Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who can be a Pies Champion?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quincy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:04 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry was touted as a top 10 pick at one stage so maybe with uncertainty created by COVID he slipped through late. Macrae was highly fancied as well. Reef had injuries which may have deterred some clubs from picking him. These players should become pretty good. Nick Daicos will be like a genuine first pick.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:12 am

^ Henry was right up there at one stage and I’m not sure why he slipped. Macrae I think was a victim of the talls available and lack of opportunity to play with Vic lockdown. I know Richmond were right into him and as soon as we called his name they traded their pick out. Reef had an ordinary time trial I reckon was by design. I mean clubs knew we would match a bid. Poulter is the one for me. I don’t understand why he didn’t go sooner.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:38 am

Twomey had Henry going to Essendon's #10 pick but they went with Perkins who is a similar player. McInnes was linked to Adelaide's #11 pick, Macrae and Poulter were both rated below Conor Stone for us but we took Macrae at 19 ahead of Richmond's pick 20

Doerre had Macrae at 7 (Essendon), Henry and McInnes as above at 10 & 11. Poulter at 27

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:37 pm

MJ23 wrote:
^ Henry was right up there at one stage and I’m not sure why he slipped. Macrae I think was a victim of the talls available and lack of opportunity to play with Vic lockdown. I know Richmond were right into him and as soon as we called his name they traded their pick out. Reef had an ordinary time trial I reckon was by design. I mean clubs knew we would match a bid. Poulter is the one for me. I don’t understand why he didn’t go sooner.

Henry excites me. Has great hands and can find the goals.

He's just very raw at this stage.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:09 am

Hopefully in about 3 yrs we will have half a dozen genuine champion players:

De Goey
Moore
Grundy
Nick Daicos
Henry
Macrae/Poulter
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:28 pm

McInnes is the wild card on our list. I’m not saying he’s even going to make it but if he should fulfil his potential, he will be one out of the box. His strengths are a unique mix.
Still only 18, 193cm, quick and clean hands and has the extra gear.
Has all the attributes of an inside mid but has played so little footy over the last couple years. I wouldn’t even expect much in 2022 but I expect him to figure strongly when we start making our run.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:36 pm

The teams are out and so is a stat for season 2021

Jack McRae is nudging ever so close to having the most pocessions for a player in history for a season

Rub rub rub off on ya kid brother we would ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:34 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Doerre had Macrae at 7 (Essendon), Henry and McInnes as above at 10 & 11. Poulter at 27

Where did you see that?

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:26 pm

^ here https://www.espn.com/afl/story/_/id/30478295/afl-draft-2020-phantom-draft-chris-doerre-espn-full-final-phantom-draft
MJ23 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:41 pm

Jack crisp went for hip surgery. Was carrying the injury for a while. Played at an elite std while hurt when the season was already lost.
He should be right up there in best and fairest voting. I hope he wins it.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:29 pm

inxs88 wrote:
mattdally wrote:
I'll add to the list - these guys were champions:
- Scott Burns
- Alan Didak
- Heath Shaw
- Nick Maxwell

Loved them all but they all weren't bona fide game changers or match winners. Top top players though. three of the above were rebounding defenders, enough said.

Nick Maxwell was the reason we won the Flag his smother of Reiwoldt's kick in the draw is reason we played next week and won.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Macattacks Libra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:38 pm

3rd degree wrote:

Nick Maxwell was the reason we won the Flag his smother of Reiwoldt's kick in the draw is reason we played next week and won.

He took a saving speccy as well that was completely out of character in the dying moments, talk about lifting yourself and those around you

The much maligned Leon Davis saved us as well, he barely touched it in that first GF but he broke our 46 minute goal drought with an individual act of pure brilliance

Neon lights up:
https://youtu.be/u_XAxzCS7rQ

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:39 pm

Quincy wrote:
Henry was touted as a top 10 pick at one stage so maybe with uncertainty created by COVID he slipped through late. Macrae was highly fancied as well. Reef had injuries which may have deterred some clubs from picking him. These players should become pretty good. Nick Daicos will be like a genuine first pick.

Going into 2020, McInnes was entrenched in the top 10’s from memory.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:42 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
McInnes is the wild card on our list. I’m not saying he’s even going to make it but if he should fulfil his potential, he will be one out of the box. His strengths are a unique mix.
Still only 18, 193cm, quick and clean hands and has the extra gear.
Has all the attributes of an inside mid but has played so little footy over the last couple years. I wouldn’t even expect much in 2022 but I expect him to figure strongly when we start making our run.

Got off to a slow start at VFL this year but showed enough to excite. In time, I think he’ll be in the discussion as the best 2020 draftee at the Pies.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:00 pm

jackcass wrote:
Quincy wrote:

Going into 2020, McInnes was entrenched in the top 10’s from memory.

I see a bit of the Chargers, so so know McInnes story well. He polarised spotters because he had these great inside mid qualities but could never break into the best U18 mid field in the country.
He mainly floated around at high half forward because the likes of Rowell, Anderson, Bianco all played in the middle and then bottom agers like MacRae and Phillips rotated through there before McInnes got a look in.
McInnes has most of the tools but has yet to unpack them. He’s a focussed player, so he will work hard to get there but he’s still got so much to learn as midfielder, particularly in traffic. Having said that, he could pay off really big, particularly as a pick around the mid twenties.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: