Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who will coach Collingwood?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 156, 157, 158  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you want as our next coach?
Ross Lyon
4%
 4%  [ 8 ]
Alistair Clarkson
24%
 24%  [ 43 ]
Brad Scott
4%
 4%  [ 8 ]
Mark Williams
19%
 19%  [ 34 ]
Michael Voss
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Adem Yze or Sam Mitchell
19%
 19%  [ 35 ]
Blake Caracella
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
Scott Burns
8%
 8%  [ 15 ]
Craig McRae
11%
 11%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 178

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Said by Zed wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Craig McCrae might be another applicant for the position and he’s had a diverse and thorough apprenticeship.

Interesting one….from all accounts was pivotal to Tigers success….would be an interesting foil for Choco to combine with and handover fully after 2 years….f$#k knows we’ve made that work in the past successfully 🙄

“ Fly “ McRae was very highly regarded at Richmond ( now Hawthorn ) and so was Shaun Grigg ( Geelong ) Danny Daly ( Brisbane ) Leppitsch and McQualter during their successful seasons.
You know what they say “ success has many fathers but failure is an orphan “.

The worst thing you can have in the coaches box is a team of “ yes men “ around the coach. You need assistants who are confident enough to believe in themselves and speak up and be prepared to engage in a robust conversation with a superior.
I think Buckley has “ suffered “ from the yes men environment for a number of years and stifled any opportunity for creativity within the group.
Even when you look above, you can see how many Richmond assistants have moved on, even during the good times.
Whatever happens appointment wise, you can bet the new coach will appoint his assistants anyway, so the new broom will sweep very clean next year.
Bring it on.

Last edited by Pies2016 on Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:15 pm

David wrote:
Following on from my post above, there have been 62 senior coaching appointments (i.e. not counting caretakers) since the beginning of 2000, 48 at their first club and 14 who have been a senior coach at another club. Of the first group, nine (or 19%) have so far gone on to win a premiership (for a total of fifteen premierships); of the second group, just one (or 7%) has done the same. So if that’s anything to go on, you’re almost three times more likely to win a flag with an untried coach.

Nice work.

Over the last 30 years 9 (64%) of the 14 Premiership coaches were also Premiership players. Something else to ponder if making a decision between a Mitchell, Kingsley or Yze.

Over the last 100 years there has been 45 Premiership coaches . If you exclude the 7 individuals who filled the dual role as player/coach when winning a flag then 27 (71%) of the remaining 38 were also Premiership players prior to entering coaching.

It should be noted however that successful players throughout history would have been given greater opportunity to be a senior coach. It's how our human psychology works I guess. Whether the more talented players also have a greater capacity to become a successful coach would remain open to debate.

skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:53 pm

Mick McGuanne?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:56 pm

Great article in one of today's papers, with Peter McKenna endorsing Mark Williams as the perfect candidate to be our coach.
orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:01 pm

WHATEVER!!!!
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:38 pm

Yep. I endorse Chocco
E 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:00 pm

David wrote:
“Trust the Process”: Carlton 2002– Laughing

except it was their failure to do exactly that that doomed them. Hawks did it way back when.

More recently, both Lions and Demons did it! Seems to be working well for them although we will see......

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:30 pm

I’m open minded as to whoever gets the gig but Williams is a backward step.
He simply drives young players nuts with his intensity and fanaticism.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:32 pm

^ P16, Melbourne players have been raving about him this year. Maybe it's less intense when he's not senior coach...

Question
K 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:40 pm

Stephen May:

“'Choco' is mad about it – he’s obsessed about being perfect with every kick. He’ll stand there at every training session and watch every kick, and if it’s not perfect, he’ll let you know.

“Sometimes you can train and go through the motions and the skills drop off, but 'Choco' doesn’t allow that to happen at all.

“He’s been a great addition.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/03/23/how-choco-williams-is-demanding-perfection-at-melbourne/
K 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:43 pm

Choco interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgJPzi9orhA

"I'm not here to be a part of a team that's just average."
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:58 pm

I know Mark Williams sounds good but I still think he is better in the role he plays now rather than senior coach. In terms of recycled coaches if we can’t get Clarko or Chris Scott then I’d like us to take a punt on an assistant that has been part of premierships at other clubs like Leppa or Mitchell.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:31 pm
Post subject: Re: Graham Wright and how we move upwardsReply with quote

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Redlight wrote:
I think it's highly likely that Wright will side with keeping Buckley as senior coach. Then all this nonsense that he was only there because of McGuire can be consigned to the rubbish bin of history.

This one aged well.

Yeah, I think I really might’ve mozzed him with that comment. Smile

Still, I did say 'highly likely', not 'certain' and I'm still not exactly sure what Wright’s advice was, so it's lucky we have you to fill in the details. Clearly you know exactly what Wright was thinking. I, for one, am really grateful that we’ve got someone of your calibre posting here, someone who is obviously a trusted figure deep within the inner workings of the Club.

I mean you must be an insider right? I'd hate for people to get the wrong impression and think your just some loud-mouthed, pigeon-chested smart-arse posting on a football forum.

None of us want that.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:37 pm

K wrote:
^ P16, Melbourne players have been raving about him this year. Maybe it's less intense when he's not senior coach...

Question

Yep but do we honestly think a player is going to say anything else about a current ( assistant or line ) coach when a mic is shoved under his nose.

When people ( players, players parents or club staffers ) at both Richmond and Melbourne continue to say the same thing, you take note.
He has a way of polarising himself to everyone he meets. Half love him and the other half hide when they see him coming.
It’s not like this is earth shattering news to anyone in football. The club will know how intense and in your face he is. The only decision they have to make is how much of a right fit is that for a very young group of players.
If you’re a father to a teenager, then you will probably know the answer.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:49 pm

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-should-take-note-of-history-as-coach-search-begins-20210610-p57zrp.html

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/hardwick-backs-kingsley-for-pies-job-but-delivers-a-warning-for-aspirants-20210611-p58057.html
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 156, 157, 158  Next
Page 14 of 158   

Jump to: