Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Blues. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ The only surprising thing about that is that anyone could still seriously hold the opinion that Buckley might have done better.

Yeah, I posted the same thing in the coach’s thread. Today’s game only demonstrated that the club made the right decision in terminating Buckley’s career as Collingwood’s coach. We need a new set of eyes. We had a great win last week under Harvey, but really nothing has changed with team structures and the way we play, other than Harvey trying to find some way of playing Mason Cox in the team.
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:57 pm

I think Robert Harvey knows he wont get a FT coaching gig.

He applied for the Saints role a few seasons ago, and wasn't even a strong chance I heard.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:57 pm

Lazza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Harvey is showing he will never be a Head Coach

He was never interested in the senior coaching position DTM. He was thrust into the role due to Buckley being forced to resign by the Buckley haters.
I have always posted that changing a coach mid season will do more harm than good. Our current terrible performances vindicate what I said🙄

Totally agree! Stupid idea. I don’t think we would have lost like that under Bucks. Let’s see if we can bring him back to coach the last few games.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:00 pm

Hiss wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

He was never interested in the senior coaching position DTM. He was thrust into the role due to Buckley being forced to resign by the Buckley haters.
I have always posted that changing a coach mid season will do more harm than good. Our current terrible performances vindicate what I said🙄

Totally agree! Stupid idea. I don’t think we would have lost like that under Bucks. Let’s see if we can bring him back to coach the last few games.
Laughing
You are very funny Hiss.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:03 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

I know you you disagree with it, but it was the only thing to do when you decide not to renew the coach’s contract at the end of the season. There was no point in continuing with Nathan Buckley. The only thing you can do is to appoint an interim coach and cast out a wide net to find the best possible replacement for Nathan Buckley.

If you decide not to renew the coaches contract at the end of the season, logically why not wait till the end of the season to change the coach? Surely you can still do the searching for a new coach to take over next season during the season? I mean Clarkson knows that he will be replaced by Mitchell but still continues to coach.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:04 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Laughing
You are very funny Hiss.

Why not? With all the Board Challenge nonsense, trade fiasco, coach sacking, President resigning, bring Bucks back would be the icing on the cake for this beautiful season. They could make another movie starring Jack Thompson again just on this season alone .

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:42 pm

Also Notice our real Lack of Sticking a Tackle Today
Magpies035 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:43 pm

Still can't put in a full 4qtr effort
Too many turnovers and cheap goals to Carlton cost us.

The last quarter effort was truly dissapointing.
There are positive signs.
It jus goes to show we are missing key position roles.
Half Forward and key Half Back roles.
Moore is a star and missed but maybe key back with height that can handle the big forwards.
As for a forward we have not had one since Travis Cloke and Buckley ruined his career.

Hopefully these get rectified and with a new coach a change of gamestyle and we see change in 2022.

We have to believe..........

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:43 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Well I didn't expect that kind of capitulation... guess it doesn't matter this season. At least Henry showed some good signs early...

Not blaming Buckley?

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:48 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
warburton lad wrote:
Mindful of the laws of defamation, but wanting to air my grievances, I note the following:

Mayne won't be on the list in 2022 and therefore we can get 5 games into Tom Wilson.

Madgen is an honest broker, but does not impact on the match to a high enough degree; time to get 5 games into Keane to see if he is up to snuff..

Thomas is a compulsory 12 day out with concussion- time to get a look at Ginnivan...

Poulter is a wingman- please play him there and, yep, must play the last five games.

Sidey has been marvellous soldier over many seasons, but please play McRae for the next four games- bring Sidey back for a farewell game in Round 22 against the Dons..

If Callum Brown has a shoulder injury, he can go out for Poulter.

Give Cameron a full game in the ruck in the VFL- Bring in either Lynch or Cox to 'fatten them up for market'...

In terms of fattening up Coxy to get better market value (or even keep him ourselves), could he be given a run as a tall defender/ruckman? He's not slow and he'd be a great spoiler coming over the back, with his height and long arms. Kicking out of defensive 50 might be an issue, but he has decent handball  skills and could dish off to other defenders.

Best way to fattening him up is to never select him again

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:50 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ The only surprising thing about that is that anyone could still seriously hold the opinion that Buckley might have done better.

Classless to dance on the grave of such a great servant of the Pies.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:51 pm

Arrogant and delusional. Can’t believe what we dished up today. What a waste of opportunity.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:52 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

What a bullshit assessment. Our season was dead before he started, then Moore was out for the season. Last week we beat the reigning premiers.

I understand this is a fan forum and people are entitled to their views but fmd <Snip - let's try keep it respectful. Thanks, BBMods>.

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:57 pm

^ I think Henry is the one genuine *STAR* in the making for us. He has the right stuff. Athletic, quick, strong hands, speed, size, confidence and can kick a goal. Really looking forward to watching his progress.

Not sure on Poulter, Bianco & Kelly just yet, they have good aspects to them but also have some significant weaknesses that may count against them in time. Poulter isn't quick and has a light frame. He may be a Robert Flower, I hope so. Bianco is also not quick, a bit small and bottom heavy. His skills are good though. He may be a Greg Williams, I hope so. Will Kelly, well, he can't get a run at it yet. Ruscoe and MacReary look like blue collar types.

There is not a lot of A-Grade class coming through, but I think Henry might be the only one. It is hurting our onfield performances not having that quality youth coming through and with our ageing star output it's going to create a void for several years.

MONCO: Your life.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:58 pm

Anyone who thinks Cox can make us better or think we are better off playing him for trade wares need to disappear for a while because your going to be very disappointed.
But that’s probably why CFC is where it’s at.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8   

Jump to: