Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Olympic Games

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

K wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Been the most enjoyable Olympics to watch since Athens 2004 in my opinion.

It's been a very nice Olympics even from a neutral perspective.

Agree with this too. Have loved just about every second of it.

Bol missing a medal, Hockeyroos stuffing it up, the Kookaburras dropping the final, the Matildas missing out were real bummers for me.

Skye Nicolson's reactions after losing her bout will stick with me too. As will Kelsey Lee Barber's after her silver medal win. Gen Gregson doing her achilles and Pat Tiernan falling over right near the end of the long distance run... gut-wrenching.

I dont like the way the US media pile the pressure on some of their athletes. The overuse of the term "The Goat" and all that. The way they make excuses for not winning and their discredit to other nations is appalling.

Also pretty disappointed with the Olyroos and Rugby 7's players for being complete idiots in the village and on the flight home. Nice way to ruin it for others.

I think the sportsmanship overall was fantastic. As well as the fact that other nations have really lifted and become competitive across different events. I'm really glad that skin colour and ethnic backgrounds were not mentioned once.

I guess for me, it was the football players that showed the least amount of sportsmanship and fair play. Pretty sick of it to be honest. When you have teenagers jumping down flights of stairs and landing on concrete only to get up and keep going, when hockey players are copping sticks and a hard ball to the face only to keep going, whilst fully grown men are flopping around because someone just touched them and "you take any advantage you can get" is just a blight on the sport. FIFA need to stamp it out.

Overall a great games and I'm sad its over.

K wrote:
Great passion from Paddy Mills and the Boomers.

A bronze medal well deserved.

The highlight for me. Felt good about brining a medal home from the start. To lose the bronze in 2000 in Sydney and 2016 (when we should have at least won Silver), plus to lose the bronze in the 2019 WC (another one we blew). We also lost Bronze in 1996 and 1988.

We finally got on the podium. And when you look at the reactions of a team winning bronze compared to the US winning gold and to other Silver/Bronze winners, it's amazing.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:34 pm

Donny wrote:
Thanks, Jezza.

Love your work !! Very Happy

Thanks, Donny Smile

K wrote:
It's been a very nice Olympics even from a neutral perspective.

Agree, K.

K 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:52 am

Presti35 wrote:
piedys wrote:
Sweden pulled a collingwood [any GF year...] and wasted an early lead.

But man, those Swede chicks were HOT to watch...

Sweden got what they deserved imo.

Speaking of Sweden...

I reckon Mondo Duplantis in the pole vault was one of the highlights of the Games. His first attempt at breaking his own WR I thought he'd done it. He had the height. Just brushed the bar with his chest on the way down.

'“They say it’s impossible to jump in bad weather; it’s impossible to jump when it’s raining; it’s impossible if you have a headwind; it’s impossible if you have wind from the left or from the right,” he said. “But Mondo proved, ‘Well, if you don’t want to jump in bad conditions, I’m still going to do it.’”

Other Swedish vaulters “feel a little stupid,” Sjoberg said, now that Duplantis has made a habit of conquering the elements.'

(NY Times)

I get where they're coming from. Pole vault is dangerous!! Warming up in the final, Renaud Lavillenie came down on the track and injured himself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: