuries. He was one of the best kicks in the competition before his injuries and then after, he rarely kicked the ball. He mostly handballed.

Right. So did they play him in the forward line or keep him in the middle ?

MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:16 am

Macattacks wrote:
Trade in next years 1st for a midfielder around pick 10 (supposedly Ess and Stk interested) we don't have a lot of time on this rebuild before our stars are old enough to play for Geelong.

Im sure I read both saints and Bombers were looking for MORE picks in this draft ahead of any player trade.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: