Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A Grundy thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

K wrote:

You started talkin' 'bout StK:

Cool, now you’re doing Arnold from Different Strokes

I can’t be bothered replying to the rest, sorry. For starters I’d have to read it first

We’ll see next season if Grundy gets back to his 2018 form. If he doesn’t, well… it’s going to be a long year, in more ways than one

AJ 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:09 am

Take note , Brody; https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/carlton-blues/afl-2022-sam-walsh-resigns-with-carlton-blues-contract-extension-how-much-is-he-paid-announcement/news-story/25550cbdc94cb1f25071d08f12645582?fbclid=IwAR1mN0juwOwvPoFoKZ_7C_Za_sXPNuXxQXPtxrn7BrnlkKk7XikD_DDcY14
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:36 pm

Carlton being the renowned salary cheats that they are, I'm sure he will be taken care of in other ways...
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:32 pm

lol what is Grundy supposed to take note of exactly… that a 21yo at a club that hasn’t won a final since 2013 is on 85% of his salary? Very Happy Very Happy
AJ 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:17 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
lol what is Grundy supposed to take note of exactly… that a 21yo at a club that hasn’t won a final since 2013 is on 85% of his salary? Very Happy Very Happy

The selflessness of the blues compared to our money hungry players.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:00 pm

That’s not how you spell selfishness… the Blues have multiple players on overs who are delivering very little
#26 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:50 pm

I was just going through the playing list. Can't believe Brodie is going to be 28 in April. Where does the time go?
Also noticed that Darcy Cameron is 2cms taller than him at 204cm.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:07 am

AJ wrote:
Take note , Brody; https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/carlton-blues/afl-2022-sam-walsh-resigns-with-carlton-blues-contract-extension-how-much-is-he-paid-announcement/news-story/25550cbdc94cb1f25071d08f12645582?fbclid=IwAR1mN0juwOwvPoFoKZ_7C_Za_sXPNuXxQXPtxrn7BrnlkKk7XikD_DDcY14

Great article, should get DeGoey to read it too

AJ 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:19 am

Very interesting he didn’t make the leadership group despite being our highest paid player.
Boot 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:30 am

Yes, it is a bit strange that Brody Grundy hasn't been included in the leadership group at Collingwood. Given his age and experience I would hve thought he was in his prime years to start to take on a leadership role at the club and I saw some video's where he was involved with welcoming the newly drafted South Australian's to the club at an Adelaide function last November.
Perhaps Grundy's personality is less likely to be able to carry others forward and he works best by simply concentrating on his own game. Clearly Moore, Adams & Howe are reknown for their encouragement of teamates and voice on the ground during games.

DT 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:47 pm

Grundy needs to become more selfless but I am seeing positive signs under Macrae
Quincy 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:01 pm

Brodie is his own man.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:23 pm

He needs to focus on getting his 2018-2019 form back, not be distracted by being part of the leadership group
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:27 pm

Quincy wrote:
Brodie is his own man.

I think you are right but I wonder if this helps or hurts Collingwood 🥺 There are times he plays like he doesn’t give a shit and at other times, he can be bloody awesome and right up there among the two or three best ruckman in the league. I find this infuriating and frustrating and I hope the new coaches give him a kick up the arse if he is not fully tuned into playing well and with some passion. I wanted him to be sent to SA during his spat about the contract extension and TBH, at times last season I wished they did. If he is not fully committed to playing top shelf football at this stage of his career, he never will, and that will go down as yet another error in not sending him packing. I will watch him and judge him very harshly if he doesn’t pull his weight.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:23 am

Lazza wrote:
Quincy wrote:
Brodie is his own man.

I think you are right but I wonder if this helps or hurts Collingwood 🥺 There are times he plays like he doesn’t give a shit and at other times, he can be bloody awesome and right up there among the two or three best ruckman in the league. I find this infuriating and frustrating and I hope the new coaches give him a kick up the arse if he is not fully tuned into playing well and with some passion. I wanted him to be sent to SA during his spat about the contract extension and TBH, at times last season I wished they did. If he is not fully committed to playing top shelf football at this stage of his career, he never will, and that will go down as yet another error in not sending him packing. I will watch him and judge him very harshly if he doesn’t pull his weight.

Lazza fully agree
I said at the time it was too much money for a player who isn’t a match winner
When you consider he’s not even the best ruck man in the game the decision is mind blowing
The part where he completely lost me was after he signed that deal he comments “ I won’t be defined by what happens on a AFL field”
The answer was in regards to the 2018 premiership loss
For a guy just handed a kings ransom you would have thought he would have been something more positive
I think his non selection in the leadership group says a lot about his character and the way his team mates view him
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 38 of 39   

Jump to: