Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Saints sink Pies. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 8.13.61
St. Kilda 10.10.70

Goals: Checkers 2, Cox, H-E, JT, Daics, De Goey, Elliott 1,

Disposals: Adams 34, De Goey 32, Pendles 28, Daics 20, Mayne 26, Crisp 23, IQ, Grundy 19, Noble 15, Madgen, 10, H-E 16, Roughy, JT 9, Sidey 8.

Tackles: Daics, Pendles, Crisp 6, Mayne, Adams 5.

D/E: Madgen 92.3%, Bianco 91.7

AF Points: De Goey 124, Mayne, Adams 109, Pendles 102, Crisp 99, Daics 95,

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
derkd 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:10 pm

I know people in the game thread calling for the comeback and hoping for a win. I am just going to say it...we didn't deserve to win this game and I am really glad we lost. Why?

A win would have vindicated to Harvey that the game plan that was played for the first three quaters "worked" and it clearly didn't. We need to learn the hard way to lose this rubbish slow game. It didn't work for the whole of Buckley's tenure as coach
..and it never will.

Last edited by derkd on Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:11 pm

[/quote="shawthing”] How about we recruit some decent indigenous players? This to me is the disgrace that Collingwood has to overcome. Fitting that Ryder and Hill killed us for three quarters. Nicky Winmar still haunts this troubled club![/quote]

Stop playing the race card mate ffs🤬 The frogging skin colour or heritage has nothing to do with it. There are heaps of players from a spectrum of colours that play great footy. Just recruit the best on footy talent and merit, not all that other crap. 😡

Last edited by Lazza on Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:12 pm

Great kick from Adams there when we had a sniff, 700k worthy
princem007 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:15 pm

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Great kick from Adams there when we had a sniff, 700k worthy

At that stage of quarter he had to take game on if we had any chance to win.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:15 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
BOG for us today was our international rookie Didint Givva Fuq.

You could have said that in a less racially charged manner, surely.

shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:19 pm

Lazza wrote:
[quote="shawthing”] How about we recruit some decent indigenous players? This to me is the disgrace that Collingwood has to overcome. Fitting that Ryder and Hill killed us for three quarters. Nicky Winmar still haunts this troubled club!

Lazza wrote:
Stop playing the race card mate ffs🤬 The frogging skin colour or heritage has nothing to do with it. There are heaps of players from a spectrum of colours that play great footy. Just recruit the best on footy talent and merit, not all that other crap. 😡

Footy history says otherwise. Why is our record with indigenous players so deplorable? That question still hasn't been answered. And you'd be the last one to accuse me of playing the race card mate. I mean the indigenous players have the game in their DNA. But we get white chumps from overseas and try to teach them a game that relies on instincts.

Last edited by shawthing on Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:23 pm; edited 5 times in total
princem007 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:19 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
BOG for us today was our international rookie Didint Givva Fuq.

Sometimes it can look like that when your losing, hang in there Pies will bounce back. I’ve been supporting them over 50 years and we always turn it around.

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:22 pm

Was thinking half way through the 3rd about how much I admired the supporters who were sticking around in the cold for that display. Even moreso after we got opened up properly late in the 3rd.

Glad for those rusted on diehards that they were given a little something by the boys late in the game.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:23 pm

AJ wrote:
Fox Footy just showed damning footage of the captain not putting in any effort. Called the called deplorable and are worried for the mid-long term future of the club.

Could be at the bottom for a decade.

Yeah I just saw that too. Had to replay it a couple of times to believe. Pendles just harmlessly peels off rather than giving chase. Then another one of our players insipidly tries to corral an opposition player in our F50 standing 10 m away (it is called defence with social distancing). Then Thomas is shown watching StKilda defender Sinclair running for the ball, and only halfheartedly making chase to give the impression he was trying to catch him. Sinclair passes to Long who then gets it to King.
I think the point was, not to single out Pendles and JT, but to emphasize that if the captain isn't really trying, then it is across the team.
Don't think Brereton is right in concluding that this means we could be at the bottom for a decade. This is a mindset issue, and mindset issues are not necessarily long lived phenonema. If you can go from the 2018 effort and inspiration to this in 3 years, then you can surely reverse it in less than 10. It points out to me though that all the settings under Bux and his entourage (except 2018) have been radically wrong, and still are.

princem007 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:31 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
AJ wrote:
Fox Footy just showed damning footage of the captain not putting in any effort. Called the called deplorable and are worried for the mid-long term future of the club.

Yeah I just saw that too. Had to replay it a couple of times to believe. Pendles just harmlessly peels off rather than giving chase. Then another one of our players insipidly tries to corral an opposition player in our F50 standing 10 m away (it is called defence with social distancing). Then Thomas is shown watching StKilda defender Sinclair running for the ball, and only halfheartedly making chase to give the impression he was trying to catch him. Sinclair passes to Long who then gets it to King.
I think the point was, not to single out Pendles and JT, but to emphasize that if the captain isn't really trying, then it is across the team.
Don't think Brereton is right in concluding that this means we could be at the bottom for a decade. This is a mindset issue, and mindset issues are not necessarily long lived phenonema. If you can go from the 2018 effort and inspiration to this in 2 years, then you can surely reverse it in less than 10. It points out to me though that all the settings under Bux and his entourage (except 2018) have been radically wrong, and still are.

Pendles is a legend of the club… anyone that questions his heart is a disgrace. Perhaps our greatest player of all time and has been playing with a fractured rib and who knows what over niggles. This is so wrong to single him out and a disgrace by Fox footy.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:32 pm

Geek wrote:
Was thinking half way through the 3rd about how much I admired the supporters who were sticking around in the cold for that display. Even moreso after we got opened up properly late in the 3rd.

Glad for those rusted on diehards that they were given a little something by the boys late in the game.

Absolutely, kudos to them for enduring 3 quarters of indifference, and 1 quarter of self belief. They are true hardcore fans.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:33 pm

7 of our behinds today came from set shots, basically dead in front fro inside 30 mtrs. Started with Cameron ended with Thomas ,who got his 3 or 4 touches when it didn't matter and kicked a goal then missed 2 that would have counted.Same with Miochec, don't care if thats the wrong spelling.2 touches till half way through the last qtr, kicks 2 in quick time then misses a sitter, the CRUCIAL one that would have near won us the game . Happens every week with these 2. Umpires should be brought up with the AFL.It was blatant cheating. How DeGoey didn't get that free in the last is beyond my comprehension. Mayne is just horrible.At least 4 of his dinky little kicks out of defence went straight to the opposition.Goes sidewards or backwards at every opportunity and stops the flow of play every time he has the ball in hand. Madgen just should never get a game in black and white again.He has no idea. I watched the VFL game and if Tom Wilson isn't a better prospect than Mayne and Keane isn't better than Madgen then I know nothing about footy in my 68th year being a Collingwood supporter. The relevant question is WHY would you sack Buckley now and then put an even more clueless coach in who just plays the same spuds week in week out? That was as painful a game I have ever endured and then they pull out a last qtr like that!!! My only wish now is that we destroy Richmonds finals chances next week and the rest won't matter.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:36 pm

princem007 wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
AJ wrote:

Don't think Brereton is right in concluding that this means we could be at the bottom for a decade. This is a mindset issue, and mindset issues are not necessarily long lived phenonema. If you can go from the 2018 effort and inspiration to this in 2 years, then you can surely reverse it in less than 10. It points out to me though that all the settings under Bux and his entourage (except 2018) have been radically wrong, and still are.

Pendles is a legend of the club… anyone that questions his heart is a disgrace. Perhaps our greatest player of all time and has been playing with a fractured rib and who knows what over niggles. This is so wrong to single him out and a disgrace by Fox footy.

I don't think that the issue is to "question his heart". Not even Brereton would dare do that. It was just to say that the effort in this game wasn't there.
There are two schools of thought.
School A: Wrap the team up in cotton ball, and treat the next 6 games as meaningless. Avoid injury by playing bruise free.
School B: AFL games, even if they can't lead to finals, are still invaluable for instilling the right core skills, attitude, teaching examples in our young players. They are worth their weight in gold for the pedagogical value. Therefore, we should play them with maximum effort and focus.
I belong to School B. We should be using these games to really get valuable game time for our kids. Valuable game time is not half-arsed effort for three quarters. If nothing else, sets a really regressive example for the kids going forward.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:40 pm

What a bizarre game.I don’t know what to make of it.Horrible for three quarters then we nearly pinched it in the last.People say St Kilda took the foot off the pedal in the last quarter and that it flattered us.Maybe so.But they looked dead on their feet to me in the last five minutes and were running up and down on the spot,just like we were in the first three quarters.

If Adams hadn’t turned the ball over with about two minutes to go with that shocking kick,then who knows what could have happened.Obviously we didn’t deserve to win,but we still could have pinched it,which is strange when you think how badly we played for most of the match.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11   

Jump to: