Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The police and the CFMEU

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
think positive wrote:
but. i hate that word, just about anything after that word is always an excuse.

everything you need to know is on tape....umm no it isnt, how do you know he didnt, say, spit in the cops face? no its still not justified but you dont know any where near the whole story from that clip. there is no sound and its not clear enough.

Well ... you said it! Razz

I actually do feel that you're the one making excuses, not me. I never said anything in defence of protesters, but you're the one bringing them up as if we can't consider an assault by a police officer without factoring in what police have to put up with in the line of duty. Sorry, that might fly for a cop who makes a mistake in a moment of panic or self-defence, but it's just irrelevant when we're talking about a police officer walking up to a stationary person from behind and slinging them to the ground so hard they get knocked out. If he was pissed off by some of the things he'd seen/endured earlier that day then that might provide a motivation for his act, but (yes, "but") it shouldn't be a mitigating factor in how he's dealt with – or, for that matter, in how we're discussing this case.

i dont think you can consider an assault by anyone without factoring in what led up to it.

i dont know, you dont know, we dont know.

he has been suspended from all police duties, he is being investigated.

how many of those drunken shiny upstanding drug taking citizens who dont want the possible nasties in a vaccine to interfere with the carcinegons from their ciggies, or protect any brain cells left the beer has missed, will be stood down from their jobs or welfare payments for breaking a cops arm?

ill answer for you, ZERO!

meanwhile they will be calling for first responders when they are dying from covid they got from the spit of the tool next to them!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:36 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Plus as shitty as it is, it’s part of the job. If you’re going to get that easily triggered that you overreact then maybe policing just isn’t for him.

At the same time I hope the investigation includes looking into their orders for the day. The cops were very clearly given free reign to do whatever they liked against the protesters and some clearly took it too far.

But if command is giving them too much leeway then some of the blame needs to fall back on them.

no it is not part of the job at all. its not part of any job. common decency and respect for others means its not part of the job.

no they were not given free reign at all, cops were up all night strategically planning the response to stop a repeat or worse of what happened on the westgate. watch them as they took back the Shrine. they did a fricken brilliant job.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:18 pm

think positive wrote:
how many of those drunken shiny upstanding drug taking citizens who dont want the possible nasties in a vaccine to interfere with the carcinegons from their ciggies, or protect any brain cells left the beer has missed, will be stood down from their jobs or welfare payments for breaking a cops arm?

ill answer for you, ZERO!

And that's as it should be – attending the protests and behaving idiotically or even criminally is not professional misconduct. The way it works (and should work) is that people are answerable first to the law (which goes for cops and protesters alike) and secondly to their employers for how they do their job. If I punch a co-worker in the face at work, I may well be sacked and face assault charges, but if I get onto a punch-on outside a nightclub on the weekend, it'll only be the latter I have to contend with.

So while it might not seem fair that the police officer faces a double sanction, I'm not sure how else such things could be reasonably dealt with.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:21 pm

double sanction should go hand in hand with double protection, and not just double $£$%^%%$ standards!

who would be a cop??

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:24 pm

For what it's worth, there are specific offences tied to assaulting a police officer. I'm not sure off the top of my head how much stricter they are than common assault, but I'm presuming they entail much stronger penalties:

https://www.sydneycriminallawyers.com.au/criminal/offences/assault/assault-police/

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:22 pm

Thanks to these Protests the Cases have Skyrocketed.

Bloody Lockdown Lovers

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:11 pm

No they aren't the cause Dave, it was Dan's Public Holiday, he himself said as much today. If he had any evidence the protests were responsible he'd have said so, don't you worry about that!!!
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:15 pm

think positive wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Plus as shitty as it is, it’s part of the job. If you’re going to get that easily triggered that you overreact then maybe policing just isn’t for him.

At the same time I hope the investigation includes looking into their orders for the day. The cops were very clearly given free reign to do whatever they liked against the protesters and some clearly took it too far.

But if command is giving them too much leeway then some of the blame needs to fall back on them.

no it is not part of the job at all. its not part of any job. common decency and respect for others means its not part of the job.

no they were not given free reign at all, cops were up all night strategically planning the response to stop a repeat or worse of what happened on the westgate. watch them as they took back the Shrine. they did a fricken brilliant job.

Well judging from some of the footage including the incident in question, they definitely acted like they had free reign to do whatever they wanted.

But if you go into a situation where you are going to physically provoke people and get into violent confrontations then you can't be the sort of person who'd lose their cool enough to then come and slam a bloke's head into the ground whilst he's not even looking at you.

It's the job you signed up for and if you can't cope, then there are plenty of other jobs. Every emergency services job comes with it's challenges, its why the process is so stringent and lots of checks along the way to weed out those who can't cope with the reality of what they will face.

Btw this isn't an attack on cops, I'm the last person who'd denigrate all police, but the bad eggs who provide the ammunition for their detractors.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:30 am

eddie smith wrote: "But if you go into a situation where you are going to physically provoke people and get into violent confrontations"

it was the bullshit protestors doing that, not the cops. the cops kept their cool as long as they could.

as for that one bad egg, as i said he has been suspended pending further investigation. it ends there for me right now, lets see what happens.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:21 am

eddiesmith wrote:
think positive wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Well judging from some of the footage including the incident in question, they definitely acted like they had free reign to do whatever they wanted.

But if you go into a situation where you are going to physically provoke people and get into violent confrontations then you can't be the sort of person who'd lose their cool enough to then come and slam a bloke's head into the ground whilst he's not even looking at you.

It's the job you signed up for and if you can't cope, then there are plenty of other jobs. Every emergency services job comes with it's challenges, its why the process is so stringent and lots of checks along the way to weed out those who can't cope with the reality of what they will face.

Btw this isn't an attack on cops, I'm the last person who'd denigrate all police, but the bad eggs who provide the ammunition for their detractors.

so yesterday I saw some very interesting footage. they were not provoked, and indeed even a journo reknown for his bad reporting in these cases can be seen saying the police have been telling them all day, you are free to leave, but you need to leave individually in compliance with WHO directives, please leave, you are free to leave. and there were no police behind the shrine until these was a scuffle umungst protestors.

they were simply advancing 10 steps, then another 10, then retreating 10 while repeating the above over and over. up til they got to the shrine they were simply making sure people were not gathering as per WHO directive of no more than 2 people together at a time (this was in strictist times) so yes while you are free to protest normally, when your in lockdown and only allowed to be in groups of 2, no protesting is not legal. and yes FOR THE GREATER GOOD! but not as youd think that means, so protestors dont protest, so the fricken virus doesnt get a hold, and looky here, 2 weeks later....

as for being fired on, they were non lethal rounds and they were not fired on until the stopped throwing plastic drink bottles and started chucking steel taps and glass bottles, one cop received a massice gash on their face.

and yes it was an attack on cops!

that one cop at the station, lets just say hes done! 1 bad cop. 1 hell of a lot of $£$%^%%$ thugs who were not part of the CFMU!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:03 pm

The protesters on the first 2 days were overwhelmingly construction workers with a tag along minority of ratbag fucktards.

After day 2, the mix changed significantly as the actual construction workers lost interest and the others numbers swelled.

It was the latter arsehats who were being violent and destructive, throwing metal objects at Police and disrespecting the Shrine.

I find it hilarious that they actually had protests in the USA about what was happening here in Australia, calling the lockdowns and Police Action a Police state.

Cops were doing their jobs, risking their safety. They weren't there because they wanted to be. Some no doubt went over the top, but individual cops don't take it on themselves to start shooting rubber bullets, they get told to do that, and that was just the special Riot Police.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:32 pm

Yep, day 2’s reaction was a direct result of day 1, which was a disaster, and so potentially dangerous. And I found the yanksprotests hilarious too!

Yes they were told when to fire, note rubber bullets were only shot at the ground, they bounce and lose a lot of energy, the other projectiles were bean bag rounds. And it was just coke, no gas!

As for how many rogue cops were there, they had to be on their feet in all that riot gear for so long that day, I wouldn’t really blame anyone for getting a little edgy and using stronger than necessary force. After all of those fuckheads were not protesting then there would be nothing to have S thread about. Personally I believe the cops handled it amazingly well, I watch the whole saga at the shrine, and I was cheering!

And now the building sites are all open again, taking a drive through an industrial area and it’s laughable, no masks, no one checking in, (our site is finished, so not us!) and folks, that’s why they need to roll up their sleeves for the jab!

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:25 am

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/100773532
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:49 pm

Good, but imagine how many times this has happened without being caught on camera.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:03 pm

^

Logically not that many and, as a percentage of Police interaction with the public, infinitesimal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: