Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A Grundy thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 37, 38, 39  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ The statistics show that Grundy has had no more free kicks paid against him in the last season than at any other time in his career. The umpires are paying him slightly more frees than in the past. The figures are (using averages per game): career - 1.74 for, 1.71 against; 2020 - 2.26 for, 1.47 against. On the raw numbers, it was 53 for/47 against in 2019 and 43 for/28 against in 2020.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:16 am

Can't begrudge him for squeezing every penny he can, you gotta take it while you can get it at the pies, just ask Adam! Anyone see that Herald sun interview with his missus?

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:56 pm

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Can't begrudge him for squeezing every penny he can, you gotta take it while you can get it at the pies, just ask Adam! Anyone see that Herald sun interview with his missus?

Yeah just read it. Really brings back bitter memories and anger in my mind about how we jettisoned Adz. According to her, the concerns expressed by Collingwood about Adz ability to perform while separated from his family were lies to cover up our salary cap incompetence. This attempt to blame Revaillon for pursuing her basketball career caused tremendous stress for both her and Treloar.
We can only hope that such disloyalty shown by the club towards Adz has not damaged the cohesiveness of our playing group.

K 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:51 pm

‘No reprieve’: How hub life got the better of Grundy

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/no-reprieve-how-hub-life-got-the-better-of-grundy-20210311-p579pg.html

"To spend time with the Collingwood ruckman is to realise that there is much more to the man than football. Sure he has hobbies and interests: red wine, travel, surfing and has recently started an MBA after finishing a health sciences degree at the end of last year.

He can at least laugh that his 2020 dip didn’t come during his monster seven-year contract extension signed early last year.

“With regard to the contract, I can’t feel guilty because I was still on my old contract last year,” he said.

Grundy couldn’t escape the hub quickly enough. Overseas travel remained an impossibility but the South Australian could do the next best thing. He went with his mum ... to the Red Centre."

[I reckon he should probably not make jokes about his contract... Shocked

And I laugh that our society regards "red wine" as a hobby or interest.]
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:50 pm

Getting $1M a season and at the end he implies there’s more to his career being a success than winning a flag.....
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:14 pm

I celebrated when Grundy extended his contract. A player of his position is rare, so to have one of the best rucks in the competition is always beneficial.

His comments about not defining himself around being a premiership player or not are a little disheartening. If you're not striving for the ultimate success, you may as well pack up and go home.

Last year was poor, but considering the circumstances I'm willing to write it off as an abberation. Hopefully he recaptures his best form this year.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:56 pm

Guess he comes the New Whipping Boy and nothing he can do can stop people sooking about him Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:31 pm

Lazza wrote:
Target me but Grundy is a mercenary. However I couldn’t care how much he gets as long as he helps to bring us a premiership. This apathy is conditional. My confidence in this objective being achieved is waning. I can honestly only hope that we have ultimate success in the next two years but not bet my life on it.

Comrade, nearly ALL AFL big name players are now over paid prima donnas, thats how it goes now, that comes with the territory nowdays, thats the way it is at all Clubs. Confused Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:54 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Target me but Grundy is a mercenary. However I couldn’t care how much he gets as long as he helps to bring us a premiership. This apathy is conditional. My confidence in this objective being achieved is waning. I can honestly only hope that we have ultimate success in the next two years but not bet my life on it.

Comrade, nearly ALL AFL big name players are now over paid prima donnas, thats how it goes now, that comes with the territory nowdays, thats the way it is at all Clubs. Confused Surprised

It's what the players and the AFLPA wanted with free agency. Wont be long before we have more than half the list turned over every year like it is in US sports.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:06 pm

^ That's quite possibly true - but Thor is coming up for his 9th season in a row at Collingwood and has already played as many games for us as Ricky Barham did and more than, eg, Ray Shaw, Darren Millane and James Clement. When he plays in round 1, he will equal Bob Rose and Mick McGuane's games for us. It isn't like he hasn't turned up and put in.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:48 pm

I’m happy to judge a player by his actions rather than his comments.
If any player knows in his heart of hearts that he’s given it his best shot and still didn’t leave the game with a premiership medal, why should only a flag be what ultimately defines him.
Not everyone leaves the game with a flag. If it was that easy, we’d all be doing it.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:56 pm

Great deserving players like Trevor Barker, Bobby Skilton and Robbie Flower, among tons of others, never won a Brownlow medal. Unbelievable 🥺
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:06 pm

Lazza wrote:
Great deserving players like Trevor Barker, Bobby Skilton and Robbie Flower, among tons of others, never won a Brownlow medal. Unbelievable 🥺

Pretty sure you mean premiership medal.
Between the those three alone, they won three brownlows in total 😉
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:32 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Lazza wrote:

Pretty sure you mean premiership medal.
Between the those three alone, they won three brownlows in total 😉

Yeah thanks for the correction ☺️ Getting old mate 😉

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:50 pm

It would be closer to the mark to say that two of them never won a final, let alone a premiership medal. Luckily for Flower, Melbourne weren't their useless completely hopeless selves at the end of his career and he got to kick a few goals in finals (but not, of course, in the Preliminary Final, when it really mattered).

Skilton, of course, was a wonderful player. It's a pity he didn't ever play for a good team. I remember listening to that 1970 first-semi against St Kilda and hoping like hell that Skilts would be on the winning team. They weren't even close - but he was one of their best handful on the day (along with Stevey Hoffman and Peter Bedford, IIRC - but then it's over 50 years ago, now).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 2 of 39   

Jump to: