Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Saints sink Pies. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Harrysz wrote:
As we all know, junk time goals are worth less than "normal" goals.
Apparently, junk time has now been extended to full quarters of footy.
In the future, the entire match will be regarded as junk time and no goals will count. The most entries into the 50 metre area will win the game.

Speaking of which, the ABC radio mentioned that the Pies are ranked dead last for forward 50 entries over the season so far; maybe its not all the forwards fault after all

Interesting stat.

I would say the quality of entries has been shiite also. However, very UnCollingwood like, in the last qrt against the Saints, and against Melbourne, we actually looked like we can actually do it. And we looked good doing it.

I think Sier should be kept.. only 23, and so close, yet so far. He should spend more time with Degoey.

Magden has played well and is much unfairly maligned. Definite keeper, and if he isn't top 22, he should be appreciated as an excellent backup.

Bye Cox. I wonder if we should be playing Lynch instead? In fact, we should be! IMO

Mayne/Levi retire.. Cox is traded for a banana. That's 3 players out.. but I wonder if the likes of JT and WHE survive and whether Ruscoe, Wilson survive considering we also need to fast-track the 10 players coming in since the last draft.

We can say with Nick coming in, josh and Bianco already here.. Rantall although needing another season, may not be safe either.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:43 pm

E wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
^ ^ ^

He was very good against Sandy. Ruscoe and Wilson got more of it but it was Keane who did the heavy lifting in the back half.
We can’t kick to save ourselves, so Ginnivan strikes me as very close to a call up. He’s something we are sadly lacking at the moment, a natural forward.

I liked his dash and willingness to play on. Didn’t see him stop and look backwards either

have you seen Magden show any fear? He has been getting better and better each week. also fearless and also a pretty good spoiler. PLays within his limitations and his mistakes are dropping fast (still not at zero though).

At the big league level, KEane is still a little deer in headlights to me and gets caught watching a little too much. definitely not a natural reader of the game. A tremendous athlete though so might come good in a year or two. No need to rush him at all.

The Saints game was easily Madgens best game for the last month or so.
How you interpret that is up to you but based on his last performance, he certainly plays again this weekend.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:44 pm

Qld, I don't think anybody much thought Harvey was going to perform any useful function, save as a placeholder for a coaching appointment in due course. The whole purpose of putting Harvey in the caretaker role was that he was never going to do anything that made it difficult to replace him. The last thing you do in this situation is appoint someone who can do the job competently - it might make it hard to bring on, say Sam Mitchell (or whoever, I don't really care) if Harvey managed 8 wins out of the last 9. But, happily (in a very limited sense of that word), he was never going to do that.
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:45 pm

Gutted

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:47 pm

E wrote:
i come here for all of my informatino. Why do i need to look elsewhere

Strange attitude

E wrote:
So JC, why no critique of the other 5?

JC puts a lot of effort into his reports, I've never seen him review all 22/23 players though - usually does 12-15. Most people are appreciative of that

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:32 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Harrysz wrote:
So now the armchair critics are criticising Scott Pendlebury. You'd think he might have earned the odd credit or two over the years but no, "he just didn't go hard enough".

Some supporters......well, I guess the word FICKLE comes to mind.

I can’t believe what I’ve been reading about Pendlebury. He should be the last person we criticize.

I’ve intimated it before but I’ll just say it now. There’s some really shite people on this board.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:02 pm

I've played plenty of sport. You don't go out there with the intention of playing rubbish. It just happens. If you get picked it means you have the skill to play at that level and then it's up to the coach to get the best out of the players.

I happen to think that it is a combination of the coach getting the best out of the players and the players getting the best out of themselves.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:28 pm

dalyc wrote:
Harrysz wrote:
So now the armchair critics are criticising Scott Pendlebury. You'd think he might have earned the odd credit or two over the years but no, "he just didn't go hard enough".

I can’t believe what I’ve been reading about Pendlebury. He should be the last person we criticize.

I’ve intimated it before but I’ll just say it now. There’s some really shite people on this board.

Please name who you are referring to.
If it is me, as I suspect, then at least say so. I don't like these sneaky attacks without reference. It just creates a bad atmosphere.
I made the comment about the Fox footage showing Pendles peeling off rather than chasing.
I just said that if Pendles was a bit under maximum effort during this game, it meant the whole team was.
Was this a criticism of Pendles?
Perhaps a minor one, but much more it was aimed at expressing the existence of a mindset in the game of the whole team which for three quarters lacked effort.
Does this prove that I am somehow lacking in respect for the legend that Pendles is?

Actually it proves the opposite. I was attempting to say that if such a champion as Pendles was caught making less than his usual effort on one occasion, it must have been an issue across the entire team, due to settings/coaching instructions/whatever else, that was affecting the entire team. Taken in the context of the game, this comment was entirely justified. Up to three quarter time, the entire team looked border line disinterested.

However, the issue is that some posters here rip comments out of their context. Once a comment is ripped out of its context, it is easy to twist the meaning and present the author as a "shite person" or a "traitor".

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:42 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
dalyc wrote:
Harrysz wrote:

If it is me, as I suspect, then at least say so. I don't like these sneaky attacks without reference. It just creates a bad atmosphere.
I made the comment about the Fox footage showing Pendles peeling off rather than chasing.
I just said that if Pendles was a bit under maximum effort during this game, it meant the whole team was.
Perhaps a minor one, but much more it was aimed at expressing the existence of a mindset in the game of the whole team which for three quarters lacked effort.
Does this prove that I am somehow lacking in respect for the legend that Pendles is?

Actually it proves the opposite. I was attempting to say that if such a champion as Pendles was caught making less than his usual effort on one occasion, it must have been an issue across the entire team, due to settings/coaching instructions/whatever else, that was affecting the entire team. Taken in the context of the game, this comment was entirely justified. Up to three quarter time, the entire team looked border line disinterested.

However, the issue is that some posters here rip comments out of their context. Once a comment is ripped out of its context, it is easy to twist the meaning and present the author as a "shite person" or a "traitor".

Sorry - mods won’t allow me name shite people or call posters sad s@cks

But if it helps my life experience suggests that if you think you are a shite person you generally aren’t while the reverse is often true.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:48 am

If Harvey picks 3 rucks again, he should be immediately sacked.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:53 am

RudeBoy wrote:
If Harvey picks 3 rucks again, he should be immediately sacked.

Eureka! Isn’t it obvious. Three ruckmen is like being one short on the interchange bench. If no other coach does it why do we do it? Also we can argue till the cows come home about Madgen but how many other teams play a 192cm back man who has has little leg speed against 199-200cm key forwards, particularly when we have running around in the VFL defenders who are taller, faster, tackle better, spoil better and kick better than Madgen?
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:09 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
dalyc wrote:
Harrysz wrote:

We need to keep the nastiness out of the conversation. To me this is bit like the character who plays the captain of the team in David Williamson’s play, “The Club”. His whole life has been the club. He bleeds for the club and now he’s reached that point in his career where he’s slowing down and he reaches the conclusion himself at the end of the play that the star boom recruit should take his spot in the centre of the ground. The point is Pendles is still earning his spot in the side albeit that he’s not as good as he was five years ago. He’s built up enough credits in the bank to be beyond criticizing in my view. Sure criticize the team for failing but leave Pendles out of the conversation.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:49 pm

Josh Daicos in for finger surgery. 4 - 6 weeks according to the club.
So that’s one replacement from the VFL already.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:32 pm

Charlie Oneeye wrote:
Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Harrysz wrote:
As we all know, junk time goals are worth less than "normal" goals.
Apparently, junk time has now been extended to full quarters of footy.
In the future, the entire match will be regarded as junk time and no goals will count. The most entries into the 50 metre area will win the game.

Speaking of which, the ABC radio mentioned that the Pies are ranked dead last for forward 50 entries over the season so far; maybe its not all the forwards fault after all

Interesting stat.

I would say the quality of entries has been shiite also. However, very UnCollingwood like, in the last qrt against the Saints, and against Melbourne, we actually looked like we can actually do it. And we looked good doing it.

I think Sier should be kept.. only 23, and so close, yet so far. He should spend more time with Degoey.

Magden has played well and is much unfairly maligned. Definite keeper, and if he isn't top 22, he should be appreciated as an excellent backup.

Bye Cox. I wonder if we should be playing Lynch instead? In fact, we should be! IMO

Mayne/Levi retire.. Cox is traded for a banana. That's 3 players out.. but I wonder if the likes of JT and WHE survive and whether Ruscoe, Wilson survive considering we also need to fast-track the 10 players coming in since the last draft.

We can say with Nick coming in, josh and Bianco already here.. Rantall although needing another season, may not be safe either.

So very few inside 50s, and those that do get in are shite...think PS4 might be onto something with his midfield and Grundy call....
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:33 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Josh Daicos in for finger surgery. 4 - 6 weeks according to the club.
So that’s one replacement from the VFL already.

His touch has been off for a couple of weeks now, I wonder if its related
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11   

Jump to: