Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Operation: Get Mark Williams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
I get the sentiment, but wouldn't that be up to Fly?

We've got a new coach, we've let him hand pick his team, if wants Choco then great, but if not?

True that Stu.
But shit wouldnt it be good to have him back.

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:32 pm

jatsad wrote:
magpieazza wrote:
Im all for getting Chocco in but wouldnt mind if we waited another year just so this group can gel a bit then when we need something extra ...get Chocco.

Could be all a bit too much information all at once, too many new faces too many new rules etc etc ...to me Chocco would be good as the icing on the cake when we need to extract an extra inch, however having said that, you can never have too many quality people around.

I sort of get what you're saying, but he wouldn't be involved in strategy, game plan etc.

Just get their skills right, that's what he is very good at.

Get him now.

Yep was only thinking of too many chefs spoiling the broth but was coming from the angle that he is actually a BIG personality but Im just speculating at best so lets get him!!! Post haste!!

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:11 pm

Would be nice, but can't see him leaving the Dees
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:22 am

List of coaches that joined a club, won a flag their first year and then left to join 17th:

jatsad 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:01 am

stui magpie wrote:

We've got a new coach, we've let him hand pick his team, if wants Choco then great, but if not?

As we need a head of development, just offering up my opinion.
If not Choco, then what other options are there?

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:48 am

jatsad wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Brendon Bolton is the newly appointed director of coaching, so whoever comes in now would now be working alongside / under Bolton. His job is to plan and then develop and improve players through customised training programs.
IF we were to briefly assume Bolton is a good fit for that role, then I’m not sure the desired outcome would be much different to Williams being there.
Remember, McRae worked alongside him at Hawthorn, so he knows what he’s getting. Seems like there is still another appointment to follow after genuine interest in Enright and Tapping, so I’m sure it will all come together when the coaching panel is finalised.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:55 am

jatsad wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Do we need a specific coach added to carry this mantle though?
jatsad 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:28 pm

jackcass wrote:
jatsad wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Do we need a specific coach added to carry this mantle though?

Call the position what you like. We definitely need a skills teacher, as we are down in that area. I see players with ball in hand NOT willing to take a kick for fear of failure. This has to be taken out of our players. Choco is the best at this, so go all out.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:54 pm

jatsad wrote:
Call the position what you like. We definitely need a skills teacher, as we are down in that area. I see players with ball in hand NOT willing to take a kick for fear of failure. This has to be taken out of our players. Choco is the best at this, so go all out.

I guess that was my point, do we? McRae has a skill development background. Bolton's strength is seen as being in skill/player development. Leppa seems to have had a strong development focus at the Tigas.

I'm also not sure Choco is necessarily the best or by what metric that can even be assessed. Is he any better than (say) Richo for instance? Does he actually have Bolts covered? Where do Skipworth and Selwood fit in that discussion?

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that we likely have at least 1, potentially 2 coaching spots to fill. I'm not sure what remain our priorities.
5:11pm 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:16 pm

Get Roos.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:21 pm

Prefer others to Choco if the club chooses to appoint someone to this rle, as others have mentioned. Roos would be an excellent choice. Selwood too.
jatsad 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:23 pm

jackcass wrote:
jatsad wrote:

I guess that was my point, do we? McRae has a skill development background. Bolton's strength is seen as being in skill/player development. Leppa seems to have had a strong development focus at the Tigas.

I'm also not sure Choco is necessarily the best or by what metric that can even be assessed. Is he any better than (say) Richo for instance? Does he actually have Bolts covered? Where do Skipworth and Selwood fit in that discussion?

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that we likely have at least 1, potentially 2 coaching spots to fill. I'm not sure what remain our priorities.

I'm simply judging on results. Goes to Richmond, 3 flags, one year at Melbourne, flag. Also listen to what the players say about him, Oliver said he turned his kicking game around. He is the best.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:28 pm

It wasn't lost on me that Alan Richardson was in a Melbourne polo shirt at the weekend too. Joined them at the start of 2020.

"An experienced tactician, Alan Richardson joined Melbourne's football department ahead of the 2020 season. After spending the 2020 season as the club's Director of Coaching, Richardson was later appointed to the position General Manager of AFL Football Performance in preparation for 2021."

5:11pm 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:31 pm

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that we likely have at least 1, potentially 2 coaching spots to fill. I'm not sure what remain our priorities.[/quote]
I'm simply judging on results. Goes to Richmond, 3 flags, one year at Melbourne, flag. Also listen to what the players say about him, Oliver said he turned his kicking game around. He is the best.[/quote]

Chocco is definitely on a winning streak.

What is his relationship with the Club like these days… has he made an public comments regarding Collingwood over the last couple of years?
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:43 pm

By extension, you can have the best coaching team around but if you don’t have total buy in from all players, then no messiah will get the best out of the players.
Other than the desire to be the best athlete he can, I don’t see a huge difference between DeGoey and Petracca. DeGoey doesn’t need a development or skills coach to tell him that, he just needs to buy in on the fitness program.
I understand skills are different but again, you can have the best skills coach on the planet but if players arent prepared to do ALL the extra sessions and at every opportunity, then the end game will forever remain unfulfilled.
The first requirement for any coach is to win the players hearts and minds and that in turn, provides the perfect environment for any decent skills coach to thrive. If you don’t have the buy in, then you won’t have the success.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: