Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who will coach Collingwood?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 156, 157, 158
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you want as our next coach?
Ross Lyon
4%
 4%  [ 8 ]
Alistair Clarkson
24%
 24%  [ 43 ]
Brad Scott
4%
 4%  [ 8 ]
Mark Williams
19%
 19%  [ 34 ]
Michael Voss
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Adem Yze or Sam Mitchell
19%
 19%  [ 35 ]
Blake Caracella
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
Scott Burns
8%
 8%  [ 15 ]
Craig McRae
11%
 11%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 178

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that Buckley’s rather significant salary would have come under the soft cap, I’m assuming we would now have some additional pennies to allocate elsewhere.
Wouldn’t imagine McRae would be on the same money, so hopefully we can beef up our footy dept resources with an additional assistant still to be named.
The new reduced soft cap has forced all clubs to review and restructure their spend. Some have given up game day for development, while others have compromised player welfare or talent identification.
Some clubs will get the balance right and some won’t but those who get their priorities right from day one, will be the ones who improve the quickest.

Congratulations Fly. Who would have possibly known he was the favourite three weeks ago 😂😂
MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:35 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Given that Buckley’s rather significant salary would have come under the soft cap, I’m assuming we would now have some additional pennies to allocate elsewhere.
Wouldn’t imagine McRae would be on the same money, so hopefully we can beef up our footy dept resources with an additional assistant still to be named.
The new reduced soft cap has forced all clubs to review and restructure their spend. Some have given up game day for development, while others have compromised player welfare or talent identification.
Some clubs will get the balance right and some won’t but those who get their priorities right from day one, will be the ones who improve the quickest.

Congratulations Fly. Who would have possibly known he was the favourite three weeks ago 😂😂

Spoke about this to a mate last night - Bucks and Harvey would have been on big dollars as well as Sanderson.
McCrae would be on starting salary plus Collingwood tax ( bit extra big club)
Allows for decent dollars for Leppa - he wont come cheap.
Then again good dollars left for another senior coach - hopefully tapping.

Im not sure Kevin White was on big dollars - hopefully we are looking at a very senior experienced person in this space which will also cost more than we were spending.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:42 pm

think positive wrote:
i actually dont think we will do as badly next year as some seem to think, we only got trashed right at the end of the year when we had a lot of big stars out.

im excited for the future.

i really do feel for Harvey though, he does seem like a good bloke.
Totally agree. I just wish Wilson had have played the 3 games that Mayne got on his extended farewell tour. We have a fair list that beat Melbourne, Richmond and West Coast and went within a point of both Port and. Brisbane and lost another 4 y less than 2 goals with basically a list of kids and Rookies. Our best players were all out for extended periods and most times, the kids stood up and will be better for the experience. Rid ourselves of a clutch of hangers on and pick up few old heads who I think should be both Crows players in Talia and Lynch, don’t get rid of our Lynch or Maynard or DeGoey under any circumstances and getting out injured players back and can’t wait for 2022.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:58 pm

feeling positive for 2022, I think we’re going to be a good chance to make the eight. Honestly, 2021 was a write off due to last year’s trade drama and all the off-field issues with Eddie and racism as well as the board, and especially Bucks. Only the haters would judge us on this year’s form.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 156, 157, 158
Page 158 of 158   

Jump to: