Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Port overpowers Pies. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Team that was out there that was a Pretty Good Effort. The Chance of us winning Pretty Much went went Pendles went down Injured.

The Commentating and Umpiring was it's Usual Atrocious Self

With the Young Side we where as Expected we had some Very Good Passages and Patches along with some Terrible Ones but Lot to Work With.

Kids Showed Signs:

Poulter - Another Good Game and Uses the Ball mostly very well

Ginnivan - Did not get many Touches but when he was near the ball felt something would happen. Used it well too. Keep Playing Him

Henry - Looks like he Feels like he Belongs out there. Kicked 2 should of Kicked 3. Took some Strong Marks and used it well

Macrare - Can Find the Football and Keeps Trying. Disposal could be a bit better but keep playing him

Bianco - Again very Classy Ball user most of the time

Ruscoe - Good Solid Game

Quyanor - Better then last week but still seems bit down on Form where he was a few weeks back

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:10 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
Crucified by the umpires. Good signs from Henry, McRae, Ruscoe and Bianco.

Good to not get totally blown away.

Never expected to win.

Picking Cox as the sub should be enough to put a line through Harvey.

Agree about the future positive signs, McCrae really got involved physically, which will boost his confidence no end. Ruscoe is looking good. I am looking further than his bad 2nd quarter: he bounced back and helped hold the defence together tonight.
Henry showed why we recruited him: brilliant game from him tonight.
Poulter provided good exiting options out of defence, and laid a few great tackles.
Bianco was quiet, but had flashes of brilliance.
TBH, with Pendles out after 15 min and Tay injured, it was all on our young guys, and i was impressed with their second half.
I thought Grundy was good throughout.
Tohill had a baptism of fire, but survived. He plays next week,
Selecting Cox as the sub was indeed diabolical. Having all 3 talls concentrated in the forward line damaged team balance. We would have benefited much more from another mid coming on.
My main disappointment from this game was JDG. I thought if ever there was an important time to lift, this was it. But he only began to lift when the kids showed him how. It should be the other way around. Tonight, JDG appeared to ride on team momentum, rather than striving himself to be an initiator of momentum. You would have to expect more from him than that.

Collingwouldn't 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:10 pm

Big T wrote:
Grundy works his ass off. He needs to adjust his ruckwork for sure. Eg in the last he grabbed and kicked immediately from ball up, do this more, be more unpredictable. But he got raped by the umps and never gave up and his work ethic was excellent. His game was fine.
"Raped"??? Jesus, Man, it's 2021.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:13 pm

By the way, a shout out to Jack Madgen. Great game from him, i thought.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:14 pm

Decent effort considering who was on the park and the fact that they kicked 6 in a row in the middle part of the game. I don’t mind the way we tried to go through the middle and move it a bit quicker, despite the turnovers. The more these kids play together the better they will know where the ball is going.

Cox to me seems done and I think we should promote Lynch before him in the last few games.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:16 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Well Port beat a half AFL half VFL side with a lot of help from the umpires,so nothing to get excited about for them.Sadly,I think Sidebottom is finished.I’d be surprised if he played on next year.He just doesn’t seem to have his heart in it,and hasn’t since he went walkabout last year .

What game were you watching? 7 clearances, 26 disposals and 10 score involvements playing as an inside mid to cover for the injured captain, including being forced to play as a defensive mid against Wines.

So, if I said to you that Sidebottom was involved in every second Collingwood score, I would be wrong. Because he was involved in more than that.

Good grief.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:17 pm

Jezza wrote:
Considering the little expectation of us winning tonight, thought we gave a good account of ourselves and saw a glimpse of the future.

​It would have been easy for the young players to throw in the towel especially once Pendles went down, but they fought it out reasonably well.

​Henry shows a lot of promise. Reads the play well and can take a mark. Might be a rising star nominee this week.

Ruscoe maintaining his good form down back.

​Umpiring was one of the worst I’ve seen in a long time. Every time we had momentum, they gave Port a leg up.

Correct on all counts as usual Jezza.

if Power Puffs think they are winning the flag, they are totally delusional.

We were for all intents and purposes f@cked as soon as Pendles went off.
Numpty Harvey's bewildering decision to nominate Cox as injury sub robbed us of a midfielder such as Sier, when we got flogged at the coal face.

Roughie did a great job on cocaine Charlie, a talentless shit who cannot take a mark without illegally pushing his opponent out of contest.

Kudos to the backline, who busted their arses again, quarter after quarter, repelling countless Port/umpire I50 entries, while our downhill skiing midfield and forwards coughed the ball up with sheer and utter ineptitude.

Gotta lol at Sidebutcher in final term, we get within 8 points, then this dickhead decides he is having a snap at goal in a tackle, instead of farming pill off to a free team mate; ball slingshots up other end for goal, and game is over. Unbelievable selfishness, which slaughtered our momentum.

But we aren't getting kicked off the park, and need to ensure this sort of effort is produced each week until our season ends; which can't come soon enough for my liking.

I really want to steal Caddy from Tigers now; we needed hard arse big body like his tonight, as many of our lighter framed players got pushed off ball way too easily. Pepper Pig did as he pleased.

And that Lycett is low f@cken dog of a thing isn't he? The 2018GF flashbacks I get whenever I see him poncing around make me vomit in my mouth.
Needs his jaw broken, just like Finlayson from GWS.

So let's not beat around the bush, and get to these f@cking slags of umpires shall we?
Umpires: Brett Rosebury ( 8 ), Andrew Stephens (12), Paul Rebeschini (31)

Rosebury is a bonafide Collingwood hating lump of shit on legs, but the other two arsewipes left him for dead in their tracks tonight.
Stephens is an annoying little TURD, and the maggot equivalent of little-boy Hudson in commentary box. I feel sick in the guts when he is near any of our contested ball decisions; I didn't see him give us one free all night.
But it was Rebeschini who stood tall fort Power Puffs whenever we rallied, and the game was in the balance. Pulling frees out of his useless are, like a magician conjuring rabbits from a hat.
The ones against Grundy were simply beyond a joke. Criminal.
When was the last time you saw this many charity frees in front of goal.
If this game had been played at Victoria Park in the 80s or 90s, there would have been an after siren riot to rival the great invasion of 1986.
And rightly so.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:24 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Well Port beat a half AFL half VFL side with a lot of help from the umpires,so nothing to get excited about for them.Sadly,I think Sidebottom is finished.I’d be surprised if he played on next year.He just doesn’t seem to have his heart in it,and hasn’t since he went walkabout last year .

What game were you watching? 7 clearances, 26 disposals and 10 score involvements playing as an inside mid to cover for the injured captain, including being forced to play as a defensive mid against Wines.

So, if I said to you that Sidebottom was involved in every second Collingwood score, I would be wrong. Because he was involved in more than that.

Good grief.

I wanted Sidebottom dropped for this game, but he was clearly one of our best tonight. The other is Grundy. Like Adams he was crucified by the umpires. Wouldn’t surprise me if neither play next week after they were being crunched at every contest with the encouragement of the umpires.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:24 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

Good grief.

What game were you watching?You wouldn’t get 26 more ineffective possessions than he got tonight.I know it’s impossible for you to see any wrong with Sidebottom or any other player you like,which is probably only Grundy,but you do need to open that one eye of yours that seems to be permanently closed with your favourites.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:28 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
masoncox wrote:
The 3 most overrated and over paid players in the afl are in order
1.Grundy
2. Sidebottom
3 JDG
and lastly Cameron can't ruck full stop

Grundy was 1 of our Best.

Can't do everything

Anyone who watched the game fairly knows that Grundy and Sidebottom carried a team full of children tonight. 13 contested possessions each, 7 clearances each, 26 disposals apiece, Grundy had 8 score involvements and Sidebottom had 10. I cannot believe that people would bag them for their effort or their contributions. It was like sending them out to play in a Dads and Kids scratch match. People need to try to keep a little balance.

Anyway, next week, Sidebottom will become "the most overrated player in the AFL to play more games for Collingwood than Buckley." I hope they put that on the run-through banner.

At some stage, some of you people need to give up your carping. These guys are all-time Collingwood greats, playing through a tough season with not much grown-up help.

I dont often agree with all you say, but you are pretty correct here, on all points. Yeh, team of a lot of kids, kids with great potential, but still kids, it takes time and patience, but it will come. I see some tremendous signs in our kids, im excited, Jonathan Brown reckons we are truly on the right path, the new Coach has a lot to work with. Grundy and Sidey did have a real go, yes, give them a break, losing Pendles early, stuffed us. Plus the umpiring was shocking, that big dork Dixon got away with blue murder, just criminal umpiring. Least we were not smashed, not once this season have we been, unlike most sides, even the Tigers and Eagles got smashed, not us. The future looks very good, we shall rise again, just takes time, and development from our youngsters. Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:29 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
masoncox wrote:
The 3 most overrated and over paid players in the afl are in order
1.Grundy
2. Sidebottom
3 JDG
and lastly Cameron can't ruck full stop

Grundy was 1 of our Best.

Can't do everything

Anyone who watched the game fairly knows that Grundy and Sidebottom carried a team full of children tonight. 13 contested possessions each, 7 clearances each, 26 disposals apiece, Grundy had 8 score involvements and Sidebottom had 10. I cannot believe that people would bag them for their effort or their contributions. It was like sending them out to play in a Dads and Kids scratch match. People need to try to keep a little balance.

Anyway, next week, Sidebottom will become "the most overrated player in the AFL to play more games for Collingwood than Buckley." I hope they put that on the run-through banner.

At some stage, some of you people need to give up your carping. These guys are all-time Collingwood greats, playing through a tough season with not much grown-up help.

I agree, it’s getting tedious!

I thought we would get smashed, theumps gave em at least 3 goals, so yeah,

I have to say I wish a couple of the more experienced guys triedas hard as noble, Henry, q,

Oh and go to the ball dontwait for it,how many times was it stolen because we waited for the pass! So frustrating

derkd 

WaggaPie wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

Yes, Steele looks done; has for some time now.
JDG I’d persist with unless there is a more than favourable offer. I’d hope the right choice of new coach might flick the switch upstairs!!

Never been a Madgen fan, hopeless under pressure. Has had enough exposure now to prove himself. Cox done.

Loved watching young fellas. Henry a ripper, but Irish can go back to VFL.

Wow your harsh the young blokes first game. Calling him just Irish is also a tad offensive. He has a name: Anton Tohill

People forget Jonathan Brown had 1 handball in his first game. If you had been his coach...ouch

Last edited by derkd on Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

Agree with P4S that Sidey is helping to hold the fort together right now. The commentators were taking the line of a few here on Nicks: that we should perhaps be ruthless à la Clarkson and get rid of him. TBH, maybe Clarkson blundered there, Maybe hawthorn would have done better had they retained Hodge for a year or 2. We have a plethora of youngsters coming through, Their games wont mean as much development wise unless there is a backbone there of experience and physicality from a mature body to scaffold them. And yeah, i thought Sidey was good tonight

Last edited by Magpietothemax on Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:32 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

You know
You are a Grundy Sycophant.
The trouble with Grundy is he doesn't have an impact!!!!!!!!
Like when Dixon beat him and a goal was scored.
He is a liability as a ruckman the last few years.
Love to see him on the market.
I guarantee no one and I mean no one would trade for him and pay him that massive salary,
No one and I mean no one would even consider getting Sidey.
You live in the past and continually throw up useless data to justify your beliefs.
Grundy has no connect with the midfield ...absolutely certain of that.
He is an ordinary player,
derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:33 pm

The result was about expected. But wow compared to the way the Pies were playing earlier this season. I quite enjoyed this match...the gave it a go and played with some energy. That is all asked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10   

Jump to: