Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Vaccine - had it or will have it?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you had or will you be having the Vaccine?
Yes - I had the AstraZeneca
38%
 38%  [ 12 ]
Yes - I had the Pfizer
32%
 32%  [ 10 ]
No. I'm over 60, I don't want AZ, I'll wait
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No. I'm 40-60, I don't want the AZ, I'm trying to get the Pfizer
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
No, I'm under 40, I don't want the AZ, I'll wait.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
No, I can't take the AZ, Dr's orders, I'm not eligible for Pfizer, I'll wait
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
You're not sticking that untested poison in my arm
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
What's a Vaccine?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Alcohol kills covid, if I stay drunk I can't catch it.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
I'll take any vaccine but I can't get in to get it
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 31

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

50% is being very generous to the ABC Spin doctor
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:19 am

pietillidie wrote:
David wrote:
In all seriousness, I’m in the absolute lowest priority group for these vaccines...

Surely Nick's moderators are classified as essential workers? And all that spittle you have to avoid!

Wish I’d tried that during the last lockdown: "Yes, officer, I need to be en route to a city internet cafe … the people need me!"

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:39 am

Not a bad article for anyone planning on dodging the AZ vaccine and holding out for Pfizer.

Quote:
Richard Hinman spent hours online studying the risks of the AstraZeneca vaccine for people in their 20s before rolling up his sleeve for his first dose on July 2.

The 27-year-old British national, now living in Melbourne, concluded it was more likely he would get a blood clot on a long-haul flight back to the UK than from the AstraZeneca vaccine.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/calculated-risk-age-old-question-as-young-decide-whether-to-get-astrazeneca-jab-20210713-p5897o.html

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:18 pm

So I had that second shot, and in the end I was fatigued and off work for a day. It wasn't so bad, like a cold but without any disgusting symptoms.

Disappointed that I wasn't granted any superpowers though, I was hoping for levitation.
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:22 pm

Seems pertinent
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:39 pm

Nick - Pie Man wrote:
So I had that second shot, and in the end I was fatigued and off work for a day. It wasn't so bad, like a cold but without any disgusting symptoms.

Yeah, from what I read you're more likely to get a reaction from the 2nd Pfizer shot than the first and the reverse happens with AZ. I'm going in for my 2nd AZ shot on Saturday.
Quote:

Disappointed that I wasn't granted any superpowers though, I was hoping for levitation.

Flight, super strength and invisibility always seem to be the top superpowers. This doesn't have any effect on you? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8ttFr4N0jU

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:49 pm

Good on ya. It feels good to take the fight to the virus for a change
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:43 pm

Absolutely, so everyone who can, go out and get vaccinated.

Younger people, if you've ever popped a party pill or powder with all the risks that go with back yard manufacturing of pharmaceuticals then you have no case to argue about risk of side effects of the vaccine.

Get out and get the AZ clot shot, make Australia open again.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:11 pm

So had the second AZ Clot Shot this morning.

So now I'm fully vaccinated, homogenised, pasteurised microchipped and whatever else I need to be.

A bit disappointed in the turn out at the Heidelberg Repat, they were dealing with a mix of appointments and walkins, I reckon they had capacity to deal with 50% more people.

The process was a bit clunky, anyone who's ever had to go to an outpatients appointment at a public hospital knows organising stuff like that is not a strength of the system, but not really bad. Wasn't impressed with having to queue up outside, but they had a process clearly designed by a bureaucrat to follow, and we got there in the end. I got there 10 minutes before my appointment and including the 15 minutes compulsory sit down post vaccination I was out in a bit over an hour.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:33 pm

i had first up appointment at werribee hospital just before the last lockdown and panic hysteria that made getting appointments nearly impossible, hubby had an appointment the ford factory in Geelong a few days later, Werribee was fantastic, so well organised, except no signs at the door and the info girl didnt know where to direct us!!! he said geelong was alright, 2 queues, 1 for booked one for walk ins

the second one i have booked us both into the doctors surgery we prefer in Yarraville, first up afternoon appointment, but they always run like clockwork, have never waited more than 10 imn for anything, they dont overbook.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:54 pm

stui magpie wrote:
So had the second AZ Clot Shot this morning.

So now I'm fully vaccinated, homogenised, pasteurised microchipped and whatever else I need to be.

A bit disappointed in the turn out at the Heidelberg Repat, they were dealing with a mix of appointments and walkins, I reckon they had capacity to deal with 50% more people.

The process was a bit clunky, anyone who's ever had to go to an outpatients appointment at a public hospital knows organising stuff like that is not a strength of the system, but not really bad. Wasn't impressed with having to queue up outside, but they had a process clearly designed by a bureaucrat to follow, and we got there in the end. I got there 10 minutes before my appointment and including the 15 minutes compulsory sit down post vaccination I was out in a bit over an hour.

Great to hear you are Fully Vaccinated Stui

How bad/slow the Rollout has been nothing Sunrise me how bad it would be for people now trying to get Vaccinated

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:58 pm

^
That's thing Dave, there was lots of capacity there for anyone who wanted to walk in and get AZ. Pfizer only on appointment.

You're in the young demographic, you had the two AZ shots and you're fine.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:40 pm

You have to wonder with state premiers and health ministers in the news daily whining about no vaccines, just how many people don’t even bother checking?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:10 pm

The people there today were all age groups, most by my observation were getting Pfizer and most had appointments
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:47 pm

Checked in the Medicare App and I have my Government Covid Vaccination Digital Certificate. That was quick, less than 2 working days. I've saved an offline copy so when they introduce the rules that only Vaccinated people can go here or do this, I can whip out the phone and show em. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11   

Jump to: