Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 1 Team

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Macattacks Libra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Quincy wrote:
Bit speculative when you consider how many injuries we may have by then.

That's why there's a second 22, and pretty much needed them for 11 seasons straight now

Boot 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:25 pm

Backs: B.Maynard, J.Roughhead, J.Howe
H.Backs: I.Quaynor, W.Kelly, J.Crisp
Centers: S. Sidebottom, T.Adams , J.Daicos
H.Forwards O.Henry, B.Mihocek, N.Daicos
Forwards: J.Elliott, D.Cameron, D.Moore
Followers: B. Grundy, S. Pendlebury, J.DeGoey
Interchange: P.Lipinski,F.Macrae, T.Ruscoe, J.Noble

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:09 pm

Should be a very different looking forward line in 2022. Plenty of options but no real A graders (excluding Elliot when he’s on )
Ginnivan ? McCreery ? N Daicos ? Johnson ? Krueger ? Maybe W H E out of the square again ? Really looking forward to see how our front six structure up.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:20 pm

Boot wrote:
Backs: B.Maynard, J.Roughhead, J.Howe
H.Backs: I.Quaynor, W.Kelly, J.Crisp
Centers: S. Sidebottom, T.Adams , J.Daicos
H.Forwards O.Henry, B.Mihocek, N.Daicos
Forwards: J.Elliott, D.Cameron, D.Moore
Followers: B. Grundy, S. Pendlebury, J.DeGoey
Interchange: P.Lipinski,F.Macrae, T.Ruscoe, J.Noble

This is about as close as I come up with except Moore will be down back.
Poulter has to be in there and Id have Bianco for Noble.

Not sure Moore will be fit for start of season.

5:11pm 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:03 pm

What it McRae pulls a few positional changes…

Noble Roughy IQ

Pendles Moore Howe

Crisp Adams Sidey

Elliot Checkers Henry

McReary Kreuger J.Daicos

Grundy Degoey Maynard

Bench- Cameron, Lipinski, Macrae, Ginnivan

Sub- Ruscoe

Pre Season bolsters- N.Daicos, Poulter, Kelly, Johnson
Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:35 am

Am I the only one who thinks 18year olds McCrae and Poulter are absolute rippers who will probably lock in regular spots?? I know he may have faded a little, but Poulter's first season of AFL footy was VERY impressive. McRae's 10 games, and particularly his work against Hawthorn (20 possies, and a goal) in Round 21 said to me that he is highly likely to really take a step forward with a good pre-season and bigger frame in 2022.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:08 pm

Podpicken wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks 18year olds McCrae and Poulter are absolute rippers who will probably lock in regular spots?? I know he may have faded a little, but Poulter's first season of AFL footy was VERY impressive. McRae's 10 games, and particularly his work against Hawthorn (20 possies, and a goal) in Round 21 said to me that he is highly likely to really take a step forward with a good pre-season and bigger frame in 2022.

Definitely agree.
Hopefully Poulter pushes Sidey out by the end of the season.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:03 pm

Podpicken wrote:

IMHO, of the 2019 and 2020 draftees, Macrae was the most exciting at senior level in 2021.

The next level down becomes a little more congested with all of Poulter, Bianco, Ruscoe, McCreery, Henry, and Ginnivan giving cause for optimism.

We're still yet to even see McInnes, McMahon, Johnson, Begg and Chugg at senior level or even sufficiently at VFL level to make a call on.

That's 7 players unearthed in 1 season I think can all have longer term futures, and another 5 we're yet to know. Add whoever via the draft this year and it's exciting times ahead.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:24 pm

jackcass wrote:
Podpicken wrote:

IMHO, of the 2019 and 2020 draftees, Macrae was the most exciting at senior level in 2021.

The next level down becomes a little more congested with all of Poulter, Bianco, Ruscoe, McCreery, Henry, and Ginnivan giving cause for optimism.

We're still yet to even see McInnes, McMahon, Johnson, Begg and Chugg at senior level or even sufficiently at VFL level to make a call on.

That's 7 players unearthed in 1 season I think can all have longer term futures, and another 5 we're yet to know. Add whoever via the draft this year and it's exciting times ahead.

Exciting indeed.

I’ve never seen Begg play… is the optimism warranted?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:16 pm

5:11pm wrote:
Exciting indeed.

I've only ever seen the limited highlights that were circulating around the time of the MSD. He was being coached by Trav Cloke though so I'm assuming we have good intel.

https://twitter.com/CollingwoodFC/status/1400021916300107785?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1400021916300107785%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Shame the VFL didn't go the distance as he was a sneaky chance of a game late in the season.

Biggest query on him is where will he ultimately play. Review from a game against Oakleigh where he was opposed to Moyle and Darcy was:

#16 Aiden Begg

Gave up a bit of height in the ruck contests but still competed well, possibly even winning the bout against two really solid opponents. Has a really nice leap and ruck craft that make him a genuine chance no matter whereabouts he is positioned heading into the contest. Good around the ground as well following up strongly, using it well and setting up behind play and taking some good grabs in that role, suggesting he could play as a key defender at the next level.

https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/2021/04/14/scouting-notes-2021-nab-league-boys-round-2/

Moyle ended up playing VFL for us and performing well. Also taken in the MSD.

And then there was this...

Former Eastern Ranges talent manager Sean Toohey oversaw Begg as a bottom-ager with the NAB League outfit, where the young tall exhibited an unrelenting drive to improve.

“It’s (his selection) not entirely surprising given his athletic profile, and his attitude.

“He’s had to really develop that work ethic and learn what’s required at the elite level, even at NAB League, and that’s definitely something that (former Ranges’ coach Darren Bewick) and I had a focus on with him and would speak to him constantly about.

And the 18-year-old brings a wealth of versatility to the Magpies’ list.

“He’s very athletic and has an excellent leap on him and can cover the ground quite well,” Toohey said.

“He’s probably just undersized to be a first ruckman but I envisage him playing a forward/back-up ruck role, long-term.

“His ruck craft is actually quite good – but having said that, at times as a bottom-ager, Darren Bewick put him on a wing as well to maximise his leg-speed and mobility up the ground to give us a point of difference.”

While he’s still “raw”, Toohey believes Begg’s long-term potential to be a big win for Collingwood, likening the Saints junior to young Essendon utility Nik Cox, with strength at ground-level and in the air.

“It’s a look to the future for them (Collingwood), so well done to them,” Toohey said.

“He’s still a project player, and he’s got so much upside and so much development left in him.

“But on raw ability and athletic ability as well, I think he’s got that in him.

“If you think about the impact Nik Cox is having at Essendon – Aiden’s a way off where he’s at, obviously – but Aiden has that potential to play that sort of role.”

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:29 pm

jackcass wrote:
5:11pm wrote:
Exciting indeed.

I've only ever seen the limited highlights that were circulating around the time of the MSD. He was being coached by Trav Cloke though so I'm assuming we have good intel.

https://twitter.com/CollingwoodFC/status/1400021916300107785?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1400021916300107785%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Shame the VFL didn't go the distance as he was a sneaky chance of a game late in the season.

Biggest query on him is where will he ultimately play. Review from a game against Oakleigh where he was opposed to Moyle and Darcy was:

#16 Aiden Begg

Gave up a bit of height in the ruck contests but still competed well, possibly even winning the bout against two really solid opponents. Has a really nice leap and ruck craft that make him a genuine chance no matter whereabouts he is positioned heading into the contest. Good around the ground as well following up strongly, using it well and setting up behind play and taking some good grabs in that role, suggesting he could play as a key defender at the next level.

https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/2021/04/14/scouting-notes-2021-nab-league-boys-round-2/

Moyle ended up playing VFL for us and performing well. Also taken in the MSD.

And then there was this...

Former Eastern Ranges talent manager Sean Toohey oversaw Begg as a bottom-ager with the NAB League outfit, where the young tall exhibited an unrelenting drive to improve.

“It’s (his selection) not entirely surprising given his athletic profile, and his attitude.

“He’s had to really develop that work ethic and learn what’s required at the elite level, even at NAB League, and that’s definitely something that (former Ranges’ coach Darren Bewick) and I had a focus on with him and would speak to him constantly about.

And the 18-year-old brings a wealth of versatility to the Magpies’ list.

“He’s very athletic and has an excellent leap on him and can cover the ground quite well,” Toohey said.

“He’s probably just undersized to be a first ruckman but I envisage him playing a forward/back-up ruck role, long-term.

“His ruck craft is actually quite good – but having said that, at times as a bottom-ager, Darren Bewick put him on a wing as well to maximise his leg-speed and mobility up the ground to give us a point of difference.”

While he’s still “raw”, Toohey believes Begg’s long-term potential to be a big win for Collingwood, likening the Saints junior to young Essendon utility Nik Cox, with strength at ground-level and in the air.

“It’s a look to the future for them (Collingwood), so well done to them,” Toohey said.

“He’s still a project player, and he’s got so much upside and so much development left in him.

“But on raw ability and athletic ability as well, I think he’s got that in him.

“If you think about the impact Nik Cox is having at Essendon – Aiden’s a way off where he’s at, obviously – but Aiden has that potential to play that sort of role.”

Cheers. Sounds extremely promising!
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:17 pm

Time for Adams and Sidy to play more forward pocket or at best on the bench
MJ23 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:52 pm

jackcass wrote:
Podpicken wrote:

Agree 100% - Macrae's ball use at times by foot was just elite. We need the ball in his hands as much as possible. He was most impressive not withstanding Henry's improvement playing in one of the hardest positions on the ground.

I think Poulter though could end up the best of them. He just looks like he could develop a few weapons that very few players can.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:22 pm

MJ23 wrote:
Agree 100% - Macrae's ball use at times by foot was just elite. We need the ball in his hands as much as possible. He was most impressive not withstanding Henry's improvement playing in one of the hardest positions on the ground.

I think Poulter though could end up the best of them. He just looks like he could develop a few weapons that very few players can.

Funny how we all see things differently. I'm still very much on the fence with Poulter. The one that really excites me off very limited VFL viewing is McInnes. Think he'll be special if he can ever get a run at it.
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:26 pm

MJ23 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Podpicken wrote:

When I see these guys, I just think of Daicos, Brown, Monkey, McGuane,Shaw, Millane

Its big shoes to fill, but an intake like never before., They are classy.. Henry, Macrae McInnes,Poulter.they could easily become the legends of tomorrow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: