Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Blues. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry all, my fault, I said in the pregame thread these were the ones I expected us to win therefore I would be disappointed
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:15 pm

Well I didn't expect that kind of capitulation... guess it doesn't matter this season. At least Henry showed some good signs early...

Last edited by The Boy Who Cried Wolf on Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:19 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:
How can Grundy go from brilliant in the first quarter to being beaten by Silagni in the second half?

How can the Whole Team be the Same.

Start Well and looks like they Stopped Playing and went home at Half Time

Collingwood of the last few years has had a tendency to become arrogant when they get 3+ goals up and then begin to play a Harlem Globetrotters type of game which focuses on all of the show pony aspects and totally ignores the 1%’s.
This arrogance usually allows the opposition back into the game by allowing a momentum change on the back of our inability to do the basics (usually things that are not SuperCoach points).
It is the major reason why we have struggled to put “teams away” and either win by a smaller than expected margin, or in the case of 2018 GF and today, grab defeat from the jaws of victory.
Our defenders, although very good in most advanced aspects of the game, are the biggest culprits with their inability to assess the the moments that they should punch the ball instead going for a mark.

Who can ever forget the momentum shift in the GF when 3 Collingwood players went up on the goal line and not one of them fisted the ball for a point, instead allowing it to drop down and hit the WCE players foot and going through for a goal.

Punch the freakin BALL!!!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:23 pm

The ONLY positive, and i mean, the ONLY positive, is that the Blues will definitely not now sack Teague, and we will have now a clear run at Clarkson, bang his door down, as Dunstall said, offer him the earth. If not him, then the next best Coach available, who ever that maybe. Real Jekyll and Hyde team we are, play so well against the Tigers then one week later, serve up a shocker, like a friggin yo yo. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:27 pm

We don't need another messiah
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:27 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
The ONLY positive, and i mean, the ONLY positive, is that the Blues will definitely not now sack Teague, and we will have now a clear run at Clarkson, bang his door down, as Dunstall said, offer him the earth. If not him, then the next best Coach available, who ever that maybe. Real Jekyll and Hyde team we are, play so well against the Tigers then one week later, serve up a shocker, like a friggin yo yo. !

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:29 pm

Clarkson is not a messiah, just a damn good Coach with four flags under his belt. Surprised

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:30 pm

Mindful of the laws of defamation, but wanting to air my grievances, I note the following:

Mayne won't be on the list in 2022 and therefore we can get 5 games into Tom Wilson.

Madgen is an honest broker, but does not impact on the match to a high enough degree; time to get 5 games into Keane to see if he is up to snuff..

Thomas is a compulsory 12 day out with concussion- time to get a look at Ginnivan...

Poulter is a wingman- please play him there and, yep, must play the last five games.

Sidey has been marvellous soldier over many seasons, but please play McRae for the next four games- bring Sidey back for a farewell game in Round 22 against the Dons..

If Callum Brown has a shoulder injury, he can go out for Poulter.

Give Cameron a full game in the ruck in the VFL- Bring in either Lynch or Cox to 'fatten them up for market'...

Send all players who need an op out for the op now. Tell Howe, Daicos, Moore, Johnson, McInnes, Begg, McReery and any others on the injured front to just concentrate on being 'Cherry-ripe' for day one of preseason.

Changes for Port Adelaide game:

Out: Mayne, Madgen, Thomas, Callum Brown, Sidebottom, Cameron.
In: Wilson, Keane, Ginnivan, Poulter, Mcrae, Cox or Lynch..

Injury sub- Rantall...

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:32 pm

masoncox wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

We need a naughty boy!

Seriously.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:34 pm

We clearly ran out of legs in the 2nd half. Maybe I'm looking for excuses, but I thought Grundy got hit hard in the 2nd quarter and struggled after that. Adams played out the game injured too.

I agree that Sidey's time is fast drawing near. Glad to see Henry take a few marks and kick 3 goals. He has a bright future, but atm he is a one trick pony - a very good mark, but slow and not yet strong enough at the contest. He'll be much better next year.

Ruscoe looks comfortable in defence and at least always has a go and is quite good in the air.

Jeez we gifted the blues some easy goals with sloppy turnovers and stupid 50 metre penalties.

Overall, I'm not too disappointed as it's been a shit year and until we get a new coach, we are simply in a holding pattern. Let's bring in Wilson, Ginnivan and Sier next week.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:36 pm

Just looking forward to Harvey saying that "We were nutted at the clearances" post-match.
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:36 pm

No loss to Carlton is acceptable.

Still this season is a write off.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:38 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
We clearly ran out of legs in the 2nd half. Maybe I'm looking for excuses, but I thought Grundy got hit hard in the 2nd quarter and struggled after that. Adams played out the game injured too.

I agree that Sidey's time is fast drawing near. Glad to see Henry take a few marks and kick 3 goals. He has a bright future, but atm he is a one trick pony - a very good mark, but slow and not yet strong enough at the contest. He'll be much better next year.

Ruscoe looks comfortable in defence and at least always has a go and is quite good in the air.

Jeez we gifted the blues some easy goals with sloppy turnovers and stupid 50 metre penalties.

Overall, I'm not too disappointed as it's been a shit year and until we get a new coach, we are simply in a holding pattern. Let's bring in Wilson, Ginnivan and Sier next week.

Agree, spot on, just play all our kids, get games into all of em now, and yes, a holding pattern, for sure. And offer Clarkson the earth, bang his door down, as i said earlier, at least the Blues are out of the running now for him, Teague is safe now, for sure. Surprised

thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:43 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Agree, spot on, just play all our kids, get games into all of em now, and yes, a holding pattern, for sure. And offer Clarkson the earth, bang his door down, as i said earlier, at least the Blues are out of the running now for him, Teague is safe now, for sure. Surprised

Offer him $800K for the first year and get Hawthorn to make up the difference, otherwise go for an untried coach or Pyke.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:44 pm

warburton lad wrote:
Mindful of the laws of defamation, but wanting to air my grievances, I note the following:

Mayne won't be on the list in 2022 and therefore we can get 5 games into Tom Wilson.

Madgen is an honest broker, but does not impact on the match to a high enough degree; time to get 5 games into Keane to see if he is up to snuff..

Thomas is a compulsory 12 day out with concussion- time to get a look at Ginnivan...

Poulter is a wingman- please play him there and, yep, must play the last five games.

Sidey has been marvellous soldier over many seasons, but please play McRae for the next four games- bring Sidey back for a farewell game in Round 22 against the Dons..

If Callum Brown has a shoulder injury, he can go out for Poulter.

Give Cameron a full game in the ruck in the VFL- Bring in either Lynch or Cox to 'fatten them up for market'...

In terms of fattening up Coxy to get better market value (or even keep him ourselves), could he be given a run as a tall defender/ruckman? He's not slow and he'd be a great spoiler coming over the back, with his height and long arms. Kicking out of defensive 50 might be an issue, but he has decent handball  skills and could dish off to other defenders.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8   

Jump to: