Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A Grundy thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

qldmagpie67 wrote:
The part where he completely lost me was after he signed that deal he comments “ I won’t be defined by what happens on a AFL field”

Is that an actual quote? Sounds more like what Buckley said about never winning a flag in his career

This post-match interview was after our 1 point loss to Brisbane in round 3 last year - doesn't sound like a guy who 'doesn't care about winning' to me:

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/895039/post-match-brodie-grundy

Last edited by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 on Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:34 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Quincy wrote:
Brodie is his own man.

I think you are right but I wonder if this helps or hurts Collingwood 🥺 There are times he plays like he doesn’t give a shit and at other times, he can be bloody awesome and right up there among the two or three best ruckman in the league. I find this infuriating and frustrating and I hope the new coaches give him a kick up the arse if he is not fully tuned into playing well and with some passion. I wanted him to be sent to SA during his spat about the contract extension and TBH, at times last season I wished they did. If he is not fully committed to playing top shelf football at this stage of his career, he never will, and that will go down as yet another error in not sending him packing. I will watch him and judge him very harshly if he doesn’t pull his weight.

Lazza fully agree
I said at the time it was too much money for a player who isn’t a match winner
When you consider he’s not even the best ruck man in the game the decision is mind blowing
The part where he completely lost me was after he signed that deal he comments “ I won’t be defined by what happens on a AFL field”
The answer was in regards to the 2018 premiership loss
For a guy just handed a kings ransom you would have thought he would have been something more positive
I think his non selection in the leadership group says a lot about his character and the way his team mates view him

Just want to say I agree with the comments above.
What has annoyed me about him was that once he landed his big contact, his overall performance level went down quite a few rungs, especially in regards to his level of determination and giving a shit as Lazza described it. Smile
At the same time, another player who gave his heart and soul every time he went out on the ground was booted out the door, due in part to Grundy being paid overs.
Another example of the "side by side" Collingwood spirit being eroded away.
Wonka 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:35 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Quincy wrote:
Brodie is his own man.

I think you are right but I wonder if this helps or hurts Collingwood 🥺 There are times he plays like he doesn’t give a shit and at other times, he can be bloody awesome and right up there among the two or three best ruckman in the league. I find this infuriating and frustrating and I hope the new coaches give him a kick up the arse if he is not fully tuned into playing well and with some passion. I wanted him to be sent to SA during his spat about the contract extension and TBH, at times last season I wished they did. If he is not fully committed to playing top shelf football at this stage of his career, he never will, and that will go down as yet another error in not sending him packing. I will watch him and judge him very harshly if he doesn’t pull his weight.

Lazza fully agree
I said at the time it was too much money for a player who isn’t a match winner
When you consider he’s not even the best ruck man in the game the decision is mind blowing
The answer was in regards to the 2018 premiership loss
For a guy just handed a kings ransom you would have thought he would have been something more positive
I think his non selection in the leadership group says a lot about his character and the way his team mates view him

If I were one of Brodie Grundy's teammates, I would have felt insulted by the statements he has made to the media with regards to needing to get away from the club and his teammates, as if he believes he is too good for them, and too good for football too.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:47 pm

I would hope our players have got better things to do with their time than get insulted over imagined slights
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:54 pm

Nothing a third best and fairest won’t fix.
#26 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:51 pm

Mick McGuane ranked the AFL midfields in today's Herald sun. He ranked ours 11th. However he echoed what Darcy Moore said on Friday night about Brody Grundy having a ripping pre season and being as fit as he's ever been.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39
Page 39 of 39   

Jump to: