Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Lions. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:49 am
Post subject: Re: Pre-Match. Pies v. Lions. All comments.Reply with quote

Donny wrote:
Saturday.

Collingwood v. Brisbane.

Gabba. 7.25*

B Trey Ruscoe Jordan Roughead Brayden Maynard
HB Jack Crisp Jack Madgen Chris Mayne
C Will Hoskin-Elliott. Jordan De Goey Josh Daicos
HF Josh Thomas Darcy Cameron Oliver Henry
F Jack Ginnivan Brody Mihocek Jamie Elliott

R Brodie Grundy Steele Sidebottom Taylor Adams

INT Trent Bianco Beau McCreery Finlay Macrae Nathan Murphy

EMERG Max Lynch Reef McInnes John Noble Tom Wilson

I'm imagining selection night for round 1 -2022 with the changes to the above team & including Nick Daicos

Ins: Pendlebury, Moore. Howe, Quaynor, Nick Daicos
Outs: Madgen, Mayne, Thomas, Cameron, Murphy

Not Selected: Tyler Brown, Callum Brown, Cameron, Cox, Lynch, Noble, Wilson, Keane, Tohill, Madgen, Thomas, Rantall, Will Kelly, McMahon, Begg, Johnston, Chugg & Sier

VFL team
B: Tohill. Madgen. Wilson
HB: Chugg Keane. Noble
C: Rantall. T.Brown. Poulter
HF: Murphy Kelly. Johnston
F: McInnes Cox. Thomas

Ruck Lynch. Sier
Rov. Callum Brown

I/C: Begg McMahon Cameron

Clearly, these lines ups are pre-trade and pre-draft (with the exception of Nick Daicos.

I'm assuming our list changes may include the following:

Out: Mayne (ret) Greenwood (ret) Thomas/Cox/Sier/Lynch (traded)
In: Nick Daicos plus 2 draftees (leaving two spots for mid-season draftees and one unrestricted free agent).

Considerable reduction in Total Player Payment to be absorbed by De Goey and Moore new contracts and increase for younger players wages and higher contract for Mihocek
Pendles Howe Roughhead and Sidebottom to have new contracts at reduced rates...
I expect Graeme Wright to have a very firm rein on the amounts that players are paid moving forward.
My understanding is that our new coach will be unveiled on the Friday AFTER our last home and away match. I hope for Clarkson, but anticipate that it will be Adam Kingsley...

mattdally 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Noble out - only taken 21 weeks Confused
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:47 am

burnsy17 wrote:
Is Noble out of contract?

Just asking because if so, maybe he’s on his way out and possibly has played his last game for the Pies?

Surprised he’s been left out. There must be a reason.

I’m guessing he simply hadn’t executed his ( modified ) role as well as they would have liked in the last couple weeks.
It’s hard to observe when you aren’t at the ground but it looks like he has been playing as an extra in defence in recent times as opposed to hanging onto a direct opponent. It looked like the club had settled on the back six, particularly with Howe back, so they gave Noble a different role. He’s not strong in the contest but using his run out out of the backline makes sense. The problem is, if you’re going to play as an extra, you need to have a major impact in the game because obviously the opposition also have an extra somewhere else. I don’t have a problem with Noble being dropped because they know more than we do but the fact that two other defenders are also unavailable makes the decision a little more perplexing.
Probably the best way to get an idea of what the club is looking for from a dropped player, is to look at his role in the seconds. It will be interesting to get the feedback regarding Nobles position and role in the VFL ( assuming he’s not medical sub )
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:05 pm

mattdally wrote:

Look forward to seeing the ball trapped inside Brisbane's F50 for at least 80% of game time.

Exactly who is going to generate the run from defence, if Maynard has to sit on Cameron all night?

alexjvillani Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:49 pm

Plus no IQ makes it easier obviously Very Happy
Looking forward to Madgen sprinting out with it.

Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:56 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:
Is Noble out of contract?

Just asking because if so, maybe he’s on his way out and possibly has played his last game for the Pies?

Surprised he’s been left out. There must be a reason.

I’m guessing he simply hadn’t executed his ( modified ) role as well as they would have liked in the last couple weeks.
It’s hard to observe when you aren’t at the ground but it looks like he has been playing as an extra in defence in recent times as opposed to hanging onto a direct opponent. It looked like the club had settled on the back six, particularly with Howe back, so they gave Noble a different role. He’s not strong in the contest but using his run out out of the backline makes sense. The problem is, if you’re going to play as an extra, you need to have a major impact in the game because obviously the opposition also have an extra somewhere else. I don’t have a problem with Noble being dropped because they know more than we do but the fact that two other defenders are also unavailable makes the decision a little more perplexing.
Probably the best way to get an idea of what the club is looking for from a dropped player, is to look at his role in the seconds. It will be interesting to get the feedback regarding Nobles position and role in the VFL ( assuming he’s not medical sub )

It appeared that Noble was moved to HFF in the last week or so. I'm not sure he acquitted himself as well as he has on the HBF and perhaps the club is looking at the last few rounds to 'throw the magnets around' to see what sticks - ala Ruscoe to the backline....

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:20 pm

piedys wrote:
mattdally wrote:

Look forward to seeing the ball trapped inside Brisbane's F50 for at least 80% of game time.

Exactly who is going to generate the run from defence, if Maynard has to sit on Cameron all night?

That is the question I have been asking myself, since finding out that IQ was unwell, and Noble was omitted. I can't see how we will get the ball out from Brisbane's F50, or if we do, it will be moving at the speed of a Queensland slug.

58pie 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:29 pm

Noble probably join his Dad at North and Cox to GWS to replace Mumford . No need to win the last 2 games and Harvs doing as he is told. Something stinks at Magpieland and it ain't the supporters. New coach should not be appointed till after AGM. GO PIES is getting hard to say.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:39 pm

Not upset about Noble missing.
We have tried throughout Buckley's coaching career and now extended into Harvey's to get this type of player into the team.
It just hasn't worked.
Noble, Sinclair, Ben Kennedy, Aish, Marty Clarke, Jackson Ramsey, Sam Dwyer, Jordan Russell, Sam Murray, Adam Oxley.
All not up to AFL standard.

Last edited by mattdally on Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:41 pm

I must say, I'm a little disappointed that Murphy has not taken more of his opportunities this year. I think this is his 4th year, and although he has had a history of injuries, I was hoping he would step right up this year and become a best 22 player by now. Already, Ruscoe and Wilson seem to have passed him in the queue. That said, I guess he may find himself up for trade.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:32 pm

Noble has been a great player this year.
It will be interesting to see how he polls in the copeland.
He will pick up votes in the brownlow
He made 2 bad mistakes last week.
But Grundy made more.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:32 pm

Noble has been a great player this year.
It will be interesting to see how he polls in the copeland.
He will pick up votes in the brownlow
He made 2 bad mistakes last week.
But Grundy made more.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:46 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I must say, I'm a little disappointed that Murphy has not taken more of his opportunities this year. I think this is his 4th year, and although he has had a history of injuries, I was hoping he would step right up this year and become a best 22 player by now. Already, Ruscoe and Wilson seem to have passed him in the queue. That said, I guess he may find himself up for trade.

Murphy doesn't have a position. Do you play him in front of the ball or behind the ball. Can he play as a KPP or only as a flanker? That's the problem. It's up to our next coach to find out where to play him. Once he settles on a position Murphy is going to be a very good player for us.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:11 pm

We’ve all got our Murphy theories. Personally, I don’t think he plays that differently to Chris Mayne who cops a lot of criticism from some.
He doesn’t get a lot of the ball ( Mayne gets more ) and he has no creativity in his play. He’s not a long penetrating kick but he is safe and too courageous for his own good.
He’s remains a canvas but we won’t know until next year under a new coach whether he’s got improvement in him or whether he’s reached his ceiling.
Physically, I reckon you would either prefer him a fraction shorter but a yard quicker or a couple inches taller at the same pace.

Last edited by Pies2016 on Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:12 pm

I certainly hope you are right MBFC. One thing I love about Murphy is his courage.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: