Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Lions. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m at the 5 minute mark of the 3rd. Can’t get worse from here?
Pep 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:28 pm

We played with a wet bar of soap and couldn't handball to the chest form one meter away.

Lions played with a dry footy in perfect conditions and all hollywood passes/plays ended up being pure gold.

Simply outclassed tonight, down to bare bones in defence bar Maynard and Roughy.

Skills just not up to scratch tonight, such and inexperienced team against and seasoned lions. (who are where we are 3/4 years ago)

A lot of list holes, we need a key fwd and genuine fast/skilful small fwd. And genuine midfield class and depth... will be few years of pain I think.

Last edited by Pep on Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:29 pm

To quote Paul Keating.Is this the recession that we had to have?Is this the result we needed to shake us out of our complacency?
simon tonna 

masoncox wrote:
What really got me tonite were the fumbles.

The fumbles are a easy out to players who don’t want to play with intent.
Collingwood had many a player tonite.

charmer Sagittarius

Insipid, spiritless performance. No one, including senior players and leaders, could handle the ball. Fumble after fumble after fumble.

Bring in Lynch and play Grundy as a midfielder. That’s probably what he wants. Can’t watch him tap it to the opposition over and over again
doriswilgus 

Haff wrote:
I’m at the 5 minute mark of the 3rd. Can’t get worse from here?

Yes,it does.Much,much worse,
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:30 pm

They had 70 inside 50’s. Imagine we did that…..we would turn in over 50 times and try and scramble our way to 10 goals.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:31 pm

charmer wrote:
Bring in Lynch and play Grundy as a midfielder. That’s probably what he wants. Can’t watch him tap it to the opposition over and over again

The problem with that idea is: he also handballs it to the oppo over and over again.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:32 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
To quote Paul Keating. Is this the recession that we had to have? Is this the result we needed to shake us out of our complacency?

Well, it's not a beautiful set of numbers.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:34 pm

K wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
If Grundy had any decency he’d offer some of his contract up cos this club is totally effed with a) his output as a million dollar man, and b) the inability to recruit or re-sign any other ‘stars’.

It'd certainly relieve psychological pressure on him if he did.

I've wondered about this myself - that is, the psychological burden and pressure of the expectations surrounding his contract. Giving some back to the club could certainly lighten this load and free him up to play with some of his former flair.
charmer Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:35 pm

K wrote:
charmer wrote:

The problem with that idea is: he also handballs it to the oppo over and over again.

This is true. But at least we cut off one of the avenues for the opposition to get the ball
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:35 pm

Pep wrote:
We played with a wet bar of soap and couldn't handball to the chest form one meter away.

Lions played with a dry footy in perfect conditions and all hollywood passes/plays ended up being pure gold.

Simply outclassed tonight, down to bare bones in defence bar Maynard and Roughy.

Skills just not up to scratch tonight, such and inexperienced team against and seasoned lions. (who are where we are 3/4 years ago)

A lot of list holes, we need a key fwd and genuine fast/skilful small fwd. And genuine midfield class and depth... will be few years of pain I think.

Good summary Pep.
Definitely need a key forward. Lack thereof, no doubt, the legacy of Bux.
I think we might have some small forwards in Henry and Ginnivan. I liked them tonight. they cannot play brilliantly when the midfield is suffocated.
Midfield depth is a huge issue atm. We have youngsters, and Tay, and JDG. What has been exposed is that two mature bodies to run through the midfield is not enough. We definitely need another big bodied mid for this team to provide the framework for the youngsters to develop. My concern is: where is such a player coming from, given our screwed up capspace and consequent inability to recruit?
Defence tonight was a shambles, buit what do you expect when you have so many of your best defensive players out?

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:36 pm

Why do we keep playing so defensively? We are afraid to attack. We lack courage. There are no natural leaders to replace Pendles. Sidebottom got his chance tonight. Let the result speak to that. No game plan. A wasted opportunity putting Harvey in the coaching box unless they were seriously looking at him to replace Bucks. I think our entire Football Department should be looked at now. I am very nervous about next year with the Football Department not being cleared out.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:36 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
I've wondered about this myself - that is, the psychological burden and pressure of the expectations surrounding his contract. Giving some back to the club could certainly lighten this load and free him up to play with some of his former flair.

PPie, the DanHan article did suggest to me that his revised contract did just that. It's taken a burden off Dan's shoulders.

Mind you, the reason his body is broken is that he trained so hard at the Swans. Some of our boys are in no danger of that.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:37 pm

I’mwatching delayed and after 2 bottles of red, we’re 55 points down. Still holding out hope,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13   

Jump to: