Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Hawks . All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
58pie 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Like to see Cameron go back and Cox come in for the last 2 games until Moore comes back. Out Madgen and Thomas with Sier given one last chance. Daics to come in who we have missed. Will barrack for Treloar for the rest of the season and hope this board removes itself and never hear Ned Guys name again. Go Pies
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:13 pm

I question why we have to blame Harvey when we lose and Buckley when we win. Basically it’s much of a muchness watching a score line of 8 goals to Hawthorn and 5 goals to us if Buckley was coaching and today’s score line of 14 goals to 11 with Harvey coaching the team. I’m watching the Essendon game now on the TV. They have a spine. We don’t. Madgen at CHB? Seriously? Mihocek at CHF and the resting ruckman in Cameron at FF? Seriously? I’m not really questioning our selection today because Moore is out injured and Kelly is just returning from injury. But it emphasizes that a physically stronger team in Hawthorn is going to out maul us and make us look second rate which is what happened today. This team has a future but it’s going to have to rely on untried rookies in Ash Johnson, Begg, McMahon, the two Irishmen and Kelly to add the spine we need to compete against the physically stronger teams.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:14 pm

We went into that game with last weeks plan and couldn’t adjust to a better drilled team. Not Harvey’s fault really, he hasn’t had any real longevity to turn things around with this mob of players who for the life of me are mostly and have been for a freakin eternity putting in flaky at best performances.
We need leadership from players like Sidebottom and Grundy. They have coasted on the back of other leaders who do the fundamentals week in week out. It’s a shocking truth. when we need our senior players to stand up and be counted for, to lead the way for our young lads to feed off and be inspired by they just wilt at every chance in accountability. Shoot me down I don’t give a f&@k. But when we’re this young and we’re down on our real leaders such as pendels and moore these two put up a performance like that!
Granted there not leaders of young men but your needed atm.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:14 pm

As I said I’ve had to radio follow the game. Watching Dogs v Bummers and the Dogs are struggling to beat Bummers

Based on their form and ours we will struggle last round

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:17 pm

The way we play footy right now is a very bruise free, keepings-off style. We have to do this because we have too many young, small, inexperienced players on our list. Too many 1st, 2nd and 3rd year players that are not physically ready or prepared or have the physical attributes to use their bodies in a way that creates pressure and turnovers. When a team puts us under physical pressure we fumble, we go backwards, we scramble, we panic, we make poor decisions and we turn the ball over. Hawthorn destroyed us on the turnovers with their constricting pressure. We can't stand up to it, full stop. Last week was a walk in the park, nothing like how footy should be played.

We have a long way to go.

MONCO: Your life.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:23 pm

Final margin flattered us. We were smashed when it mattered.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:24 pm

Yep we looked young and raw today and lacked direction. To be honest it could have been worse.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Stinga 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:35 pm

mudlark wrote:
Ground hog day again. Mitchell has his standard 45 without a hand laid on him. We lost by 3 goals. Thomas misses a sitter on the 3/4 time bell WHE doesn’t make the distance from 35. McCreery does all the hard work and could have gone all the way but decided a banana on the run would look better on the highlight reel , a Cameron wouldn’t have a go from the boundary from 30. There’s 4 and we must have turned it over 30 times missing easy targets with little to no pressure. How Thomas gets a game is beyond me and Mihocek has let us down again with a one touch first half and not much better in the 2nd. Pretty disappointed. And how could I forget that disgraceful handball y Sidebottom which resulted in a goal. We beat ourselves.

Spot on Mudlark, whatever chances we had we absolutely butchered. Add to that we had no effort or intensity most of the day. Usually can't question their efforts but today they just looked like they didn't care - even the usual hard nuts just plodded along.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:43 pm

Went to do the votes but just couldn’t think of a real decent stand out. Crisp was solid but far from a 5 vote game. JDG looked good early, thought he worked tear apart but seemed to lack second efforts and general interest. Grundy it’s frustrating as hell.
Was harsh on Henry. There’s enough there to think he can be an important cog in our fwd line. Pretty flat TBH.
I do have concerns about the kids. There’s no Pendles there in that it was obvious he was going to be a gun since game 1. I guess Nick will be that player.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:51 pm

Season was long over before today’s debacle, as if Clarko’s gonna come to us!
He needs his head read if he does!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:59 pm

They all need a Massive Kick up the ass after that Disgraceful Effort.

Hardly Trying and Skills are not even up to Auskick Level

Hope Madgen and Thomas never play for Collingwood AFL team again

I do no longer Care IF we Finish last or not.

Players seem not to Care

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:09 pm

<Snip>
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:18 pm

It coulda been better, it coulda been worse. Cool
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:21 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
It coulda been better, it coulda been worse. Cool

Could it have been worse?

When you are bottom 4 team and then get systematically dismantled by a team below you on the ladder. So much so, that the game is effectively over early in the 3rd quarter when you trail by 7 goals.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:28 pm

think better wrote:
Ginnivan seems to have a head people like to tackle - I can't work out if he has the Joel Selwood drop the knees ability or just receives lots of head high tackles

Its in his U18 bio as a player who has an uncanny ability to draw free kicks.
It’s a gift. He knows when to show his back to an oncoming tackler or win the ball and go in low around the pack. He doesn’t need much of the ball to hit the scoreboard and has a heap of footy smarts. A very good rookie selection.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: