Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Farewell and thank you Bangers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
Id like Banger to stay on, after sanderson goes, and be an assistant to our new head Coach. I think our kids really like Harves.

i agree, they at least seemed to play unleashed

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:48 am

Responsible for two of our three best wins of the season and also some of our worst losses (whereas under Buckley in the first half of the year, until the Melbourne game we’d mostly had skin-of-our-teeth wins against bad teams and competitive losses). Got a chance that few caretaker coaches get in having half a season to work with, and I think he did change things up admirably upon taking over, but I doubt he’ll be considered for a senior gig anywhere. I see no reason why we shouldn’t keep him on as an assistant.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:10 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Id like Banger to stay on, after sanderson goes, and be an assistant to our new head Coach. I think our kids really like Harves.

I 100% agree and hope the club sees he can be a genuine contributor going forward.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:53 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

Last thing we need is to lose Harves as well. People are saying here to get Choco as an assistant to our new head coach. Well, Harves is our Choco. The players respect him and he has that continuity at the club that is needed given the turmoil of last year. Our new coach will be calling the shots. If he thinks Harves is getting in the way then we have chosen the wrong coach. All leaders respect the assistants they have around them. They take the advice they get, adapt it to their own coaching philosophies and follow their own instincts. Harves adds those qualities a new coach will need at the club.
barrackers 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:31 pm

Injuries especially to Moore didn't help his hand. Good on him for stepping up and I think he developed aspects required in a coach - his media work certainly improved with less umms.

Liked that he continued and expanded on Buckley's last 3-4 weeks shift to a faster game plan. Made a couple of positional moves - Madgen to CHB, Maynard to taller opponents, Crisp back to HB, Hoskin-Elliott back to wing, Noble to wing, 3 tall forwards for a while, C Brown briefly to inside mid. I don't count DeGoey to midfield as I feel this would have occurred earlier if it wasn't for his own injuries and also Elliott breaking his leg.

Think we also missed an opportunity to try a few more radical things though. Keane and Tohill should have been given more games once Moore went down or even trialling Cameron at CHB, Quaynor and Maynard some midfield time, Grundy and Lynch together, Grundy more time forward.
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:12 pm

Considering the depleted list and the circumstances he took the job in, I think Harvey did an excellent job as acting coach. I liked the attacking game approach, even if it didn't always deliver results. I can see the seeds of a great team from the work Harvey did in this half of the season.

Thanks for the hard work.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:45 pm

Honestly don’t think Clarkson with Leigh Matthews and Hardwick at their peak as assistants could have done much else. Most players were absolutely knackered bent over against Essendon. Grundy looked like he’d pass out. It’s been a gruelling year mentally, they need time off, and we need to get our fitness people sorted as much as the coach in the meantime. I’m sure that’s one of the major points potential coaches are being grilled about, how to get this team fit for four quarter footy,
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:20 pm

masoncox wrote:
He showed 3 things.
1 that we could play a more attacking style of footy
2. that JDG could be a midfielder
3. We could play a tagger.
So for that I am thankful

4. Good progress with our young players, particularly Henry and Ruscoe who had very slow starts to the year.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:38 pm

Understandably Harvey’s departure has been lost amongst McRaes appointment but for anyone who read Harvey’s farewell comments, it should only serve as a further testament to his class and honesty.
I wish him all the best and hope he remains firmly entrenched in the AFL system.

If anyone is in a position to copy the link into this thread, it’s a worthwhile read for all supporters
K 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:35 pm

P16, I can if you tell me where to find the link! Wink

(I just looked on the club website. I see quotes of GW, but not Harvey.)
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:40 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Understandably Harvey’s departure has been lost amongst McRaes appointment but for anyone who read Harvey’s farewell comments, it should only serve as a further testament to his class and honesty.
I wish him all the best and hope he remains firmly entrenched in the AFL system.

If anyone is in a position to copy the link into this thread, it’s a worthwhile read for all supporters

I for one am sad to see him leave.

Good luck to you Bangers.

All the best.

You will be a senior coach and i will watch the team you coach with envy

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:59 pm

K wrote:
P16, I can if you tell me where to find the link! Wink

(I just looked on the club website. I see quotes of GW, but not Harvey.)

K, I read it on a newsfeed this morning and it was really all about how positive he is for Collingwoods future and the quality kids they have. I tried to find it again before my earlier post and I can’t recover it. Anyway, it was all class. No pot shots, no regrets, just a mature interview with a good bloke.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:37 pm

Pies2016 wrote:

Agree, P2016. I read his departure comments as well. They were those of a man of honour and integrity, who placed the best for the team above his own individual interests.
I hope also that these attributes are recognised and that he gets other opportunities in the AFL system. His time with us also showed that he has an understanding of the game. His modifications to our gamestyle over the short period he had as head coach, and under such difficult circumstances given the injury list we had at the time, was testament to a real understanding of the modern game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: