Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Vaccine - had it or will have it?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you had or will you be having the Vaccine?
Yes - I had the AstraZeneca
38%
 38%  [ 12 ]
Yes - I had the Pfizer
32%
 32%  [ 10 ]
No. I'm over 60, I don't want AZ, I'll wait
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No. I'm 40-60, I don't want the AZ, I'm trying to get the Pfizer
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
No, I'm under 40, I don't want the AZ, I'll wait.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
No, I can't take the AZ, Dr's orders, I'm not eligible for Pfizer, I'll wait
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
You're not sticking that untested poison in my arm
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
What's a Vaccine?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Alcohol kills covid, if I stay drunk I can't catch it.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
I'll take any vaccine but I can't get in to get it
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 31

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends what it is measuring, too. If it is merely measuring (as I suspect it is) the number of people who - over the entire course of all lives - die in their sleep, it's probably near enough. Plainly, it isn't measuring the chance that any particular person will die in their bed tonight.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:56 am

Geezus, if anyone bothered to click on the actual picture, they'd see the explanation.

Quote:
Research shows that 1 in 4 people in the US die of Heart Disease, and that 1 in 8 of them die while they're asleep... that's an alarming 1 in 32 chance 😳

#thefactsination

As reported by the American Heart Association, 2021

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:07 am

Couldn't click on the picture (or even get to the letter of the alphabet that was referring to the number) - I don't have instagram.

So, using those numbers and an average life expectancy of 80 (just for ease of calculation), the chance of dying in your sleep on any given night is probably around 1 in 935,000.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:11 am

MGM Resorts international now reportedly making being vaccinated a condition of employment for all US employees.

https://twitter.com/VitalVegas/status/1427416947587641347

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:06 pm

2nd dose of AZ yesterday. Update completed.

Apart from a sore arm at the injection site and a mild headache which only lasted on hour or so yesterday afternoon, no other side affects.

Partner has his 2nd AZ dose on Friday.

24 year old booked in for 1st AZ on Saturday. He decided to get AZ now rather than wait until eligible for Pfizer - has tried to get a booking for Pfizer but nothing available.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:41 pm

Think I saw today nearly 350,000 people under 40 have gone against the Queensland CHOs advice and gotten AZ since they opened it up.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:21 pm

Swanny got the jab today. Good on him.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/former-afl-star-dane-swan-urges-people-to-get-vaccinated-against-covid19/news-story/531d385b23f6a556eecbfd658a7014a9

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:56 pm

stui magpie wrote:
MGM Resorts international now reportedly making being vaccinated a condition of employment for all US employees.

https://twitter.com/VitalVegas/status/1427416947587641347

More Proof that people who Refuse to get Vaccinated be left behind the rest of the World

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:31 pm

Differing approaches from Aus companies, Telstra is going to pay each employee $200 to get vaccinated, Qantas and others are making vaccination mandatory to work.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:45 pm

Astrazanica Name has been Changed in Australia

https://www.news.com.au/technology/science/astrazeneca-to-change-vaccine-name-to-vaxzevria-in-australia/news-story/eebcbbc465ccff21dd3b29acf49645fe

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:11 pm

I just potentially had a glimpse of the future. I had to go to the fang farrier for A cut and polish, when I get there they have a sign downstairs saying don't come up, call us. Someone will come down and do a rapid antigen test on you.

So I rang up, because I'm fully vaccinated I didn't need to do the test or fill in the checklist, just come straight up, check in with the QR code and sit down.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:45 pm

Just adding to that, I checked my Covid 19 digital vaccination certificate in the Medicare Ap. Apparently I can link the digital certificate with Google Pay (and I assume the same with Apple Pay).

Hypothetically that provides the means for fully vaccinated people to simply use their phones at a NFC reader to prove their vaccination status.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:19 pm

just made an appointment for my eldest to talk to the doc next week to get her the ok for Pfizer, due to a couple of health issues she has had.
and thanks for the heads up i just downloaded mine, cheers

Last edited by think positive on Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:21 pm

This new data based on a random sample of over 3 million PCR tests might help those hanging out for Pfizer:

Quote:
The U.K. survey, run by the University of Oxford and the Office for National Statistics and published Thursday in a preprint, analyzed more than 3 million PCR tests from a random sample of people for a detailed picture of infection patterns as delta became the dominant variant this year.

“We’re seeing here the real-world data of how two vaccines are performing, rather than clinical trial data, and the data sets all show how the delta variant has blunted the effectiveness of both the Pfizer and AstraZeneca jabs,” said Simon Clarke, an associate professor in cellular microbiology at the University of Reading.

By roughly four and a half months after the second dose, Pfizer’s shot will probably be about on par with Astra’s at preventing infections with a high viral burden, said Koen Pouwels, an Oxford senior researcher who helped lead the study. There wasn’t a statistically significant difference in the Astra shot’s effectiveness over time.

The results cast further doubt on the possibility of achieving herd immunity via vaccination, said Sarah Walker, a professor of medical statistics and epidemiology at Oxford, who helped lead the study.

“The hope was that unvaccinated people could be protected by vaccinating lots of people,” Walker said. “The higher levels of virus that we’re seeing in these infections in vaccinated people are consistent with the fact that unvaccinated people are just going to be at higher risk, I’m afraid.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-18/covid-vaccines-are-less-effective-against-delta-in-u-k-study

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:44 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Just adding to that, I checked my Covid 19 digital vaccination certificate in the Medicare Ap. Apparently I can link the digital certificate with Google Pay (and I assume the same with Apple Pay).

Hypothetically that provides the means for fully vaccinated people to simply use their phones at a NFC reader to prove their vaccination status.

It won't be long before a developer creates an app with fake vaccination certificates/passports.

There is also already a fake check in app so the government cannot track your movements Rolling Eyes . The most likely trade off is that the Russian or Chinese developers get sent all your personal info instead, ha ha.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/aug/12/australian-conspiracy-theorists-and-anti-lockdown-groups-share-fake-covid-check-in-apps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11   

Jump to: