Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 1 Team

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it’s robbing Peter to pay Paul but I still have this morbid fascination for seeing Howe trialled as a forward. You could plug the hole he leaves in the backline with either Ruscoe or Kelly and then let Howe roam around in the forward line wreaking havoc.
He won the goal kicking at the Dees back in their very dark ole days, so he does have the attributes to make an impact in the front six.
At least an entire new coaching group will consider seeing things differently to the previous coaching panel. When you finish 17th, you’re obliged to consider all options for improvement.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:47 pm

jackcass wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Agree 100% - Macrae's ball use at times by foot was just elite. We need the ball in his hands as much as possible. He was most impressive not withstanding Henry's improvement playing in one of the hardest positions on the ground.

I think Poulter though could end up the best of them. He just looks like he could develop a few weapons that very few players can.

Funny how we all see things differently. I'm still very much on the fence with Poulter. The one that really excites me off very limited VFL viewing is McInnes. Think he'll be special if he can ever get a run at it.

Dont get me wrong - Im eagerly anticipating Reef and think he could be anything. Just didnt get to see him live at all last year.

Poulter feels dynamic - With some size I think he could be "Bont" like

MJ23 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:49 pm

Charlie Oneeye wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Podpicken wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks 18year olds McCrae and Poulter are absolute rippers who will probably lock in regular spots?? I know he may have faded a little, but Poulter's first season of AFL footy was VERY impressive. McRae's 10 games, and particularly his work against Hawthorn (20 possies, and a goal) in Round 21 said to me that he is highly likely to really take a step forward with a good pre-season and bigger frame in 2022.

IMHO, of the 2019 and 2020 draftees, Macrae was the most exciting at senior level in 2021.

The next level down becomes a little more congested with all of Poulter, Bianco, Ruscoe, McCreery, Henry, and Ginnivan giving cause for optimism.

We're still yet to even see McInnes, McMahon, Johnson, Begg and Chugg at senior level or even sufficiently at VFL level to make a call on.

That's 7 players unearthed in 1 season I think can all have longer term futures, and another 5 we're yet to know. Add whoever via the draft this year and it's exciting times ahead.

Agree 100% - Macrae's ball use at times by foot was just elite. We need the ball in his hands as much as possible. He was most impressive not withstanding Henry's improvement playing in one of the hardest positions on the ground.

I think Poulter though could end up the best of them. He just looks like he could develop a few weapons that very few players can.

When I see these guys, I just think of Daicos, Brown, Monkey, McGuane,Shaw, Millane

Its big shoes to fill, but an intake like never before., They are classy.. Henry, Macrae McInnes,Poulter.they could easily become the legends of tomorrow.

That is exciting
I think thats Exactly what they wanted to do in trading the pick out this year - get all these kids in with a year under their belt and add Daicos to pack this year. Effectively a head start in building around an elite talent.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:18 pm

MJ23 wrote:
That is exciting
I think thats Exactly what they wanted to do in trading the pick out this year - get all these kids in with a year under their belt and add Daicos to pack this year. Effectively a head start in building around an elite talent.

You can see what they were thinking. I don't know what the successful strike rate from a draft is but I'd have thought you're doing very well to get (from 10 selections) 50% play 50 games or more. From the 10 we took last year it seems we may already have at least that with Macrae, Poulter, Henry, McCreery and Ginnivan. Bianco and Ruscoe looking more likely from the previous draft. Daicos this year. You get a good start on regenerating the core of the best 22.
5:11pm 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:26 pm

^ With the kids pushing through do you reckon we can realistically expect to see Maynard in the guts?

It would be great to see McRae unleash him as a midfield Bull… or am I just dreaming! 🙏
Macattacks Libra

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:50 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
I know it’s robbing Peter to pay Paul but I still have this morbid fascination for seeing Howe trialled as a forward. You could plug the hole he leaves in the backline with either Ruscoe or Kelly and then let Howe roam around in the forward line wreaking havoc.
He won the goal kicking at the Dees back in their very dark ole days, so he does have the attributes to make an impact in the front six.
At least an entire new coaching group will consider seeing things differently to the previous coaching panel. When you finish 17th, you’re obliged to consider all options for improvement.

Yeah lets switch it up

Howe Mihocek Henry
Elliott Kreuger Ginnivan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:17 am

Doesn’t seem to be much love around for McReary.
Surely our best first year player gets a crack at it?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:54 am

5:11pm wrote:
^ With the kids pushing through do you reckon we can realistically expect to see Maynard in the guts?

It would be great to see McRae unleash him as a midfield Bull… or am I just dreaming! 🙏

I'd be reluctant to move him from defence for anything other than an occasional burst for impact. We're currently carrying a lot of inexperience in defence (IQ, Ruscoe, Madgen, Noble, Wilson, Keane all <50 games) so we need to retain the stability of Maynard, Moore, Crisp, Howe and Roughy around them.

I think McInnes, Macrae, the Brown lads, and Rantall can emerge as centre square options. It looks like we'll also add Lipinski. If I was looking to shift anyone from defence to the midfield I'd be looking at IQ to a wing.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:20 am

5:11pm wrote:
Doesn’t seem to be much love around for McReary.
Surely our best first year player gets a crack at it?

We do have a lot of “ unfulfilled “ forward options, so he’s in the mix like anyone.
The key to the young blokes getting first crack for limited spots is to come back super fit and have done all those extra sessions they didnt really want to do during the off season. Those who surpass their previous years personal bests and K P Is and present in peak condition will be rewarded first. I have said it many times on here, the thing that drives players the most, is competition from within.
Personally, I prefer Ginnivan to McCreery but a lot can happen in between an off seasons and new coaches, so it all starts with coming back fitter than the team mate who’s also competing for the same spot.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:23 pm

Ive got McCreery ahead of Ginnivan especially if Elliot is in the side.

Id like to see Maynard given a crack in the middle because he has that ambition and I tink we need his grunt. I also like the idea of IQ on the wing. We might have that luxury if Moore, Howe, Noble, Crisp, Roughhead, Ruscoe are all fit with Kelly, Keane, Wilson, Madgen and even Bianco across half back where he played his junior footy (think Salem in GF)

We have a lot of depth down back - its a matter of who gets pushed up the ground

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:40 pm

You’re right, we have a lot of inexperience in our back half, particularly given Moore and Howes recent/ongoing fragility.

Heres a what if-

Degoey claims the ‘Martin/Stringer’ role as a centre clearance forward mid.
Maynard claims a centre Bull role before rotating back as tall/small defender?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:13 pm

We did it a bit with Crispy this year oscillating between defence and midfield so I can definitely see the merit of it.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:26 pm

MJ23 wrote:
Ive got McCreery ahead of Ginnivan especially if Elliot is in the side.

It’s going to be interesting watching the development of both.
I get the merits of McCreery and he was another one who was crucified by coming straight back in after missing five with a hammy.
I think what Ginnivan achieved this year was a great effort. Didn’t play the year before and still eighteen, so I reckon his upside is through the roof IF he works hard. I’ve heard a couple times McCreery works really hard on the track, so again, another one with heaps of upside. Good size too.
For mine, I like it that Ginnivan doesn’t need many touches to make a scoreboard impact but McCreery is the one who will keep the ball in the forward line until hopefully we would capitalise.
Might all come down to McRaes forward line philosophies.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:32 pm

^ Yeah it looks like a good mix.
Ginny is a sneak and McCreery brings serious heat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: