Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Blues. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

slangman wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:
How can Grundy go from brilliant in the first quarter to being beaten by Silagni in the second half?

How can the Whole Team be the Same.

Start Well and looks like they Stopped Playing and went home at Half Time

Collingwood of the last few years has had a tendency to become arrogant when they get 3+ goals up and then begin to play a Harlem Globetrotters type of game which focuses on all of the show pony aspects and totally ignores the 1%’s.
This arrogance usually allows the opposition back into the game by allowing a momentum change on the back of our inability to do the basics (usually things that are not SuperCoach points).
It is the major reason why we have struggled to put “teams away” and either win by a smaller than expected margin, or in the case of 2018 GF and today, grab defeat from the jaws of victory.
Our defenders, although very good in most advanced aspects of the game, are the biggest culprits with their inability to assess the the moments that they should punch the ball instead going for a mark.

Who can ever forget the momentum shift in the GF when 3 Collingwood players went up on the goal line and not one of them fisted the ball for a point, instead allowing it to drop down and hit the WCE players foot and going through for a goal.

Punch the freakin BALL!!!

Still blame Langdon for not punching it through. Would of gone in 5 goals to zero.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:49 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
We clearly ran out of legs in the 2nd half. Maybe I'm looking for excuses, but I thought Grundy got hit hard in the 2nd quarter and struggled after that. Adams played out the game injured too.

I agree that Sidey's time is fast drawing near. Glad to see Henry take a few marks and kick 3 goals. He has a bright future, but atm he is a one trick pony - a very good mark, but slow and not yet strong enough at the contest. He'll be much better next year.

Ruscoe looks comfortable in defence and at least always has a go and is quite good in the air.

Jeez we gifted the blues some easy goals with sloppy turnovers and stupid 50 metre penalties.

Overall, I'm not too disappointed as it's been a shit year and until we get a new coach, we are simply in a holding pattern. Let's bring in Wilson, Ginnivan and Sier next week.

Agree, spot on, just play all our kids, get games into all of em now, and yes, a holding pattern, for sure. And offer Clarkson the earth, bang his door down, as i said earlier, at least the Blues are out of the running now for him, Teague is safe now, for sure. Surprised

I’ve been saying that all along. Why are we playing Madgen who at best is a wing man, not a CHB. We should be playing Keane at CHB. Sidebottom needs to have a cold hearted look in the mirror. He’s at the crossroads. Grundy, Pendles and Adams are excused. Ruscoe, Noble, De Goey and Mayne played their guts out today. They should hold their heads up high. As for the others they should be disgusted with the way they played. They have just ended the short coaching career of the intermin coach, Robert Harvey.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:52 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
Just looking forward to Harvey saying that "We were nutted at the clearances" post-match.

We got nutted ten times over in the clearances.Our midfield was beyond woeful
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:59 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
We clearly ran out of legs in the 2nd half. Maybe I'm looking for excuses, but I thought Grundy got hit hard in the 2nd quarter and struggled after that. Adams played out the game injured too.

I agree that Sidey's time is fast drawing near. Glad to see Henry take a few marks and kick 3 goals. He has a bright future, but atm he is a one trick pony - a very good mark, but slow and not yet strong enough at the contest. He'll be much better next year.

Ruscoe looks comfortable in defence and at least always has a go and is quite good in the air.

Jeez we gifted the blues some easy goals with sloppy turnovers and stupid 50 metre penalties.

Overall, I'm not too disappointed as it's been a shit year and until we get a new coach, we are simply in a holding pattern. Let's bring in Wilson, Ginnivan and Sier next week.

Agree, spot on, just play all our kids, get games into all of em now, and yes, a holding pattern, for sure. And offer Clarkson the earth, bang his door down, as i said earlier, at least the Blues are out of the running now for him, Teague is safe now, for sure. Surprised

I’ve been saying that all along. Why are we playing Madgen who at best is a wing man, not a CHB. We should be playing Keane at CHB. Sidebottom needs to have a cold hearted look in the mirror. He’s at the crossroads. Grundy, Pendles and Adams are excused. Ruscoe, Noble, De Goey and Mayne played their guts out today. They should hold their heads up high. As for the others they should be disgusted with the way they played. They have just ended the short coaching career of the intermin coach, Robert Harvey.

IF we do get Clarko, id be OK though, for Banger to stay on as his Assistant, to advise him on the makeup of our players, thatd be ok i reckon. Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:59 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
thesoretoothsayer wrote:
Just looking forward to Harvey saying that "We were nutted at the clearances" post-match.

We got nutted ten times over in the clearances.Our midfield was beyond woeful

We got killed at the center clearances. It’s difficult to win a game of footy when your defense is continually on the back foot. Quaynor succumbed, while I thought Ruscoe and Noble were fantastic under adversity.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:01 pm

slangman said:
Quote:
Collingwood of the last few years has had a tendency to become arrogant when they get 3+ goals up and then begin to play a Harlem Globetrotters type of game which focuses on all of the show pony aspects and totally ignores the 1%’s.
This arrogance usually allows the opposition back into the game by allowing a momentum change on the back of our inability to do the basics (usually things that are not SuperCoach points).
It is the major reason why we have struggled to put “teams away” and either win by a smaller than expected margin, or in the case of 2018 GF and today, grab defeat from the jaws of victory.
Our defenders, although very good in most advanced aspects of the game, are the biggest culprits with their inability to assess the the moments that they should punch the ball instead going for a mark.

Who can ever forget the momentum shift in the GF when 3 Collingwood players went up on the goal line and not one of them fisted the ball for a point, instead allowing it to drop down and hit the WCE players foot and going through for a goal.

Punch the freakin BALL!!!

A good point well made.

Last edited by Woods on Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:02 pm

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/tears-shed-on-emotional-day-as-carlton-surge-past-collingwood/news-story/c385be83738e20f792526deb48b92aed

They were always going to peg us back, if we didn't mantain it in that 2nd qtr.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:13 pm

Harvey is showing he will never be a Head Coach
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:15 pm

shawthing wrote:
But it may well be this AFL season will be called off anyway. Swans and Giants players forced into isolation due to exposure at the rugby game. Seriously AFL call the season off.

Am I the only truly cynical poster here who thinks that if Collingwood was on top of the ladder and a red hot chance to win the flag this year, the AFL would have called the season off blaming Covid as the reason?🤔
And due to this not being the case, I expect the season to go on till the end.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:20 pm

Lazza wrote:
shawthing wrote:
But it may well be this AFL season will be called off anyway. Swans and Giants players forced into isolation due to exposure at the rugby game. Seriously AFL call the season off.

Am I the only truly cynical poster here who thinks that if Collingwood was on top of the ladder and a red hot chance to win the flag this year, the AFL would have called the season off blaming Covid as the reason?🤔
And due to this not being the case, I expect the season to go on till the end.

yes you are.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:22 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

He was never interested in the senior coaching position DTM. He was thrust into the role due to Buckley being forced to resign by the Buckley haters.
I have always posted that changing a coach mid season will do more harm than good. Our current terrible performances vindicate what I said🙄

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:29 pm

Lazza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

He was never interested in the senior coaching position DTM. He was thrust into the role due to Buckley being forced to resign by the Buckley haters.
I have always posted that changing a coach mid season will do more harm than good. Our current terrible performances vindicate what I said🙄

I know you you disagree with it, but it was the only thing to do when you decide not to renew the coach’s contract at the end of the season. There was no point in continuing with Nathan Buckley. The only thing you can do is to appoint an interim coach and cast out a wide net to find the best possible replacement for Nathan Buckley.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:38 pm

^ The only surprising thing about that is that anyone could still seriously hold the opinion that Buckley might have done better.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:40 pm

shawthing wrote:
Am I the only truly cynical poster here who thinks that if Collingwood was on top of the ladder and a red hot chance to win the flag this year, the AFL would have called the season off blaming Covid as the reason

yes you are.[/quote]

Not enough responses to make your comment right mate. At this point I’ll merely disagree with you. My experiences tell me otherwise.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:44 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
The ONLY positive, and i mean, the ONLY positive, is that the Blues will definitely not now sack Teague, and we will have now a clear run at Clarkson, bang his door down, as Dunstall said, offer him the earth. If not him, then the next best Coach available, who ever that maybe. Real Jekyll and Hyde team we are, play so well against the Tigers then one week later, serve up a shocker, like a friggin yo yo. !

Let's not be silly. There are no positives in a regrettable display like that. And, in any event, beating our pathetic rabble won't save Teague if they can get Clarkson.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: