Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

List Profile Age Demographic

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^. ^ ^
Cheers B T P. There’s obviously still a bit to play out leading up to the 2021 draft.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:41 pm

So on that one game alone against Gawn, does Lynch keep his spot on the 2022 list ? I think he does.
He costs us little and we need a back up who can at least hold his own when needed.
I’m also not fussed about Thomas staying or going. You need depth and with a new coach, he starts with a clean slate. If he’s as bad as most believe and with the kids coming on, he likely won’t get picked in the seniors anyway. Might all come down to the value of his contract.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:00 am

Greenwood and Mayne are almost certainties to retire. Although I've heard that Freo will entertain the idea of bringing Mayne back for a year. We'll see if that happens.

Also heard JT will accept an offer from the Suns, but I'm not convinced they need an older small forward. Lions were looking at small forwards last year, maybe they throw him a lifeline? I'd be surprised if a new coach kept him around. He is a free agent so if he gets any offer from another club, he'll surly take it.

Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:06 pm

A question for Pies2016 having seen 6 quarters of Nick Daicos.

He is obviously a cut above the competition, and his dominance is reminiscent of Rowell and Walsh in their underage years. Do you rate him with those, or is his dominance somewhat misleading with a diluted competition level due to lack of footy last year?
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:37 pm

Boogie Knights wrote:
A question for Pies2016 having seen 6 quarters of Nick Daicos.

He is obviously a cut above the competition, and his dominance is reminiscent of Rowell and Walsh in their underage years. Do you rate him with those, or is his dominance somewhat misleading with a diluted competition level due to lack of footy last year?

B K, I appreciate you have have an interest in my thoughts.
Just to clarify, I only really get to see Chargers, Dragons U18s and their opponents on the day.
Rowell is the best VIC metro kid I have ever seen. The best midfield game I ever saw from a VIC metro junior was Rowells performance in a losing U18 G F as a bottom ager. ( yes, Sidey’s performance was ridiculously good too but he wasn’t 16 at the time )
Probably the second best performance I ever saw was Rowells G F a year later when the Chargers won it.
As a junior, Judd played as an U14 / U16 around the corner from me ( East Sandringham ) and he was an incredible talent at 14. I never saw him in U18s because he played very little U18 footy at the Dragons. He had constant shoulder issues and he was obliged to play APS ( Caulfield Grammar ) before club footy. Those two things went against him going at number one.

Daicos probably comes in third behind those two as a VIC metro mid field talent. Nearly all of my TAC mates would say the same.
He’s not as strong as Rowell and he doesn’t have the acceleration that Judd had but he’s possibly more silky than Rowell.
Having said that, I’m not sure anyone reads the game better than Nick. It’s like he has a sixth sense for where to be.
I’m aware more than most about the pressure that comes with expectations on kids but when you see him play, it’s nearly impossible not to be excited.
Ripping kid and very focussed on his footy too. What’s not to like 😉

Last edited by Pies2016 on Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Boot 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:53 pm

Thanks for the update on Nick Daicos.
I don't think there is too much doubt that Nick Daicos is going to a terrific young talent for Collingwood, but I'm a bit concerned with the amount of hype and expectation surrounding the boy. Lets hope he has enough grounding to not be overwhelmed by all the attention he will be getting as the "next big thing" at Collingwood. Luckily it appears that Nick's parents seem to be pretty good at keeping their boys head's in line with their actual performance vs potential development of big heads ahead of demonstration of performance at the highest level.
Hopefully the new coach will be able to manage all the youth at the club and there is sufficient development of the young team to ensure they all reach their undoubted potential.
Development of youth at Collingwood was one thing that I felt Bucks did very well and of course there has never been a more precocious talent than Buckley himself when he started out in the AFL so he knew the pitfalls that could be faced by young men with talent at the biggest club in the land and so he could talk with credibility to the youth coming through.

Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:49 pm

Thankyou Pies2016 - your response if very much appreciated, and comforting. To even be in the conversation with Rowell and Judd for a top 3 should have Magpie fans salivating.

Certainly still a lot to play out, but the areas of his game you and media draft watchers highlight, are things that can't be taught and should translate across all levels.

I'm not too concerned about the pressure of expectation for Nick, he's grown up with the Daicos name and seems to have handled that ok thus far Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: