Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A Grundy thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=5&playerStatus2=A&tid2=8&type=T&pid1=3812&pid2=6345&fid1=S&fid2=S

186 hitouts to 29. If Grundy was hitting it to Bontempelli instead of Adams, the story would be a different one.

Grundy still ragdolls English. It's just that Grundy doesn't play for a competent team anymore.

We seem to agree on that point, because you are correct, it would be the Bont with a stuffed knee and not Adams.

I haven't seen Grundy's contract but the KPI's must be heavily skewed in favour of ragdolling and not kicking and marking.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:42 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Well, I agree we can't afford him. He's the 6th-best mid at the Bulldogs. I wonder whether they pay, eg, Liberatore, Dunkley, MacRae, Bontempelli $900,000 a year?

No, they don't.
Like us, they don't have a player that is that valuable.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:54 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Grundy still ragdolls English. It's just that Grundy doesn't play for a competent team anymore.

Grundy is part of that incompetence.

English can take a contested mark. We saw that this weekend against Brisbane. That means he can play forward and kick goals. I can't remember ever seeing Grundy take a truly contested mark. That means he cannot play forward. (And when he took a rare lead-up mark against Brisbane, he missed the set shot.)

As for ragdolling... Pittonet ragdolled Grundy to take a mark I50, luckily for us missing the set shot. The coaches should instruct Grundy in D50 to go for the ball and punch. If he goes for a contested mark, he won't succeed, and he might just give up a goal.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:59 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Well, I agree we can't afford him. He's the 6th-best mid at the Bulldogs. I wonder whether they pay, eg, Liberatore, Dunkley, MacRae, Bontempelli $900,000 a year?

No, they don't.

In fact, Bontempelli's present contract is between $950,000 and $1,000,000, so Treloar isn't their highest-paid player.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:03 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

No, they don't.

In fact, Bontempelli's present contract is between $950,000 and $1,000,000, so Treloar isn't their highest-paid player.

I will bow to your better knowledge.
They must make savings by paying market rates for their ruckmen.
Rosolino_Leone 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:09 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
There’s obviously a very good reason that Collingwood never plays Grundy up forward...

Because He cant take an Un-contested mark

Let alone a Contested one

Rosolino_Leone 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:12 pm

^
I cant believe its not Butter Grundy

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:53 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

No, they don't.

I will bow to your better knowledge.
They must make savings by paying market rates for their ruckmen.

Possibly - but then, they play 2. Laughing Perhaps they don't overpay a useless full-forward. When was the last time one of ours kicked 10 goals in a game?
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:53 pm

Said last year that I would trade Grundy for English in a heart beat.
Posters like P4S laughed at this.
Funny how a number of football scribes seem to be coming around to this.
And I stand by my prediction that English has a great chance of wining the brownlow in a few years time
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:15 pm

I don’t recall laughing. I do recall thinking it was errant nonsense. It still is.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:22 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
I don’t recall laughing. I do recall thinking it was errant nonsense. It still is.

The tide is going out on Grundy and the tide is rising for English.
We will wait and see who is correct.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:01 pm

My message to Grundy:

You have the long term deal you wanted. We could have traded you to Adelaide who were coming hard. We wanted you here. There's going to be a lot of people that will say we've done the wrong thing here. 7 years is a long time in footy. But you got the deal and you're going to be a Pie for life. That is unless the club pulls another Treloar.

Time to get off the social media. Focus on your game and bring back the faith that so many people have in you. And there's still a lot of people that believe in you.

Other ruckmen are starting to step up around the league. None of them will be on the same kind of deal. People are going to get angry. This is something you're going to have to deal with. No one expects you to win Brownlows and multiple Grand Finals off your own boot. But you are going to need to stand up. And Collingwood supporters are growing inpatient. We really go through hell as supporters. We go through the angst and pain that this club goes through. We suffer so much more than many realise; when a player does something stupid outside of footy, when the president says something stupid in the media, when the team is going through hard times, when we constantly have to stand up for the club and it's players.....

And we get very little in return. But here we are. Still here. Premierships aren't just handed out, we know this. But unless you're over 70 years old, you have seen just 2 flags. And a hell of a lot of close calls. We deserve so much more.

We dont get paid to be here, we pay to be a part of this club. And again, we get very little in return. We get very little from the membership department. And we get our hearts broken yearly.

Pendlebury will be handing over the captaincy in the coming seasons. Possibly at the end of this season. Are you the right man to take over as the leader of this club? It's not unheard of to have a ruckman as captain; there's a few going around right now.

I believe you can do it. You're about to turn 27. You still have your best football in front of you. But you're going to have to find something soon. It's time to stand up and forget about the off field issues. Forget about the social media. Forget about what people are saying. And just put it all out there on the field.

Big T 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:23 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

No, they don't.

So would u take Grundy or Bontempelli?

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:48 am

The Grundy of 2017/18/19 was a sight to behold
His work rate and second third efforts made him a prized signature for any club
You don’t loss your ability over night but you do loss you desire for whatever reason
With Foxsports naming him as a disgruntled player unhappy with Buckley there’s obviously a issue there among the group and like everyone I’m assuming it involves the departure of Treloar
Whilst P4S won’t like it Treloar was in our best 5 players most weeks over the same period of time
I could post up several stats showing he was at least as effective in his disposal as many of his midfield team mates and that’s after being played as a inside mid when he’s clearly a outside mid
I understood the Stephenson trade if half rhe rumours are true if his behaviour sacking him was the only course of action to take

I decided to go have a look at the post match interactions between the players and Treloar
Grundy hugged and laughed with him for a couple minutes
It was obvious there relationship was close
If a key plank in our team isn’t on board with the coach or the club we have massive issues deeper than I assumed

Grundy is a different cat he doesn’t live and breathe football that’s a known fact
But when you accept the contract he did it comes with high expectations on performances
Right now he isn’t living up to his contract size
And no matter how P4S wants to spin it he’s form is off for whatever reason
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:03 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
The Grundy of 2017/18/19 was a sight to behold
His work rate and second third efforts made him a prized signature for any club
You don’t loss your ability over night but you do loss you desire for whatever reason ......

If a key plank in our team isn’t on board with the coach or the club we have massive issues deeper than I assumed

Grundy is a different cat he doesn’t live and breathe football that’s a known fact
But when you accept the contract he did it comes with high expectations on performances
Right now he isn’t living up to his contract size
And no matter how P4S wants to spin it he’s form is off for whatever reason

Excellent post qldmagpie!!!!

If Grundy is experiencing discontent with the coach, he also needs to consider how that is affecting his connection to other leaders in the team like Pendles and Adams, who still appear to be loyal to Bucks and think about how it erodes team harmony in general. It's not all about him. Rolling Eyes For the money he's on, he just needs to shut up, do his job to the best of his ability and show some leadership for the team.

Similarly for all the players. Surely it's dawning on them that the end is nigh for Bucks. If some of them are finding it difficult to play for Bucks, fair enough, that's understandable
after the trade period fiasco. We wouldn't be easy to perform at your best, when you've lost faith in your leader and the wins are hard to come by.

But they are professional Collingwood footballers. They need to play for each other and their supporters, do their utmost to get their team through these rough times and earn their pay packets. Suck it up and show some fibre!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 13 of 39   

Jump to: