Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Lessons from the GF.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Macattacks Libra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

2002/03
2010/11
2018/19

5:11pm wrote:

Buckley inherited a GF list with amongst the largest winning team margin in an AFL season, and an average age of just 23, which was past it’s prime.

No you are just plain lying, the list may have been 23 but that includes 20 odd list cloggers, it's a stupid way to assess age, the team was 24.5 years and you saw me post that with a link, and unless you missed the numbers above we (and most clubs with few exceptions) historically get 2 years where you are red hot, but get back to your Buckley blaming, it's better than lying about our teams age

Last edited by Macattacks on Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
5:11pm 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:13 pm

Macattacks wrote:
2002/03
2010/11
2018/19

Buckley inherited a GF list with amongst the largest winning team margin in an AFL season, and an average age of just 23, which was past it’s prime.

No you are just plain lying, the list may have been 23 but that includes 20 odd list cloggers, it's a stupid way to assess age, the team was 24.5 years and you saw me post that with a link, and unless you missed the numbers above we (and most clubs with few exceptions) historically get 2 years where you are red hot, but get back to your Buckley blaming, it's better than lying about our teams age

My Witch-Doctor, Shaman, and computer all say ‘No’!

https://www.draftguru.com.au/lists/2012/collingwood
Macattacks Libra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:16 pm

My Witch-Doctor, Shaman, and computer all say ‘No’!

That's because 2 of them are con men and you're using the 3rd one to include 20 cloggers to 'fluff' your numbers, thank God we had Luke Rounds to drag your average down

And how come your 23 year old list didn't win the 2011 GF if Bucks inherited a list on the rise? I hate to break it to you but 1st to 2nd is the other way

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:25 pm

Macattacks wrote:

When I get my hands on a Flux Capacitor I’ll let you know.

If you had one of those you could go back and nut Gubby and we'd win the 2018 premiership and wouldn't have a list hole the size of the grand canyon

"All Buckley's fault cry the toothless hordes"

hmm 2 newbies in battle, pretty sure i know who this recycled one is!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:27 pm

90 nice wrote:
Simple lesson in grand finals do not choke simple

this game was no choke, the demons were just far too good, and the dogs had nothing by 3/4 time. the demons deserve all acolades. not often i say that, but they do they were fricken huge!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:20 am

Macattacks wrote:
masoncox wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
I wish this bashing Bucks stuff would cease on here, just stop it now, for Chrissakes. He came within 2 mins and a lousy Ump decision of a Premiership,

interesting you brang this up Piesnchess
...take a look at the 3 minute to go mark of the 2018 Grand Final.
Crisp takes a mark on the outer wing.
He immediately looks sideways as per instruction re Buckley's game plan.
He kicks it sideways to Sidebottom who is a little back from the wing.

That's every single team, that was WC at times in the same game, I literally see that every week, when did it become Buckley's exclusively?

If he'd bombed it forward or tried to pinpoint a player and it rebounded back we'd be screaming why did he do that?

It was also the NON free to Maynard that killed us, and then damn Sneed kicks that miracle goal, thats what i meant. Maynard gets the free as he should have, and game takes a whole new turn, who knows, we will never know, but blaming Bucks is ludicrous, i jsut wish it would stop, and let him be now. Confused Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Macattacks Libra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:58 am

Ahh yes, the curse draft of 2013, missed Bontempelli after leaking we were going to pick him and with Salem, Merrett and Cripps up for grabs we chose Scharenberg and Freeman in the top 10. A year later they were the only 2 players that had not played a game for their club from the top 30 players drafted in 2013, just unbelievable

And just to top it off we chose Freeman at pick 10, and WC took Dom Sheed at pick 11... nightmare draft

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:42 am

This thread is no longer about lessons to be learnt from the 2021 Grand Final and has started be a sort of "my former coach is bigger than your former coach" thing. It's been fairly unedifying for the last few pages, so .... <click>.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16   

Jump to: