Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies trump Tigers. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam wrote:
Watching the Richmond fan faces turn the colour of ash in the last was very satisfying. What a win!

Fantastic one line summation.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:39 pm

Cam wrote:
Watching the Richmond fan faces turn the colour of ash in the last was very satisfying. What a win!

Funny Cam but I was about to say the same thingšŸ˜ If they frowned and spit chips for a bit more time, their long faces would cracked open widešŸ˜…

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:41 pm

Isnā€™t this the house that Buckā€™s built??
Huff & puff šŸ˜‚
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:46 pm

schuey07 wrote:
Itā€™s amazing what an attacking game plan and playing players in their correct position does to a team, and to think some on here thought we couldnā€™t play like this because we donā€™t have the cattle. Also a bit of a pep up from the coach at three quarter time doesnā€™t go astray.

Yeah I was one who doubted that we had the cattle to win this game. They did win and I was put back in my place however I still believe that our cattle could be improved next season and would be improved with the return of those out with injuries. My confidence that we could be alright next year instead of struggling until 2023 or 2024 has shot up.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:48 pm

Mate watched Fox (I didnā€™t) and Adams gave Banger a wrapā€”at half time (?)
said to the players not to give up &!that he believed they could win

It apparently inspired Adams

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:51 pm

Lazza wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
Itā€™s amazing what an attacking game plan and playing players in their correct position does to a team, and to think some on here thought we couldnā€™t play like this because we donā€™t have the cattle. Also a bit of a pep up from the coach at three quarter time doesnā€™t go astray.

Yeah I was one who doubted that we had the cattle to win this game. They did win and I was put back in my place however I still believe that our cattle could be improved next season and would be improved with the return of those out with injuries. My confidence that we could be alright next year instead of struggling until 2023 or 2024 has shot up.

Iā€™m not saying we have the greatest team, but with a more direct style of football and taking the game on you give yourself the opportunity to win. I canā€™t understand why Bucks persisted with his terrible game plan.

If we draft right over the next couple of years weā€™ll be back up there. Get the right coach with an attacking mindset and we can challenge for a flag.
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:55 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Mate watched Fox (I didnā€™t) and Adams gave Banger a wrapā€”at half time (?)
said to the players not to give up &!that he believed they could win

It apparently inspired Adams
Itā€™s amazing what a bit of a rev up from the coach can do. I believe we wasted 10 years with Bucks. He saw no reason to motivate players. 10 wasted years and a 2010 premiership team that had at least another flag in them all because Eddie had to give a job to his mate. It makes me sick.
MC's Mix 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:01 pm

How Grundy didn't get in the best according the the AFL writeup is beyond me.
He absolutely monstered Chol all day, and particularly when it counted after half time.

According to AFL:
BEST
Richmond: Bolton, Grimes, Short, Graham, Baker, Lynch
Collingwood: Crisp, Adams, De Goey, Maynard, Elliott, Pendlebury

Yeah Elliott kicked 3 in the end, but I rated Grundy WAY over him today.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:05 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
Ruscoe looked better in defence than up forward.

He did well in the VFL in defence.

lihei Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:06 pm

Jezza wrote:
One for the ages!

Get ļæ½$%$ed Richmond!

COLLINGWOOOOOOOOD! āš«ļøāšŖļøāš«ļøāšŖļøāš«ļø

I wholeheartedly endorse these comments.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:10 pm

MC's Mix wrote:
How Grundy didn't get in the best according the the AFL writeup is beyond me.
He absolutely monstered Chol all day, and particularly when it counted after half time.

According to AFL:
BEST
Richmond: Bolton, Grimes, Short, Graham, Baker, Lynch
Collingwood: Crisp, Adams, De Goey, Maynard, Elliott, Pendlebury

Yeah Elliott kicked 3 in the end, but I rated Grundy WAY over him today.

Because they give it to the best players not who got the most stats.

I remember a game in the early part of the century and a rare Collingwood win over Hawthorn, Mitchell, Hodge and Crawford all got 30+ possessions and MMM gave them 3-2-1 in the W.O.G award because they were completely ineffective
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:11 pm

Sensational win. Hats off to the whole team.

Even Henry did a few nice things and should be better for the run. Imagine this team with the inclusions of Moore, Howe, Daicos, Poulter and Mcreery. If we land the right coach, Choco will have us in the top 4 next season! Go Pies!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:14 pm

schuey07 wrote:
Lazza wrote:
schuey07 wrote:

Iā€™m not saying we have the greatest team, but with a more direct style of football and taking the game on you give yourself the opportunity to win. I canā€™t understand why Bucks persisted with his terrible game plan.

If we draft right over the next couple of years weā€™ll be back up there. Get the right coach with an attacking mindset and we can challenge for a flag.

been saying all season we aint this bad, whats wrong? if we get a decent genuine FF we will be top 8 next season, i have no doubt

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:18 pm

think positive wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
Lazza wrote:
schuey07 wrote:

been saying all season we aint this bad, whats wrong? if we get a decent genuine FF we will be top 8 next season, i have no doubt

FF and a couple of good midfielders, and keep developing the kids and last of all the right coach.
slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:24 pm

Fantastic win!!!

It was a very even game for three quarters with only Richmonds accuracy keeping them ahead.
Once we starting capitalising on our own chances, we made them look second rate.

As for the continual mentions about their ā€œyoungā€ list and the amount of players that they had out, I say, welcome to what weā€™ve had to endure for the last 8 years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12   

Jump to: