Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

9/11 20 years on

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I was out in the city, randomly met Buff Bagwell, the wrestler from WCW fame, at McDonalds at Crown. No camera fones back then, but he was off his nut and had two babes with him. The babes spoke to us more than he did, but he did talk to us for a short time. He ordered a tonne of food and when he shook my hand it was really weak.

I got home late and sat out the front in the driveway talking to a friend. One of the others rang me saying that a plane flew into the WTC. I was like yeah whatever. Thought absolutely nothing of it. Remember taking the piss because he was a known liar. We thought it was a small accident with a cessna or something. Had never heard "World Trade Centre" before and had no idea what or where it was.

After talking shit outside for God knows how long, I finally went in and everyone at home was awake and in the living room. It must have been 1 or 2 am and I straight away thought whats wrong? It was so weird because I was quietly walking in not to wake anyone. Mum yells out "Do you have any idea whats going on in the world?". And then the second tower came down when I looked at the TV.

Thinking back, it was very strange. I sort of remember thinking this is late to be watching some film isnt it? Then the reality of what was happening hit. And I sent an SMS to my friend saying I think this plane thing is a bit bigger than we thought.

My uncle lived in NYC at the time. It took over 2 days to get a hold of him. He was safe but said the sky was black with smoke.

The following days were crazy, the news was non stop and it went on for months.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: